PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Run

RVT04
08-15-2004, 06:13 PM
we were trailing Todd and John thru illinois and lost Maury and Dan and Coli a few hours out of indy, just out of st.louis i glanced in the rear view and radioed linda that she had company.
no sooner than she acknowledged and logan and russ blasted by ; we were running about 85 and i told linda to hook up and stay tight cuz we were four for Texas!
I just got one thing to say about that white knuckle rocket ride---YEEHAW!!!
we got close and ran thru missouri and oklahoma like crap thru a goose
no troopers and no trouble; stopped in tulsa for gas and a burger and we had not even got the gas pumped and a sherriff pulled in and parked by the gas station exit and just gave us the hairy eyeball , Logan mentioned something about an appetizer so we sidestepped over to mickey D,s for a bite and some stall time; the gestapo got tired of waiting i guess and moved on out . we left under a full head of steam and never looked back.
lol at 124mph you only look forward, whats behind don't matter
we were running hard thru ok city and being sunday nite there was little interference. he big kick was along the way some silly people tried to hang with us but no matter what they were pushing it only took a few miles for them to realize the MERCURY MARAUDER is a far superior automobile!!!
To validate what Logan posted we rolled into our driveway in Hurst @ 12:05 am monday morning.We pulled out of the shell gas station in indy @ 11:00 am
905 miles in 13 hours with three gas stops and a couple of pits earlier to scratch our noggins as to where the heck cruzer went
LOL
plus about 30 minutes for a burger and Linda and I avg24.3 mpg for the whole trip
to repeat what Linda radioed to Logan as they peeled off on 35e while we continued on south on 35w "THANKS FOR THE PIGGYBACK LOGAN"
MAN WHAT A RIDE

Rollin'Thunder
08-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Hey Steve! What took you so long?!?!? :bows: :neener:

MARAUDER S/C #5
08-16-2004, 04:11 AM
Are you sure Logan was involved. :confused: I don't believe our moderator would behave this way on a public road and then let someone post about it. :censor: :banned:

:baaa: :lol: :fishslap: :P

RVT04
08-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Are you sure Logan was involved. :confused: I don't believe our moderator would behave this way on a public road and then let someone post about it. :censor: :banned:

:baaa: :lol: :fishslap: :P
well that may be so; after all, the psycologists do put forth the idea that perception is reality to the individual, so i say my reality was avg speed 82.56 mph for 905 miles including 1 burger and three gas stops + several which way did he go thingies!
i could have said something like give me warp7 scotty, but i prefer the tng "MAKE IT SO NUMBER ONE", that being our beloved moderator!

Logan
08-17-2004, 03:30 PM
What are you talkin' about? I never exceeded the posted limit the entire way back to Dallas. Speeding is illegal. I don't break the law.

Marauderman
08-17-2004, 03:33 PM
What are you talkin' about? I never exceeded the posted limit the entire way back to Dallas. Speeding is illegal. I don't break the law.
Somehow I feel there was some "snickering" going on in your room as you typed this reply---I would have loved to have been there with you all.....even "on -the-run".........Tom...

Logan
08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
I never snicker. I throw my head back and laugh menacingly...

RVT04
08-17-2004, 03:47 PM
i didn't see no stinkin posts

Racerx88
08-17-2004, 04:03 PM
He's telling the truth. I've actually seen him do just that. It's scary. :awe:

MarauderMark
08-17-2004, 04:03 PM

Cool at least now i know 1 s/ced mm i can beat :baaa:

Marauderman
08-17-2004, 04:15 PM
...like I was saying---- a man who is fully in charge.....all over.....(after all-- he can laugh this way--he has that BIG button over us all).......I just want to run with you all some day-----.........Tom

RVT04
08-17-2004, 05:16 PM
...like I was saying---- a man who is fully in charge.....all over.....(after all-- he can laugh this way--he has that BIG button over us all).......I just want to run with you all some day-----.........Tom
This is Linda, I was there too. I had never ran "my marauder" like that before.! That is the truth :woohoo: :woohoo: I thought my car was great before, but the more i pushed it, ( within the speed limit of course :lol:
the more i appreciated my marauder .What a fine car!!!
Can't wait until we can do it again. I know the next time will be even greater, cause this time was my first and the cars first at such high power!!
Oh did i tell you, i beat my husband and his marauder 3 TIMES on the track? :lol:
That was before any DENNIS MAGIC :beatnik:
Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. did i tell you Dennis Reinharts' new name? "THE GRIN DOCTOR"

cyclone03
08-17-2004, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=RVT04]This is Linda, I was there too.
Oh did i tell you, i beat my husband and his marauder 3 TIMES on the track? :lol:

You beat Stephen 3 times,the same day?
At Indy? July 30,2004?

I didn't know anything about that. :rofl: