PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump on sensor wire

DirtyDog
08-07-2004, 08:39 PM
I cannot find the Fuel pump on sensor wire for the wiring on the electric water pump. It says wiring harness on passanger side firewall, pin 9. I see two harnesses there. I cannot find it in my manual either. I've spent hours on this. HELP

Dave

jparrie
08-08-2004, 04:40 AM
I cannot find the Fuel pump on sensor wire for the wiring on the electric water pump. It says wiring harness on passanger side firewall, pin 9. I see two harnesses there. I cannot find it in my manual either. I've spent hours on this. HELP

Dave

The data you have is for a Mustang. I confirmed this by speaking with the pump manufacturer.

I have not taken the time to run down the correct wire for our Marauder's yet, but will post it here when I do.

May be tomorrow the honey do list is not to long. :eek:

Jim

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 06:47 AM
The data you have is for a Mustang. I confirmed this by speaking with the pump manufacturer.

I have not taken the time to run down the correct wire for our Marauder's yet, but will post it here when I do.

Jim

I use the fuse box under the hood sepending on year of the Marauder there is a plce for another relay I installed the power wire there or use a 12 volt test light and find a fuse with power on with key on only and install it there, I will post pictures in a few

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 06:48 AM

Jim

I use the fuse box under the hood depending on year of the Marauder there is a place for another relay I installed the power wire there or use a 12 volt test light and find a fuse with power on with key on only and install it there,
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1091978006-fuse%20box%20copy.jpg

http://www.marauder57.com/images/Reinhart%20Moving%20MM.gif

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 09:01 AM
I use the fuse box under the hood depending on year of the Marauder there is a place for another relay I installed the power wire there or use a 12 volt test light and find a fuse with power on with key on only and install it there,
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1091978006-fuse%20box%20copy.jpg

http://www.marauder57.com/images/Reinhart%20Moving%20MM.gif
I was thinking the Fuel pump on wire would be more convenient when using the Tuner to make tuning changes.
Dave

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 09:31 AM
It makes no difference where you wire it in as long as its hot with the key in the run position

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1091984918-fuse-box.gif

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 09:42 AM
When the pump is hot in the run position it will be running and drawing current away from the tuner. The other way if the fuel pump is not running the water pump will not have power.
Dave

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 09:52 AM
When the pump is hot in the run position it will be running and drawing current away from the tuner. The other way if the fuel pump is not running the water pump will not have power.
Dave

David I am not sure what you are talking about the electric water pump has nothing to do with the tuner, the electric water pump has to be hot with the key on, the tuner instructions say to disable the fuel pump but this is not applicable to the Marauder its only valid for Mustangs and other Ford cars that have a CCRM or VCRM in that case when you start to flash the PCM the fuel pump and cooling fan comes on and can cause battery voltage to fall below 11.5 volts and this will erase the pats codes out of the PCM this is not the case on the Marauder, that's why on those cars it says to disable the fuel pump relay and or just put a battery charger on the car while you are flashing the PCM

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 10:10 AM
If you are flashing the computer is the key in the run position? If the key is in the run position is the water pump running? If the pump is running it is drawing current.

Are you saying in the Marauder the fuel pump is still hot before the engine starts. I thought it was not hot until it started.

So your saying just disconnect the water pump when using the Tuner?

Dave

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Yes David it is, but its minimal, the drain SCT is concerned with is the cooling fans on the cars I just spoke about they pull a lot of curent, the electric water pump does not, if you are that concerned with this just pull the fuse in the pump, when flashing I never do and I have had no problems, I did ten cars at the event no one had problems there several had the Mezerie

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes David it is, but its minimal, the drain SCT is concerned with is the cooling fans on the cars I just spoke about they pull a lot of curent, the electric water pump does not, if you are that concerned with this just pull the fuse in the pump, when flashing I never do and I have had no problems, I did ten cars at the event no one had problems there several had the Mezerie

Dennis, thanks a lot.

Where are you hooking up the LED, to the blue wire between the pump and fuse?

Thanks again, Dave

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Dennis,
I went to hook it the way you said in previous post and on my car (2003B) that connection is hot in accessory position also. I checked all the relay positions not used and the fuse positions not used and they are all hot in accessory also. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Dennis Reinhart
08-08-2004, 06:03 PM
David use a 12V test light and find a source that is off with the key off and hot in the run position the two fuses shown for 2004 model should work, there on both model years, if what you found is hot in acc position and off with key off that will work fine

DirtyDog
08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Dennis,
I have just re-tested every fuse and relay position. Every one is hot with 12 volts in the off position except the relay slot you showed in your picture above.

I hooked up the pump to it and it runs in the accessory position. I don't want it running when I'm listening to the radio at a Show & Shine.

What do you think.

Dave

DirtyDog
08-11-2004, 10:03 PM
:banana: Well I think I found it. Works fine in the driveway. I'll try it for a couple of days. It was not even close to where the instructions described.

Dave

P.S. I'll post the location when I'm sure.

warren
08-16-2004, 11:09 PM
:banana: Well I think I found it. Works fine in the driveway. I'll try it for a couple of days. It was not even close to where the instructions described.

Dave

P.S. I'll post the location when I'm sure.

Dave,

Well where did you connect it --- how is it working --- have you noticed
a difference in temp.

WarrenB

DirtyDog
08-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, it works fine. The water temp is the same as before. I have not noticed anything different, other than the low end pick up. It has a nice seat of the pants feel.

Wire location: Fuse box passager side fender well, top side. There are four clips on the long sides. Using your thumbs pull two clips out a little on the engine side and lift. Then do the same to the out board side and lift. The box will lift right up and you have access to the wiring harmess to the fuse box. There are three orange and black wires, pick one. They come from the PCM and send power to the Fuel Pump Relay, AC Clutch Relay, and ABS Control Module. "The PCM Relay is turning these things on." The pump is running when the ignition is on, in the run mode. The pump does not run in the accessory mode.

I added a switch under the hood with a red light so I can turn the pump on when everthing is off. With this I can do some cooling between runs.

Dave

P.S. I sent a schematic diagram to Meziere for their input and they said that was fine.