PDA

View Full Version : Norwalk Raceway Fun

FastMerc
08-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Any Marauder owners,Some of the Buckey Marauders and others are renting the track for a day for 35 dollars you can come and run as much as you want the limit is 60 cars 10 spots left as of today,I would need payment by this Friday.Date of the event is Sept 8 04. 1st come 1st serve Contact me if interested. :rock: :banana2:

MI2QWK4U
08-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Any Marauder owners,Some of the Buckey Marauders and others are renting the track for a day for 35 dollars you can come and run as much as you want the limit is 60 cars 10 spots left as of today,I would need payment by this Friday.Date of the event is Sept 8 04. 1st come 1st serve Contact me if interested. :rock: :banana2:

Can you PM me a contact number so I can give you a call...Several of the Motor City Crew have been knocking around a return to Norwalk this fall... I know for a fact I am in, Lidio, Jerry, Mike Z, and others may jump on too. What time are we talking about for the day?
Dave

MarauderMike
08-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Depends on the time things get started, that is a Wednesday and a two hour drive to get there. Need info on what time.

CRUZTAKER
08-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I knew you guys in the MOTORCITY would bite on this one!!!:D

I told FastMerc to post this....

It's Wednesday September 8th, 10am to 3pm. I already called in sick...:P

Matt Pearce (MPearce) and Heather (Sixappeal), and myself are in. We'll be there.

Prime opportunity to try the new SLICKS that I have on loan from Sergent Mac for testing on the fastest N/A Marauder to date! ;)

FastMerc
08-15-2004, 12:22 PM
OK guys I should know who is in by this evening hope your pc,s are on

mpearce
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Well...Norwalk all to ourselves huh? What a gift this is!! I can't wait to get together with everyone again. Leaving Marauderville early left a bit of an empty feeling...but only when I saw the pictures of everyone driving on the Brickyard! I'm really excited about this because it will be my first time making "non-stock" passes! I know Heather has some tricks up her sleeve for the TType...maybe a sub 11.88 pass is a possibility? We'll find out! Talk to you all soon.

-Mat

FastMerc
08-16-2004, 04:43 PM
OK guys I should know who is in by this evening hope your pc,s are on OK guys the party is getting full I need to know a total of who is going to Norwalk :director:

BlackHole
08-16-2004, 07:20 PM
If I had the Lightning back I might but getting the plugs changed due to backfiring. :shake: :shake: But later in the year I'll try and see what my new toy does on the MM

Ken
08-17-2004, 07:20 AM
Hopefully, my KOOK'S will be in, and on the car. :burnout:
Sounds like a good time.

Ken

mpearce
08-27-2004, 06:37 PM
This event is right around the corner. Do we know who's all going? Are we bringing food, etc? From what I remember we're meeting at fastMerc's place and then going in from there? What time? Do we have any directions yet? Send me a PM if anyone has more info! Talk to you all soon.

-Mat

MI2QWK4U
08-27-2004, 07:51 PM
This event is right around the corner. Do we know who's all going? Are we bringing food, etc? From what I remember we're meeting at fastMerc's place and then going in from there? What time? Do we have any directions yet? Send me a PM if anyone has more info! Talk to you all soon.

-Mat

Any spots left?

mpearce
08-28-2004, 05:21 AM
Dave,

I'm not exactly sure. I'll have to do some research, and get back to you asap.

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
09-07-2004, 04:55 AM
Well folks....it's looking like we're in for a rainout.:cheesed: :banghead:

Maybe next time.:sunshine: As far as Matt and Heather, we need to hookup anyway, and I am dying to try those Mickey Thompsons at a track somewhere. Perhaps Dragway42 on friday or the following tuesday night.

mpearce
09-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Barry,

I woudln't count it out yet! Tomorrow moring will tell the true tale. The NWS says that I-71 is going to be the major dividing line as to where all the rain is going to fall from this storm. Points east of I-71 will get a significant amount of rain as opposed to points west of I-71. Norwalk is about 60 miles west of Cleveland, and I think probably just far enough away to only get a few showers, if that (wishfully thinking of course!). If you look at the forecast for Toledo, they're expected to be dry, when places like Crawford Co PA are forecast to get over 9 inches of rain. I certianly hope the rain holds off for this event. I'm extremely excited to race my car.

-Mat

Ken
09-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I agree with Matt, wait till tomorrow till we get there. It has been a dreary, sometimes misty day(about 30 miles northeast of Norwalk). But 10 miles east of me, it's raining. Think positive Barry! :drive: (Barry and his Mickey Thompsons)
:depress: (me still waiting for my KOOK's exhaust)
Ken

spub
09-07-2004, 01:44 PM
I agree with Matt, wait till tomorrow till we get there. It has been a dreary, sometimes misty day(about 30 miles northeast of Norwalk). But 10 miles east of me, it's raining. Think positive Barry! :drive: (Barry and his Mickey Thompsons)
:depress: (me still waiting for my KOOK's exhaust)
Ken
I am sooooo hoping it stays dry. This would be my first chance to meet and talk with local people about their cars and what they have done to them. I haven't even SEEN a Silver or Blue (or another DTR) on the road. I won't be able to get out there until around 4:00, as I'm waiting for my brother to get off work and come out with me.

Ah well,,,here's hoping!

mpearce
09-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Guys,

Im trying to stay positive about this whole thing, but only time will tell. I'm going to make my decision, go/no-go tomorrow morning. Here's the kicker...there is so much dry cool air to the west of Norwalk, say about 40-50 miles or so. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be able to push it's way into the area in time to save us. We will see though. I still remain hopeful as I am extremely excited to run the hell out of my car.

-Mat

mpearce
09-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Barry,

I'm in for Dragway 42 next tuesday, I think it's the 14th. Hope it's not raining!!:hide:

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
10-08-2004, 06:52 PM
It's on folks!!!!

The rain day reshedule looks like a go. Good dry overcast, 60 degree day at one of the best tracks in the area.

Monday October 11, 2004

mpearce
10-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Ok...so what are the plans? Are we meeting up at FastMercs house before we head to Norwalk?? Or are we just going to meet up at the gates?? Someone PM me the details if they know! Also...I'll be brining chairs, and a cooler with food and drinks. This depends on where in the track they let us in... but I suggest a place a little farther away from the stands in the grass to park. On the east side of the track, the closer you get to the stands, the grass turns into gravel. Not too friendly for folks changing tires, and putting up chairs and tents etc. See everyone there!

-Mat

MI2QWK4U
10-10-2004, 06:17 AM
What is the weather looking like for tomorrow? if its anything like detroits forcast, 55 and sunny, we will be styling.

mpearce
10-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Dave,

The weather is looking pretty darn good! Can't wait to see you all there!

Try this weather link... http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/OHZ019.php

Hope you bring both cars, and a lot of Marauders!

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
10-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Matt and I are meeting at the corner of RT. 82 and RT. 57 at the speedway around 8 a.m. and rolling down to Marks place in Grafton. We will then run RT. 20 out to the track and be there a little early to cool down.

I got a full tank of 100 and the car is ready to rock...:rock:

MI2QWK4U
10-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Dont think i will be able to make it tomorrow, trying to sort out an unexpected real estate problem.

SergntMac
10-10-2004, 05:30 PM
I got a full tank of 100 and the car is ready to rock.
Run your best, my friend. Wish I could join you.

CRUZTAKER
10-11-2004, 06:12 PM
OMG!!! :baa:

For those who wanted to come and couldn't get free....should'a played hookie!

We, all 25 or so of us 'show ups' had the entire facility to ourselves. So much that we even had to run the lights and the timeslip printer ourselves. What a feeling to have such a fine track to roam and utilize at our discretion.

I made atleast 10 runs over 5 hours...pushed the start button a few times, and passed out hundreds of timeslips. Those who thought Indy was great, imagine no staff to be found, just motorheads.Imagine ME...hollerin' "roll your window up" to some guy in a Camaro?:rolleyes:

I am proud to say I achieved a tad better average for the day, but the 12 second club seems far out of reach yet. The weather and track couldn't have been better. Maybe the waterpump will help.....next year....next year...:help:

13.377 @ 101.08 link (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/image.php?u=627&type=timeslip&dateline=1097541297)

merc
10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Barry, great times. :)

mpearce
10-11-2004, 06:38 PM
The weather and track couldn't have been better.
Barry, I couldn't agree with you more. What a fantastic track Norwalk is. Every time I go it's personal best after personal best!! In fact...all Marauderheads had personal bests! I had a blast flipping the lights and sorting all the timeslips! What a day off!

14.234 @ 97.17

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
10-13-2004, 11:16 AM
These warmups were with the Mickey Thompsons.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627Norwalk3_10-11-04-med.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627Norwalk2_10-11-04-med.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627Norwalk1_10-11-04-med.jpg

FastMerc
10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
I believe we all did our best,How about this a fully stock Marauder I ran a :banana2: 15.07 E.T. :banana2: Hey Barry next time they may block rt18 from your smoke.Pics in gallery.

BlackHole
10-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Sorry I missed it all. :( But between making money and losing I'll take making.

1 question whos in for Dragway 42 Next Friday. :beer: :beer: I'll diff. be there with a suprise. :D :D :D

mpearce
12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
I finally got around to posting my pics of Norwalk from back in October.

This is my car staged up. :beatnik:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2114Staged.JPG

Me and FastMerc - (Mark) :cool:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2114MatMark.JPG

The Buckeye crew at subway (Not pictured) ;)
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2114TheBuckeyes.JPG

The Buckeye Boys :)
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2114BarryMat.JPG

FastMerc / CRUZTAKER / Ken (Before grill incident) :D
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2114MarkBarryKen.JPG

Hope you all enjoy.

-Mat

CRUZTAKER
12-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Better late than never man!

Could have been worse. You could have waited till 8-14-2005.:P

Email the originals to me man, I'll add them to the disk.

FastMerc
12-14-2004, 07:08 PM
:D Cool man more adventures in the future:banana: