PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Organizer

Aeroman
01-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Can anyone give me the Part number for the Trunk Organizer for the MM03? My dealer tells me there are 3 available and they don't know which one to order.

Marauderman
01-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Am a little confused--your signature says you have an organizer--whats up?

Marauderman
01-17-2003, 07:24 PM
IN any event--the one NOT TO ORDER IS THIS ONE-

"f8mz-54115a00-aaa" My L/M dealer ordered that one for me and it was for a standard GM .....he said he made a mistake....Had already paid him $157 w/tax and he came back and said the" REAL ONE for the MM would be $235"

Said--thats :bs: and to give me my money back--"not mad at you part guys" but can do w/o for that---especially since it cost only 200 msrp w/car and salesman said if I had pushed him he'd probably thrown it in on the deal two month back----how do you spell M A D :po: he ran out and found a new one from the last MM on the lot and now with correct on for price of other .....they really don't know what their doing at those dealerships ...hell I don't think they even still know they sell MMs--The MM isn't even in their service computer yet!! just list GM still.....unbelievable.....but I'm happy with my correct organizer now!!!
:rock: :D

Aeroman
01-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the part number not to order. The number you refered to happens to be the same part number that the dealership was ordering for me. I called M/M Customer service and they didn't even know the correct number. Do you happen to have the right part number? I listed the Trunk organizer in my signature cause the dealer said he had one and I was going to pick it up. Surprise, did not have one in stock then all the questions about which one to order came up. ANY help anyone can give me regarding the RIGHT number for the Marauder Trunk Organizer would be greatly appreciated. I have the dealer talked into waiting till Monday to order the part hoping someone on the forum can help me.

RCSignals
01-17-2003, 11:45 PM
the part number is in the list of part numbers posted in this forum near the top

Aeroman
01-17-2003, 11:56 PM
There are 4 part numbers listed for the trunk organizer. Which one did you order? Do you know the difference between the "Painted Black" and the other one listed? Sorry for the ? If I give the dealer the wrong part number I can almost visualize where that will take me.

RCSignals
01-18-2003, 01:05 AM
Well, actually only three. The "painted black" is for a rear spoiler

Trunk Organiser 2W7Z-54115A00-AA is with carpeted lids and what the Marauder gets

more trunk organisers: Both for Police package, and have clear lid
the one starting with 2 is the latest version, and same price as the carpeted lid version The second is a little cheaper for some reason
2W7Z-54115A00-BA (police) organiser 2 piece clear solid lid
1W7Z-54115A00-AA (police)

Aeroman
01-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the help RCSignals. I appreciate getting the right number

metroplex
01-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Just curious, what kind of trunk organizer can I get for a 98-00 Vic?

RCSignals
01-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Charlie. Any one you want really, Depends if you want the carpeted lids or clear plastic lid

Captdavid
01-24-2003, 07:25 PM
I got the 2 clear plastic lids and I love it. On several ocassions I have just lifted the whole thing out and put it in the back seat so I could get a dish washer in the trunk. I was easy.

RCSignals
01-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Captdavid
I got the 2 clear plastic lids and I love it. On several ocassions I have just lifted the whole thing out and put it in the back seat so I could get a dish washer in the trunk. I was easy.

That would be one of the Police option ones. Do you remember which of the two part numbers it is?

Also, if you get a chance, could you post a picture of it? I, and probably most everyone else haven't seen the clear lid one. Thanks

Captdavid
01-25-2003, 07:24 AM
RC-

Sorry on both counts. I can't send you a picture and I don't have the part numbers.

What I have seen was a black plactic bin with some divider slots running vertically. The bin fits into the trunk and is level with the sides and front and back. With the bin comes 3 or 4 dividers to make fit in the slots and make smaller bins. The two types of tops I have seen are about 60% one side and 40% the other side. As I remeber the 60% carpeted side will fold in half and the other carpeted side is one piece.

Both of the clear plactic pieces do not fold, they are about 3/8 thick with elongated holes cut in them so you can pull them out. Mine are a bear to get in and you have to kind of bend them up and put the corners in first and then push down the edges.

I really like being able to see in without lifting the top. I think that in time they will scratch so you may want the carpeted kind. I'll live with the scratches.

PS - Both bins have a junky rubbery insert that is die cut and will lay in the bottom of the bin to prevent the sliding of articles.

joflewbyu2
01-25-2003, 04:22 PM
my carpeted one has 2 lids - both the same, each folding in half. my only complaint was that the bottom corners of the tray were extremely thin - easily bendable unlike the thich sides. anyone else's bottom corners thin?

RCSignals
01-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Captdavid, does yours not have the moveable dividers then?

Captdavid
01-26-2003, 06:51 AM
Yes, I have three verticle dividers.

RCSignals
01-26-2003, 03:20 PM
OK It sounds like the only difference between your trunk organiser and the carpeted one is the lids themsleves