PDA

View Full Version : Dream Cruise Final Details - Please Read

MikesMerc
08-10-2004, 06:34 PM
We are in the final planning phase for the Dream Cruise. As it sits now, all spots have been sold. However, mpierce and darebren are looking to sell thier spots due to unforeseen circumstances which prevent them from traveling to Detroit for the weekend. So anyone out there that wants to go but needs a spot should seek these guys out.

Sponsoring vendors are Varsity Lincoln-Mercury, Trilogy Motorsports, and Alternative Auto. I'd like to thank these vendors in advance for coming, and a special thanks to Varsity for the extra financial support.

In addition to having Jerry Barnes and Lidio there, we'll also have Steve Babcock in the house. These guys and 20+ Marauders should make for an awesome display!!

Spots will be assigned as follows:
Some cars will be pre assigned based on commitments made to vendors and heavily modified and classic Marauders will get some visibility preference.
After that, the remaining majority of spots will be drawn by lottery in order to be fair to everyone. After your spot is assigned, trading with others is allowed. Obviously, both parties must agree. I will have spots assigned by next weekend.

Now I need some help!
I need a few local Marauder guys to get together with me at Annette.s sometime soon. I want to put 5 or 6 Marauders in the lot to double check my spacing layout. I also want to discuss any other final planning details, such as the "Thursday Night Squat" to secure public space, roping off private space, electrical outlet usage, food and beverage facilities, etc.

I'd like to get together SOON!

MY suggestion is this coming Saturday evening....for two reasons. First, I don't wanna wait any longer than that to get this meeting under way. And 2, which is most important, to enjoy Woodward!!! The activity out there is absolutely NUTS!! Getting together out there will really get the excitement going. I felt pretty drained after MVII, but last Saturday night on Woodward has me all pumped up again.

We can certainly entertain other nights. But I was hoping to have some fun on Woodward along with the planning. We MUST have this done by the end of this weekend as next week...starting Monday...things will be just crazy on Woodward. The whole week is nuts!!

So, please Vote in the Poll (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12011) on the other thread as to when you want to come to a planning meeting.

Please post thoughts and suggestions below.

Jerry Barnes
08-11-2004, 07:21 AM
We are in the final planning phase for the Dream Cruise. As it sits now, all spots have been sold. However, mpierce and darebren are looking to sell thier spots due to unforeseen circumstances which prevent them from traveling to Detroit for the weekend. So anyone out there that wants to go but needs a spot should seek these guys out.

Sponsoring vendors are Varsity Lincoln-Mercury, Trilogy Motorsports, and Alternative Auto. I'd like to thank these vendors in advance for coming, and a special thanks to Varsity for the extra financial support.

In addition to having Jerry Barnes and Lidio there, we'll also have Steve Babcock in the house. These guys and 20+ Marauders should make for an awesome display!!

Spots will be assigned as follows:
Some cars will be pre assigned based on commitments made to vendors and heavily modified and classic Marauders will get some visibility preference.
After that, the remaining majority of spots will be drawn by lottery in order to be fair to everyone. After your spot is assigned, trading with others is allowed. Obviously, both parties must agree. I will have spots assigned by next weekend.

Now I need some help!
I need a few local Marauder guys to get together with me at Annette.s sometime soon. I want to put 5 or 6 Marauders in the lot to double check my spacing layout. I also want to discuss any other final planning details, such as the "Thursday Night Squat" to secure public space, roping off private space, electrical outlet usage, food and beverage facilities, etc.

I'd like to get together SOON!

MY suggestion is this coming Saturday evening....for two reasons. First, I don't wanna wait any longer than that to get this meeting under way. And 2, which is most important, to enjoy Woodward!!! The activity out there is absolutely NUTS!! Getting together out there will really get the excitement going. I felt pretty drained after MVII, but last Saturday night on Woodward has me all pumped up again.

We can certainly entertain other nights. But I was hoping to have some fun on Woodward along with the planning. We MUST have this done by the end of this weekend as next week...starting Monday...things will be just crazy on Woodward. The whole week is nuts!!

So, please Vote in the Poll (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12011) on the other thread as to when you want to come to a planning meeting.

Please post thoughts and suggestions below.

Mike,

I would be happy to help you Saturday night. I could make it between 6-7. Let me know what you would like for me to do.

Thanks
Jerry

N40GL
08-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Mike,

Julie (my wife) and I will come up Thursday night. We can help Friday and will bring our Easy-Up. Do you know if there'll be room for her to set up a table (we wouldn't occupy more than the space under the Easy-Up), or just do it out of the trunk of the car?

Mark

P.S. I'll bring the mugs from MVII that are still available

Blue03
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Mike,

Julie (my wife) and I will come up Thursday night. We can help Friday and will bring our Easy-Up. Do you know if there'll be room for her to set up a table (we wouldn't occupy more than the space under the Easy-Up), or just do it out of the trunk of the car?

Mark

P.S. I'll bring the mugs from MVII that are still available

Any chance I can get one of mugs sent out here? Could you PM me with the instructions and costs? Thanks!!

MikesMerc
08-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Mike,

I would be happy to help you Saturday night. I could make it between 6-7. Let me know what you would like for me to do.

Thanks
Jerry

Thanks Jerry!

Just getting together and putting ideas on the table for things we might need to prepare for is the goal of getting together. That along with testing the parking layout I worked up.

So all you need to do is bring your thinking cap and your Marauder!

I'm thinking of meeting in the late afternoon for lunch (for those who can only make it earlier), then hitting Annette's lot after she closes for the day (I do not want to disrupt her business with our group).

Stay tuned for final details!

MikesMerc
08-12-2004, 04:50 AM
Mike,

Mark

Feel free to bring the easy up, but plan on working out of the trunk for now. Space will be very tight.

We'll be testing the layout Saturday, so I'll know more then. But, I suggest that you plan on very limited space with the possibility of having more room when we actually get everything set up on Friday.

MikesMerc
08-12-2004, 05:03 AM

MikesMerc
08-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Mike,

Thanks
Jerry

Jerry,

We are meeting at Duggan's at 6 pm. If you miss us there, we'll be at Annette's lot.

Meteorite
08-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Mike,

I cannot make it on Saturday (my son is racing), but I will be there the Thursday before the Cruise.

-Paul