PDA

View Full Version : NY Area Get together

valkyrie
08-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Is anyone in the NY area interesting in getting together in August?

Ralph whatever happened to the Captree Cruise?

nexstar7
08-07-2004, 09:34 AM
those guys never called me back. i think krytin might have a card up his lseeve he's going to post this week for a get together this month. how you doing?

03SILVERSTREAK
08-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Is anyone in the NY area interesting in getting together in August?
Sounds like a plan :rock: :rock: :rock:

sundaydog
08-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Can't make the 21st or 22nd. Any other day, Count me in.

valkyrie
08-07-2004, 01:59 PM
those guys never called me back. i think krytin might have a card up his lseeve he's going to post this week for a get together this month. how you doing?

Good!! Recouping from Indy.

jgc61sr2002
08-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Sounds good to me. :up:

Krytin
08-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm trying to get something set up @ the beach club either for 8-28/29 or 9-4/5. It's across the street from my house w/ 1 acre parking lot, picknick/BBQ area on top of bluff overlooking LI Sound and (hopefully) stairs down to beach! Also horseshoe pits in my backyard!

Oh, by the way, here's the web site for the beach club - www.pickwickbeach.org - has pictures, maps & background info!

Bigdogjim
08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Any date, location firm yet??????????????????????

valkyrie
08-10-2004, 07:11 AM
I'm trying to get something set up @ the beach club either for 8-28/29 or 9-4/5. It's across the street from my house w/ 1 acre parking lot, picknick/BBQ area on top of bluff overlooking LI Sound and (hopefully) stairs down to beach! Also horseshoe pits in my backyard!

Oh, by the way, here's the web site for the beach club - www.pickwickbeach.org - has pictures, maps & background info!

I will challenge any and all in the Horseshoe pit. :uzi:

jaywish
08-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Any Dockage?

Jay

Krytin
08-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Guys pick a date! I'll schedule the grill space then!
Sorry no docks - but the beach is abnormally sandy for the North Shore of LI and you could anchor of the beach and swim in!

valkyrie
08-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Guys pick a date! I'll schedule the grill space then!
Sorry no docks - but the beach is abnormally sandy for the North Shore of LI and you could anchor of the beach and swim in!

Paul,
Since your the Host what is the best date for you?

nexstar7
08-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Paul,
Since your the Host what is the best date for you?
i can make it the 28th. i kick ass at horseshoe i have a trofy from when i used to live in daytona beach :rasta:

nexstar7
08-10-2004, 06:09 PM
just kidding valkyrie. :)

Krytin
08-10-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm leaning toward the 28th but want to be open so we can get as many people as we can!

jrzygrl
08-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Good!! Recouping from Indy. AHH, YA' Think?!!! :D

Effster
08-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I cant make the 28th/29th as that is a "special" :up: weekend that is pre-booked.before or after is kewl though,havent seen you guys in some time.

Bigdogjim
08-10-2004, 07:53 PM
I will challenge any and all in the Horseshoe pit. :uzi:

Hey! I have seen you shoot pool! Hope your better at horseshoes :lol: :lol:

Krytin
08-11-2004, 03:54 AM
I cant make the 28th/29th as that is a "special" :up: weekend that is pre-booked.before or after is kewl though,havent seen you guys in some time.

Ok, I for one will be happy to make it for the next weekend, it has three possible dates - 4th, 5th or 6th. Since it's going to be outside, lets start w/the 4th and let the weather forcast decide.

PS - I just got a report that activity was real heavy @ OBI beach parking field last weekend w/MM sightings! Anybody from here?

03SILVERSTREAK
08-11-2004, 04:18 AM
i can make it the 28th. i kick ass at horseshoe i have a trofy from when i used to live in daytona beach :rasta:Whats a TROFY ???:confused:

valkyrie
08-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Hey! I have seen you shoot pool! Hope your better at horseshoes :lol: :lol:

That's just not right. Did you see me before I started leaning or after?

valkyrie
08-11-2004, 06:23 AM
i can make it the 28th. i kick ass at horseshoe i have a trofy from when i used to live in daytona beach :rasta:

In Jacksonville we wouldn't let the Daytona boys in our pit. :bounce:

valkyrie
08-11-2004, 06:25 AM
Ok, I for one will be happy to make it for the next weekend, it has three possible dates - 4th, 5th or 6th. Since it's going to be outside, lets start w/the 4th and let the weather forcast decide.

PS - I just got a report that activity was real heavy @ OBI beach parking field last weekend w/MM sightings! Anybody from here?

I am good for the 4th.

I was at the OBI Sunday and there was no one there.

jrzygrl
08-11-2004, 11:37 AM
That's just not right. Did you see me before I started leaning or after?

Harry..I was there before the "lean" you were kicking some a**!!!!

troopcar
08-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Whats a TROFY ???:confused:

Now, who on earth said TROFY? By any chance, was is RALFIE? Or was it RALFY?

troopcar
:lol:

Krytin
08-13-2004, 04:04 PM
I am good for the 4th.

I was at the OBI Sunday and there was no one there.

Harry,
I spoke to effster over @ S&K, it looks like he's in for the 4th as well! I'm leaving Sunday for a camping trip - try & keep some interest up for the meet!
Start kicking around some menu ideas. So far I want to do some "special" BBQ chicken wings, Italian sausage & pepers along w/ the standard hotdogs & hamburgers. Also cold beer! I'll check back the end of next week to see how things are going!
Paul

jgc61sr2002
08-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Paul - Have a nice trip. Hope to see you all on the 4th of Sept. :D

Krytin
08-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks John! Glad to hear you're coming - looking forward to it!

Marauder
08-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I wish I could make it guys. I'll be at a wedding in Iowa.

valkyrie
08-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Harry,
I spoke to effster over @ S&K, it looks like he's in for the 4th as well! I'm leaving Sunday for a camping trip - try & keep some interest up for the meet!
Start kicking around some menu ideas. So far I want to do some "special" BBQ chicken wings, Italian sausage & pepers along w/ the standard hotdogs & hamburgers. Also cold beer! I'll check back the end of next week to see how things are going!
Paul

OK, let's see a show of hands that will make it the Long Island NY get together on Sept. 4th.

Krytin will be the host, at the beach club I believe.

Suggestion for the menu will be accepted at this time as well.

I will start by saying that the following will be there:

Krytin
Valkyrie (And family)
Nexstar

Any others? :party:

nexstar7
08-15-2004, 06:27 PM
OK, let's see a show of hands that will make it the Long Island NY get together on Sept. 4th.

Krytin will be the host, at the beach club I bvelieve.

Krytin
Valkyrie (And family)

sorry about the spelling. i was in a hurry. its been a crapy week. i'll go wich ever date. i'll bring the hot sauce ADRIAN. :neener:

nexstar7
08-15-2004, 06:29 PM
dan, my phone is on the blink. i'll keep in touch.

valkyrie
08-16-2004, 05:56 AM

Krytin will be the host, at the beach club I believe.

Krytin
Valkyrie (And family)
Nexstar

We now have three!

03SILVERSTREAK
08-16-2004, 06:18 AM
sorry about the spelling. i was in a hurry. its been a crapy week. i'll go wich ever date. i'll bring the hot sauce ADRIAN. :neener:
i can make it the 28th. i kick as at hourseshoe i have a trofy from when i used to live inn daytona beach :rasta:When you bring the sauce explain to us all still " Whats a Trofy " because it sounds like your on the sauce again...:dunno::banghead: :rofl:

Bigdogjim
08-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Do we have a address for this meet or do I need a secret decoder ring?

valkyrie
08-16-2004, 06:03 PM

Krytin is out for the week. He will supply one on his return. Until then I need to gather participants!

Am I putting you on the list? :whistle:

Bigdogjim
08-16-2004, 06:37 PM

List for what???

Now what did I do :rofl:

Not sure is the best I can do at this time :fishslap:

Got to see where the meet is :popcorn:

Thanks

valkyrie
08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
List for what???

Now what did I do :rofl:

Not sure is the best I can do at this time :fishslap:

Got to see where the meet is :popcorn:

Thanks

Big Dog, I know it is in Suffolk County if that helps.

valkyrie
08-19-2004, 05:28 AM
Krytin is out for the week. He will supply one on his return. Until then I need to gather participants!

We are still looking for interest in getting together on Sept. 04th.

In Long Island NY. So far we have three participants. Looking for more. Let's go Tri State.

Krytin
08-19-2004, 07:35 AM
It's on Long Island in Rocky Point - Lower Rocky Point Road @ corner of Westchester Ave - "Pickwick Beach Club". Link @ www.pickwickbeach.org - they have simple map @ the site. The south end of Westchester Ave is off of Rt 25a - if you're headed east bound on 25a, you make a left onto Westchester (North Shore Little League ball fields on right), take Westchester to the end @ Lower Rocky Point (LRP) Rd and the entrance to the club is directly across the intersection! My house is one block east off LRP Rd @ corner of LRP & Caddy Place.

Krytin
08-22-2004, 01:52 PM
OK, I just got back from the dedication of the new stairs @ the beach club and everything looks great!
Now I need to know how many people really plan to come on 9/4 so I can get enough food & beverage (beer)?
Anyone else besides Valkyrie, Nextar & ?

Elsalsero
08-23-2004, 07:17 AM
OK, I just got back from the dedication of the new stairs @ the beach club and everything looks great!
Now I need to know how many people really plan to come on 9/4 so I can get enough food & beverage (beer)?

just got back from vac. should be at the meet hope to see everyone their. :drive:
will they be a car-van going up coming from queens? :run:

valkyrie
08-23-2004, 09:32 AM
just got back from vac. should be at the meet hope to see everyone their. :drive:
will they be a car-van going up coming from queens? :run:

I am coming from Lynbrook and I believe Nexstar is in Queens.

valkyrie
08-23-2004, 09:33 AM

Krytin call me before purchasing so I can help out!

Krytin
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Will do Valkyrie - we still have some time. The beach club installed two little hibachi grills as well as several picknick tables - hope the weather cooperates (we can still hang @ my house).

nexstar7
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Will do Valkyrie - we still have some time. The beach club installed two little hibachi grills as well as several picknick tables - hope the weather cooperates (we can still hang @ my house).
i think i missed one. when is it

Krytin
08-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Back up a few posts - 9/4 saturday - option to rollover to sunday or monday for rain.

jrzygrl
08-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Beach, Marauders..what else could you ask for..anyone interested in a "Get JRZY to the meet fund?" LOL :2thumbs:

jgc61sr2002
08-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Back up a few posts - 9/4 saturday - option to rollover to sunday or monday for rain.

Sounds great. Will you post directions? Is there a place to tie up a boat? :2thumbs: :party1:

Krytin
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Sounds great. Will you post directions? Is there a place to tie up a boat? :2thumbs: :party1:

Lie east to exit 63 - turn left @ light onto CR 83 "North Ocean Ave" go north to end.
At end of CR 83 make right onto RT 25a east & go through Mount Sinai and Miller Place. Just as you enter into the town of Rocky Point - sign on right shoulder - you will see the "North Shore Little League" ball fields on your right. Take the next left @ traffic light - "Westchester Ave."
Take Westchester Ave to end @ "Lower Rocky Point Rd."
Turn left onto Lower Rocky Point Rd and take the first right (less than 100' from intersection) into driveway for "Pickwick Beach Club". 5mph - the pavement is a little rough - drive straight up into the parking lot.
!2 noon is when I will be setting up.

No dock on the beach but it is sandy and inbetween two rock jetties - it should be possible to get a boat up to 20' in w/no problem BUT, I have not done it myself! I would have to get you some better landmarks and bearings if you're serious.

valkyrie
08-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Lie east to exit 63 - turn left @ light onto CR 83 "North Ocean Ave" go north to end.
At end of CR 83 make right onto RT 25a east & go through Mount Sinai and Miller Place. Just as you enter into the town of Rocky Point - sign on right shoulder - you will see the "North Shore Little League" ball fields on your right. Take the next left @ traffic light - "Westchester Ave."
Take Westchester Ave to end @ "Lower Rocky Point Rd."
Turn left onto Lower Rocky Point Rd and take the first right (less than 100' from intersection) into driveway for "Pickwick Beach Club". 5mph - the pavement is a little rough - drive straight up into the parking lot.
!2 noon is when I will be setting up.

No dock on the beach but it is sandy and inbetween two rock jetties - it should be possible to get a boat up to 20' in w/no problem BUT, I have not done it myself! I would have to get you some better landmarks and bearings if you're serious.

Is there anyone else interested in the Beach meet next Saturday?

:party:

Krytin
08-28-2004, 04:39 PM
So far I have it at:
Valkyrie
Nexstar7
jgc61sr2002
effster
Krytin
I emailed DL04 & haven't heard from him yet - hope everything's ok?!
and if we could figure out how to get jrzygrl out here it looks like we have enough for a go!

Any more sugestions for the grill?

nexstar7
08-28-2004, 08:37 PM
sorry guys, i have to bail on you's. my wife pulled my ear to go to penn state for the weekend.

valkyrie
08-29-2004, 06:53 AM
So far I have it at:
Valkyrie
Nexstar7
jgc61sr2002
effster
Krytin
and if we could figure out how to get jrzygrl out here it looks like we have enough for a go!

Any more sugestions for the grill?

Krytin as an FYI I plan on having three with me. One big one and 2 little ones.

03SILVERSTREAK
08-29-2004, 01:55 PM
So far I have it at:
Valkyrie
Nexstar7
jgc61sr2002
effster
Krytin

Any more sugestions for the grill?Sorry guys but Im working all this comming weekend for 12 hours per day , sat and sun in operation high intensity surveilance and unable to attend , but will be thinking of you guys and all that ice cold brrr in the coolers :sweat: . man o man this will be a hot and difficult week :baaa: . ENJOY!!!:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Krytin
08-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the head count Valkyrie!
nexstar & SILVERSTREAK - sorry you cann't make it this time, we'll try again next time!

valkyrie
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the head count Valkyrie!
nexstar & SILVERSTREAK - sorry you cann't make it this time, we'll try again next time!

Since the head count is low I am thinking I can swing some lobster from Jordans.

DL04
08-31-2004, 08:27 AM

Krytin - Everything is good,I was down in PA on vacation last week. I won't be able to make the meet this weekend, I'm leaving for Maine tonight won't be back until Sun. or Mon. Hope to make the next one. Hey Ralph if you take the scenic route you can stop and pick up a couple of growlers for the beach!

Krytin
08-31-2004, 02:14 PM
Good to hear from you! Sorry you can't make this one - have fun in Maine! See you next time!

Krytin
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Party's still on - Valkyrie I'll call you tomorrow!

jaywish
09-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Krytin,

Is there a cell or regular phone line I can reach you at.

I'm still trying to scare up a possible trip out via boat.

Thanks
Jay

jaywish
09-03-2004, 02:10 PM
My #'s

(914)
376-8030 wk
965-9420 hm
774-3604 cell

Jay

Krytin
09-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Sorry I didn't get back sooner!
cell - 516-807-0827 signal stinks on the North Shore of the Island but I'll keep it on!

jgc61sr2002
09-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Paul - My wife and I had a wonderful time. Just wanted to say thanks to you , your wife and daughter. You did a wonderful job. :party: Was also nice to meet Harry and his wife and family. See you soon. :D :up:

valkyrie
09-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Paul - My wife and I had a wonderful time. Just wanted to say thanks to you , your wife and daughter. You did a wonderful job. :party: Was also nice to meet Harry and his wife and family. See you soon. :D :up:

John, the wife and I enjoyed the company as well.

My that is a lot of posts. However do you find the time? ;)

Krytin
09-04-2004, 06:26 PM
John & Harry, wives & families - thank you all for coming! We had a great time as well and are looking forward to the next meet. Pictures tomorrow!

jgc61sr2002
09-04-2004, 07:26 PM
John & Harry, wives & families - thank you all for coming! We had a great time as well and are looking forward to the next meet. Pictures tomorrow!

Paul - Looking foward to the pictures. Thanks again. :party1:

Krytin
09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok.. four new pictures from Saturday's meet in my gallery!

jrzygrl
09-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Ok.. four new pictures from Saturday's meet in my gallery!

Beautiful day at the beach...wish I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!