PDA

View Full Version : back after a brief leave of absence

LightningVic
01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Hey guys, the marauder bumpers fell through unfortunately. crown vic eurethane bumpers were 463 dollars and the marauder bumpers were 1k and change which i thought was rediculous they arent gold plated or anything. Anyway, I got the PI honeycomb grill put on my car and I am going to stick the godshead emblem in there I think if I can find one, I ordered my mercury accessories catalog a while ago and have yet to see it so who knows on that one. I sliced the bottom of my airbox off and have the K&N Box filter in there and what a difference that made. My previous best at the track bone stock was 15.34, and I am taking the vic back tonight with my airbox mods, hoping for lower ETs. I also would like to run some torque thrust wheels 18 inches by whatever width to fit 315 series tires out back and 255s up front. Anybody know the backspacing/rim widths id need? Also got the PI front springs sitting in my garage, I am going to have them trimmed to lower the front about an inch, so that should help handling.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given me in the past, and thanks in advance for the help I know ill get.
Blake Stewart

LincMercLover
01-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Nice... Welcome back! Can't wait to see the Lightening motor actually IN the car! :D :burnout:

V10_P70
01-17-2003, 09:50 AM
You are going to have some fun with the fuel rails due to the higher deck height of the 5.4 block. Also, depending on what transmission you use will present another challenge. Also, will have issues with hood clearance. Just thougts.

LightningVic
01-17-2003, 10:08 AM
The fuel rails really wont be too much of an issue, I am going to be running the lightning fuel rails and injectors, and a minor amount of custom plumbing will be required. The hood clearance isnt an issue since I am just going to hack up my hood:D . Actually I want to put a shaker hood on it too, so the hood was going to get hacked up anyway. 40 percent of my warranty has been used up, so now I just have to play the waiting game. Lightning engine will bolt right up to my trans, I will have to get a marauder flywheel, and I am getting a precision industries torque converter so it really shouldnt be too much of an issue. Also I picked up the latest issue of MMand FF and they have lightnings in the 10s without laughing gas. I imagine I can beat that since I have 400 less lbs and better weight distribution.
Should be fun
Warranty is almost up WOOHOO

V10_P70
01-17-2003, 10:19 AM
When you add additional power to the vehicle by using the blown 5.4, you will overcome the stock CV transmission and rear end capabilities. The fuel rail issue is with the engine in the car and how it comes near the wiper motor assembly and brake booster. Your higher deck height will create additional challenges.

Then the EPA issues come in, the engine is certified for truck not a car. But with time and money anything can be over come.