PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a ProCharger?

FordNut
08-18-2004, 02:55 PM
Just wondering if any of the members got a ProCharger setup? I know the vendor who offered it is no longer with us, but did anybody get one of their systems back in the day? Any reports on it?

One that would be particularly interesting was the F1R in this thread:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6249

But a more reasonable system may be this one:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6112

Logan, hope this isn't breaking any rules, just seeking information. If it's a problem just delete the thread. I can figure out the answer if the thread disappears.

woaface
08-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I've been here a while now and I've never seen the first thread. I'm always learnin'.

SergntMac
08-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Before anyone gets their undies in a bunch, here's a few updates since that November 2003 thread...

Yes...That MM had all that power, but on a modified Cobra block, not our stock MM stuff. That's a 7 grand engine you're looking at.

Brad Bockstanz, the wrench behind this 700+ HP ProCharger powered MM, is alive and well, and working for Dyno Dave. Brad is quite the ingenious and talented MM wrench, and looking for more MM projects, just in case any of you want to get wild and nasty. Think "pro-street." Brad is a member in good standing here.

The MM.Net vendor, Pande's Automotive, who supported that project MM has moved on to new territory. So has the owner of the donor car.

That special MM moved on too, to the salvage yard. When the owner came to retrieve his finished product, the car was removed from the vendor's shop to the driveway. After the handshaking and backslapping died down, the owner tried to drive the car back into the shop, without the benefit of an overhead garage door. This MM never saw the street, other than towing to-from the dyno.

Summary: Car totaled, shop severly damaged, Class AAA MM wrench working elsewhere, but ready for new projects, and vendor's mail returned to sender.

But, the legacy of a very real 700+ HP MM lives on...

martyo
08-18-2004, 07:45 PM
When the owner came to retrieve his finished product, the car was removed from the vendor's shop to the driveway. After the handshaking and backslapping died down, the owner tried to drive the car back into the shop, without the benefit of an overhead garage door. This MM never saw the street, other than towing to-from the dyno.

This begs the question: Why?

FordNut
08-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Before anyone gets their undies in a bunch, here's a few updates since that November 2003 thread...

Yes...That MM had all that power, but on a modified Cobra block, not our stock MM stuff. That's a 7 grand engine you're looking at.

Brad Bockstanz, the wrench behind this 700+ HP ProCharger powered MM, is alive and well, and working for Dyno Dave. Brad is quite the ingenious and talented MM wrench, and looking for more MM projects, just in case any of you want to get wild and nasty. Think "pro-street." Brad is a member in good standing here.

The MM.Net vendor, Pande's Automotive, who supported that project MM has moved on to new territory. So has the owner of the donor car.

That special MM moved on too, to the salvage yard. When the owner came to retrieve his finished product, the car was removed from the vendor's shop to the driveway. After the handshaking and backslapping died down, the owner tried to drive the car back into the shop, without the benefit of an overhead garage door. This MM never saw the street, other than towing to-from the dyno.

Summary: Car totaled, shop severly damaged, Class AAA MM wrench working elsewhere, but ready for new projects, and vendor's mail returned to sender.

But, the legacy of a very real 700+ HP MM lives on...

Thanks for the update. That explains why I don't get any replies to my emails.

woaface
08-18-2004, 07:57 PM
What happened to Pande's? I'd love to hear that story too...

Constable
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
One of their ProCharger kits made it onto a MM in the Philadelphia area. I saw it at JDM Engineering about 3-4 months ago. Jim tuned it to about 430 rwhp and stated that 430 was JUST about the reliable limit for the stock short block (sounds familiar, huh???). This car is alive & well in Philly.