PDA

View Full Version : These coated headers are gorgeous! Thanks people!!

FiveO
08-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Well I decided to get the Kooks headers coated.

Thanks to Logan and many others who talked me into this with visual help :)

I got them back today via UPS.

The work was done by www.headercoatings.com as a suggestion from another member in another thread.

I'm realllllly glad I waited and got them coated. Well worth the $240 which included shipping both ways. Just under $200 for the coating.

They're coated inside and out....and are absolutely beautiful.

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552930/4651240/63157656.jpg

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL283/1552930/4651240/63157690.jpg

And I will add that the people at www.headercoatings.com were great to deal with. Very personal service and I called yesterday to get my tracking number. I gave them my first name and the gal said..."Oh...you're the guy from Minnesota".....then I got my tracking number. Fast, professional and seemingly well worth it. We'll see how it holds up!

Thanks again for the suggestion of getting them coated! I know I won't regret it.

They're going in tomorrow...along with the full Kooks/Magnaflow set.

BillyGman
08-13-2004, 12:38 AM
OOOOOOOUUUHHHH.....they look nice!!!!! Wait til you hear how your care sounds w/that system!!!!!! Be sure to drive w/the windows rolled down for atleast a few minutes while you hit some half open throttle runs as well as WOT runs too. I garantee that you've never heard a car sound quite like how your car will sound, unless you've already heard another Marauder w/the Kooks exhaust package installed. ;)

Bradley G
08-13-2004, 03:53 AM
OOOOOOOUUUHHHH.....they look nice!!!!! Wait til you hear how your care sounds w/that system!!!!!! Be sure to drive w/the windows rolled down for atleast a few minutes while you hit some half open throttle runs as well as WOT runs too. I garantee that you've never heard a car sound quite like how your car will sound, unless you've already heard another Marauder w/the Kooks exhaust package installed. ;)I heard a few at MV_II they sound soooo SWeeT! When all is said & done what does this system cost ??

FiveO
08-13-2004, 05:13 AM
With the full system and having the headers coated....then the whole system installed its just over $2000.

The Torque Converter and this system are going in today. Leaving for the shop in an hour.

Its gonna be a fun day :)

rayjay
08-13-2004, 06:00 AM
Very nice indeed. Craftsmanship on the Kooks looks 1st rate in the pictures. Its the $2k part that scares me. :eek:

Logan
08-13-2004, 06:23 AM
Bah. Ya can't take it with ya... :)

BillyGman
08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
It's a completely bolt-on set-up, so I installed mine myself, as did "TooManyFords", and "FordNut". So it cost me $1,600 since I didn't have to pay any labor charges. I can tell you this, you won't find a better exhaust system for the 03, and 04 Marauder anywhere. You'll get the best possible performance, as well as the best sound that can possibly be had out of your Marauder from an exhaust modification, by going w/the Kooks complete package.

There's simply no other exhaust package that will give you more of an acceleration increase than the Kooks system will. Before my car was S/Ced, I obtained a .55 ET reduction from the installation of this exhaust alone. Not to mention the fact that my car sounds so great, that I'm constantly getting people pulling up along side me at a traffic light, and saying "That car sounds great!" or, "What the heck do you have under the hood of that thing? It sounds mean".....

Bradley G
08-13-2004, 12:07 PM
With the full system and having the headers coated....then the whole system installed its just over $2000.

The Torque Converter and this system are going in today. Leaving for the shop in an hour.

Its gonna be a fun day :)Wipe that grin off your face ;) Young Man!!

jgc61sr2002
08-13-2004, 12:21 PM

Logan - You are correct. They sure do look awesome. :up:

Slowpoke
08-13-2004, 01:32 PM
reading this thread...... I actually started to salivate.

TAF
08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Jerry Mobley is not only one of the NICEST guys you'd ever meet...but, his Ceramic Metalic Coating process and expertise is the best in the country, in my opinion. You couldn't have selected someone better to do it...:up:

Remember...he's the same guy/company that coated this fine jewelry...
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/83exhaust-med.jpg (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/4043/size/big/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/all)

rayjay
08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Logan, you are 100% correct on you can't take it with you. I just don't want to be going sooner than necessary. The ole' lady sees that bill and its :uzi:

Marauderman
08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Logan, you are 100% correct on you can't take it with you. I just don't want to be going sooner than necessary. The ole' lady sees that bill and its :uzi:
...thats why some of us do the bill handling on the blings,, and just say yeah , it was a bit expensive, but it's worth it!!...But in my case , I'm the bill handler..so it doesn't matter---shhhhhh!!!!..:lol:

martyo
08-13-2004, 08:16 PM
The work was done by www.headercoatings.com as a suggestion from another member in another thread.

Yep, like Todd and Five O have said, this is the place to have coating of any sort done.

And, I too have spoken with Jerry. He is a gentlemen and a magician. You will not find a better coater any where in the world.

FiveO
08-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Yep, like Todd and Five O have said, this is the place to have coating of any sort done.

And, I too have spoken with Jerry. He is a gentlemen and a magician. You will not find a better coater any where in the world.

Amen.

If I ever need headers coated again...this is where I'm going. They were great to deal with and answered all questions, and got my headers back to me well shipped, and of course well coated :D

martyo
08-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Amen.

If I ever need headers coated again...this is where I'm going. They were great to deal with and answered all questions, and got my headers back to me well shipped, and of course well coated :D

I will be sending him more work too! He will be doing the coating on the intake side of my beast too. Just wait 'til you see what he turns out on that!

FiveO
08-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Intake....Hmmm....could get interesting :D

Can't wait!

martyo
08-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Intake....Hmmm....could get interesting :D

Can't wait!

Trust me, when Todd is on the job it does.

Stay tuned.....

FiveO
08-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Wipe that grin off your face ;) Young Man!!
Just wait til Sept. 6th....permagrin....or the new name....trilogygrin :D

Sorry...can't hold my excitement in!

marauderbug
08-13-2004, 09:16 PM

What MartyO said ^^^ :bows:

Brother Mike
08-14-2004, 09:58 PM
I am not trying to take any with me.....just wanna have some till I leave