PDA

View Full Version : direct replacement headers?

cutt
08-16-2004, 01:03 PM
anyone know where to get some direct replacment shorty headers that will bolt right up to the cats?

SouLRioT
08-16-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm sure others will jump in and help out, but the only OEM style direct replacement would be the cobra manifolds from Dennis. But this alone, to my knowalge, will not do the job, but you will need to have hi-flow cats and new mufflers as well.

RF Overlord
08-16-2004, 01:29 PM
^^^what SouLRioT said^^^

The Cobra manifolds will not bolt to the stock exhaust system. You'll need the new X-pipe / high-flow cat system, or have a GOOD muffler shop do some fabricating. Also, replacing just the manifolds alone is not going to buy you much in terms of performance...

cutt
08-16-2004, 03:12 PM
^^^what SouLRioT said^^^

The Cobra manifolds will not bolt to the stock exhaust system. You'll need the new X-pipe / high-flow cat system, or have a GOOD muffler shop do some fabricating. Also, replacing just the manifolds alone is not going to buy you much in terms of performance...
i have a set of cobra manifolds but it seems to be a lot of work just to put more manifolds on the car

RF Overlord
08-16-2004, 03:35 PM
If you think the Cobra manifolds are a lot of work, try installing a set of headers...

FiveO
08-16-2004, 03:37 PM
If you think the Cobra manifolds are a lot of work, try installing a set of headers...

Got that right.

They are tough....but hopefully I won't have to deal with this ever again.