PDA

View Full Version : Today Was The Day !!!

warren
08-03-2002, 01:48 AM
I got it ,,, I got it... I got it !!!

At 7:00pm 8/2 here in Concord CA. I picked up my 03MM... It is fantastic, smells sooo good, much better then the 98 Q45 I' m turning in. It can corner on a dime and boy do the folks look hard to see what it is.
I put 11 miles on it and cruzzzzed Main St in downtown Walnut Creek CA. A dream car to drive with positive up shifts at WOT. Where you have complete control & feel like the master of the road. Tomorrow we will do more testing. So far as Logan says, yep it needs 410 rear end & chip. I want to give my BMW friends a run for their money. The sound is perfect, perfect, perfect - just the right amount to turn a head or two and what a trunk, now I have a place to put every thing I can think of. Asked dealer if he would still cover warrenty if I just put in 410's and he said he was not sure ???
Ordered 2W7Z544210AAB spoiler( it's the one that shows in the new photos & brochure at the Ford.Mercury,Marauder.com site but not available yet ( don' t understand why not--and they have no info. on option parts, pics. or accessories)??? Must get McGard wheel locks tomorrow - boy do those wheels stand out.....
This car has great balance and just asks to be driven..Makes me feel 10' Tall... I really want to organize a Marauder group out here in the San Francisco Area - I hope Ford will help out with car shows and car parties at my dealer..
Only one thing wrong, the over drive button does not work - it stays out of over-drive no matter what ????????
I am sooooo happy I think I will sleep in it tonight. Ha, Ha

Warren B.

Logan
08-03-2002, 06:48 AM
Congrats warren. On the gears, your dealership shouldn't have a problem with them. My dealer encouraged the gear change and did it for me. Historically gear changes have no affect on your warranty other than to void the ring and pinion.

JamesHecker
08-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Well...somebody is certainly happy to get their new car! Congrats warren and welcome to a happy group of car owners. My wife was so shocked when I got mine that I almost HAD to sleep in it the first night.

I'm also hoping to organize a group of Marauder owners in my area, but so far I am the only one!

My dealer called me the day before yesterday when they got their second one. I ran down there to check it out. Mine is nicer with fewer blemishes. Or is that just parental pride?

Fourth Horseman
08-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Congrats, Warren! :D

warren
08-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Now I have 70 miles on it...overdrive does work on and off, has mind of its own. Also bumpber panel on drivers side rear very loose as is the dash that holds oil, volt guages. Fit and Finish could be better. Found wheel locks at Ford dealer. Will order rubber Mercury mats to cover carpet and keep it nice. To bad the Mercury wave is on front, should be plain (I could order blk. grill from Crwn Vic. When I get the kinks out - 410's, X pipe, chip - Ordered Marauder golf shirt, lite summer jacket, 2 baseball caps ( one goes to dealer owner as he has none) and
2 coffee mugs. Radio could have deeper bass - I'll have to see what could be done.
This car is a super sled and I am enjoying every minute in it. I would love to take for a long ride to Lake Tahoe, CA. Great trip.

Warren B.

ntrcptr99
08-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Warren,
Congrats on purschase. I dont want to bust your bubble but if you were looking at fitting the honeycomb grille to your Marauder it will not work as the grilles are sized differetly. I have tried to match a spare grille of mine to a Marauder and the Merc grille is slightly larger.

Ben
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I would love to sell mine to some one just like warren.Used to love her but I want to sell her, Production #1,663 of 3,213, color sequence is 544 of 981. One 1,999 without moon roof, Toredor red color.:help:

Bluerauder
08-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I would love to sell mine to some one just like warren.Used to love her but I want to sell her, Production #1,663 of 3,213, color sequence is 544 of 981. One 1,999 without moon roof, Toredor red color.:help:
Ben gets the :trophy: trophy :trophy: for the oldest resurrected thread to date .... 6 years, 8 days, and 42 minutes. A new MM.Net record. :up:

Blackened300a
08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Congrats Ben!!! and congrats Warren on your Marauder.:D

Vortex
08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Concord eh? Long ago I worked on tugboats pushing barges full of bombs there in the reserves.

Vortech347
08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I can't wait to get that feeling in 2 weeks.

congrats man!

whd507
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm about 16 months into that feeling...

teamrope
08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm almost 5 years into that feeling. :D

Black bart
08-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

I know exactly how you feel and it only grows stronger.

Wait to you load a tune and some other HP gain mods! The Marauder really wakes up and moves out.

Last Saturday my son and I cruzed Santa Cruz, Capitola down to Monterey while listening to 50 & 60 tunes of yester year, great time, great driving experience!

Occasionally I conduct business at LRL so maybe we can meet some time?

Later

fred

Eric-Blk2004
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Does warren still have the car? I like old threads.....maybe?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard!

I know exactly how you feel and it only grows stronger.

Wait to you load a tune and some other HP gain mods! The Marauder really wakes up and moves out.

Last Saturday my son and I cruzed Santa Cruz, Capitola down to Monterey while listening to 50 & 60 tunes of yester year, great time, great driving experience!

Occasionally I conduct business at LRL so maybe we can meet some time?

Sooo..... are people still clueless that they are responding to a 2002 thread?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Here is a thread from him on 7-25-08. He says "85 k miles on the MM' so it sounds like he still has it

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45736

Ben
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Ben gets the :trophy: trophy :trophy: for the oldest resurrected thread to date .... 6 years, 8 days, and 42 minutes. A new MM.Net record. :up:
I just wanted to say Thanks for the Trophy! I have never won anything until now...when are you sending it? Took my Marauder to many car shows and never won a trophy, that's why it's for sale.:)

Ben
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/grizzly-ba3r/cgjcgfhm.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/grizzly-ba3r/gjchvjgv.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/grizzly-ba3r/xgjnff.jpg

So Fresh and So Clean :D