PDA

View Full Version : Blue smoke on start up.

Lowell
08-09-2004, 03:24 PM
My dealer called me back today, Ford rep tells my service writer that they have had only one Marauder with bad valve stem seals. I have blue smoke on start up several times per week. Usually after sitting over an hour after being driven more than a half an hour before shut down. Hack saw this at indy. I have seen other posts on this using search. I feel that there may be newer input. I know that one other member has a similar problem in Atlanta. The dealer wants to tear the engine down to do diagnostics. Do I let a small dealer do this or do I want to go to a larger dealership with more experience with this power plant? I did snap a photo as documentation of blue smoke on start up. Any of your eperiences of any one who has previously had this problem would be greatly appreciated. My build is 07-02.

Hack Goby
08-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Type in "blue smoke" on the search,There are a few thing about it.

Meteorite
08-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Mine does it, too, but only rarely.

I am sitting tight for now, until it gets more frequent.

prchrman
08-13-2004, 05:48 AM
Guys I had a 92 Linc. town car (black, cloth top, 27mpg, loved that car) that had a 4.6. I live in the mountains so this may not apply to you but if I parked uphill it would smoke on start up. But it never smoke when sitting down hill. Never had it looked at and it never used any oil that I could tell, and that's with 5,000 mile oil changes. It never got worse or better and I put about 60,000 miles on the car so it had 123,000 when I sold it about 5 years ago and it is still running around town. With so many valves on our 4.6s I could see where seal leaks could happen, twice the chance of a regular car. willie

sailsmen
08-13-2004, 06:00 AM
Under quick links go to member list, go to TTA, find all threads started by. HE had a defective head replaced under warranty.

There was a run of defective heads. When this was found out by Ford the Cobras got a TSB w/ a different p/n#.

Be careful to make sure if they replace the head you get one w/ the new p/n# or you may get another defective head.

Also try blue oval news on line.

Merc-O-matic
08-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Leave it alone....
mine smokes too!

Gotta Love It!

metroplex
08-30-2004, 05:30 PM
If you've raced it, you can very well lose the factory warranty on your car.