PDA

View Full Version : October Cougar/Marauder picnic

cruzer
08-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, I did it---we now hold reservations for the Jackson Pavilion at Lake Grapevine for October 23rd--the 4th Saturday in October :party: . It is a covered pavilion with a capacity of over 100 people and parking for 16 "show cars" right next to the pavilion and over 40 more spaces less than 50 feet away. We will have complete control over access to the area. We have it from 9 AM til 9 PM---plan on leaving the area about 5:30-6 PM and go in caravan to the Chuck's show in Grapevine---with reserved parking there. I will publish the contract so everyone will understabd the rules--one that is not on the list is NO BURN-OUTS !!! you do and I have to pay . It is a Corps of Engineers park and the Park Manager will probably join us--in his 400 hp 6.0 l Mercedes :lol: .
Now it is up to us to arrange for food and drink for about 50 people or so. Soooo, let's get to work and show our parent club how much we appreciate all they have done for us. I'll be in Calif this week-end and it looks like we might have to hold a meeting at Chucks again this month. I'll reserve the room before I leave. We have a lot of work to do and only 2 months to do it--you'll be hearing from me as I get more info. My scanner is down, will post rules tomorrow nite. The area is full of trees and a steep path down to the water--we are up high overlooking the lake--great place for a picnic. :beer: Maury

2003 MIB
08-18-2004, 08:11 AM
we might have to hold a meeting at Chucks again this month.
That's a great idea, Maury!!!- You've done some good stuff here- THANKS!

Racerx88
08-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Maury - your first name is "Jewell" ??? :hijack:

cruzer
08-18-2004, 02:51 PM
:cry:
Maury - your first name is "Jewell" ??? :hijack:
Yes, my real name is Jewell--I was named by my Grandmother who wanted a girl :loco: ---thank God, she had a crush on Maurice Chevalier--hence my middle name and nickname. Actually, I got my nickname frome Maury Rose--race driver, after I rolled a brand new 1948 Pontiac Chieftan in the company parking lot :dunno: Now, you know the rest of the story :lol:

rumble
08-18-2004, 06:03 PM
:cry:
after I rolled a brand new 1948 Pontiac Chieftan in the company parking lot :dunno: Now, you know the rest of the story :lol:

Flying 727s and P51's, rolling '48 Chieftains in parking lots, stealing a Marauder at Marauderville I.

Is their no end to your many talents?

You are definitely DA MAN!

You epitomize the old saying "It ain't bragging if you done it"

Racerx88
08-19-2004, 07:12 AM
............"It ain't bragging if you done it"

:drive: :shake:

cruzer
08-19-2004, 07:33 PM
:drive: :shake:
:hijack:Let's get back on subject---not much time to plan, Maury

jfclancy
08-23-2004, 09:44 AM
:hijack:Let's get back on subject---not much time to plan, Maury

Well I messed up read the newer poast befroe having the facts please disregard post in meeting thread.
Hey let's make it easy if You do NOT show up for meeting that means you volunteer to cook for the picnic?

Joe :party: :party: :loco: :sing: :bricks:

cruzer
09-19-2004, 08:41 PM
In less than 5 weeks, this picnic is taking place. We have a LOT of serious decisions to make NOW. I will get as much info as I can from the Cougar group at the Fair on Friday--PLEASE make an effort to make the Chucks meeting on Saturday so we can find out what it is going to cost each of us, who's supplying the food, cost of food --catered or not--liquid refreshments, etc etc etc. Johnman is getting info on catered Mexican food, I'm checking catered BBQ---anybody else with connections, get all the info we will need by Saturday--I would hate to have to post a cancellation notice, but I will unless we get this matter under control on Saturday. If you can't be there contact me by pm or 817-296-3819. This was conceived as a bonding meeting to let the LSCC and NTM folks get to know each other--don't miss this opportunity :hug2: Maury