PDA

View Full Version : Who do you let touch your baby?

Captain Steve
08-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok folks, give it up.. when it's time to mod, or when it's time to change your oil.. which wrenches do you trust your girl to?

My guy is my brother in law, Ed Forgione at York Ford. Cell is 617-509-9615.

The word from him is that the dealership is decidedly NOT MOD FRIENDLY. Still, good place for an oil change or warranty work on an un-modded car.

The management isn't mod friendly, but when I went in for my first oil change, there were a fair number of people there that had *gasp* heard of a MM. Funny thing was that they had to put me down as a Mercury Mountanier on the paperwork, because the Marauder model name wasn't in their computer yet.. mine was the first ever there.

It's a pretty nice feeling when you come out from the cashier at the dealership, and have to wade through a crowd of mechanics to get to your car.:coolman:

FiveO
08-14-2004, 08:19 PM
The 26 year old self taught mechanic that installed my PI TC and full Kooks system yesterday has free reign on my car :)

He's putting in the Metco control arms and watts link next week.

I got to watch the install...and I wouldn't trust too many other people with my car.

Constable
08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
John Herold Jr. (formerly of Irwin Lincoln Mercury). He is a mid 20's Ford tech that has almost every SVT cert possible. He owns a black Lightning and keeps it immaculate. I trust him to not only work on my car, but to keep it clean as well. He can now be found working at JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ.

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2004, 09:30 PM
The only person I even consider letting touch the Marauder is Lidio and his crew at Alternative Auto. I thank the big guy upstairs for letting Lid get this involved with the Marauder! Folks drive thousands of miles for tunes and upgrades, I live 5 miles....He is simply the best around, perhaps anywhere for working on these 4.6 motors and the Marauders in general. If you can...let him work on yours.

ALF
08-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Well I'm on the road a lot...anyone? What can you do when you need and oil change?

Bigdogjim
08-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Now the Ford Dealer that repainted it:):):) Haldeman Ford in Mercerville, NJ (SVT)

Number 1 on my list to stay from is the Mercury Dealer I bought it from:mad:

martyo
08-15-2004, 04:42 AM
Team Ford in Marietta, Georgia. It is one heck of a commute for me, but how may folks can put together an engine like this?

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/83IMG_1366-med.JPG

Tallboy
08-15-2004, 03:06 PM
in my neck of the woods, carfixer is the only guy i'll let put a wrench to my car for any reason. it's a 70 mile drive one-way. but it's worth it.

FiveO
08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I forgot....

Lidio will be working on my MM putting in a Trilogy kit on Sept. 6th, 7th and 8th.

That makes two people that can touch my baby.

jstevens
08-15-2004, 04:20 PM
For mods, it will be only Lidio, as I don't want any suprises.
Oil changes are reserved for the dealership only because its still under warranty and I want good documentation.

Logan
08-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Pre-emptive strike.