PDA

View Full Version : Autofair @ Lowe's Motor Speedway

frdwrnch
08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Saturday September 18, 2004 8:00 am 'til 4:00 pm. The Southern Performance Ford Club has invited local Marauder owners to join their show. Cost is $15, gets you and another into the show. PM me if you are interested and I will send you a registration form.

dok
08-19-2004, 12:58 PM
I received my registration form in the mail and mailed it in (along with the money) on August 7. I should be good to go. :banana2:

frdwrnch
08-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Hurry up y'all! There are only about a dozen spots left. What about Maruaderman?

Marauderman
08-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Sounds good!!! Send me some paper work..........at the moment I should be available to "SHOW"....Tom

frdwrnch
08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Sounds good!!! Send me some paper work..........at the moment I should be available to "SHOW"....Tom

I'll send it out today. Return the form to the Salisbury address ASAP as they are filling up quickly. RW>

SC Cheesehead
08-23-2004, 04:51 PM
I'll send it out today. Return the form to the Salisbury address ASAP as they are filling up quickly. RW>It looks like I'm available on the 18th (barring another hurricane or whatever) so if there's still room for another MM, I can bring the DTR.:woohoo:

SCCH

Marauderman
08-25-2004, 04:12 AM
Saturday September 18, 2004 8:00 am 'til 4:00 pm. The Southern Performance Ford Club has invited local Marauder owners to join their show. Cost is $15, gets you and another into the show. PM me if you are interested and I will send you a registration form.

Just want to remind everbody--sent in for my tickets this morning..so lets get some more to show our MM's off......time is counting down ..and not many spaces left for us to pick from.....hurry up....Tom

SC Cheesehead
08-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Just want to remind everbody--sent in for my tickets this morning..so lets get some more to show our MM's off......time is counting down ..and not many spaces left for us to pick from.....hurry up....TomTom,

Do you have a copy of the form you can mail or fax to me? I'd like to join you guys on the 18th.

SCCH:run:

stevencory
08-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I PM'ed frdwrnch a couple of daze ago
requesting a form too, :revenge:
but I haven't heard frum him yet.

Oh NO!!!! I wanna go!

(Guess whose Marauder is sportin'
a fixed up grill, fender and hood.)
:cloud9: :party:

frdwrnch
08-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Sorry Steve and Cheese, I had a birthday wednesday and am just getting over it! I'll pm you the address to the show chairman tonight. Just send your check directly to her with your complete address, phone number, and vehicle info. This way you won't be held up waiting for the form. You should have it by 7:00 pm this eve.

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2004, 04:12 AM
frdwrnch,

You had a birthday on Wednesday? Happy belated! I quit recognizing mine a couple years ago (but I still celebrate, just don't wait for burthdays to do it!).

I'll get my registration mailed out this morning, thanks for PM'ing me with the info. Let's hope they have a couple of space left for me and Steve .

Are we planning on doing anything while at the show (i.e. cookout, etc.)? If so, let me know if you want me to bring anything (cheese, brats, beer, soda). Also, does anyone have one of those portable gazebo thingies that we could put up to make a little shade? If not, maybe I can track one down.

SCCH:drive:

frdwrnch
08-28-2004, 04:37 AM
We will set up in the concourse area beneath the grandstands. They won't allow us to grill out there (trying to force us to pay $5 for substandard burgers). This area should offer us some shade but a pop-up may not be a bad idea.

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2004, 04:58 AM
I'll see if I can come up with some shade.

BTW, has anyone checked out the other MM website recently?

http://www.mercurymarauder.org/

They've got the "Production Numbers" link updated and its got production stats for the '03 and '04 MM listed. Being as I'm a "stats kinda guy" I found the following interesting:

2003 production 2004 production
Black 7,094 1,206
Blue 328 -
Silver Birch 417 973
DTR - 963

Total 7,839 3,142

I guess we do own limited production classics.

SCCH

gdmjoe
08-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Got my official packet ( passes, map, instructions, etc. ) today (30Aug2004).

Thanks frdwrnch for hooking me up.

Butch
08-30-2004, 07:01 PM
I've sent in for my passes, but haven't seen anything back yet. Hopefully will get something back from them this week so that I know I am verified.

See everyone there!

Marauderman
09-01-2004, 04:18 AM
We still gonna meet on the 11th ? Maybe we can try an meet ahead of time on the 18th and all go in together as a group-- would give a bigger impression...somet'n to disscuss anyway......so the 11th at Quaker's?????......
chim in ya'll........

Butch
09-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Yeah, I'm in for meeting on the 11th and for meeting early for the 18th.

Let me know when and where, and I'll be there!

dok
09-01-2004, 06:18 AM
Sounds good to me for both the 11th and 18th.

SC Cheesehead
09-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Sounds good to me for both the 11th and 18th.There's an outside chance I may be able to make lunch with you guys on the 11th, will have a better handle on that later next week.

Got my tickets in the mail today for Autofair. I like the idea of getting together early and driving to Lowe's as a group. Ms. Cheesehead and I will be driving up to Charlotte Friday evening, will probably get a hotel room somewhere near the track, so just let me know where and when you want to gather that Saturday a.m. and we'll be there.

BTW, are there any good night spots in Charlotte?

SCCH

Marauderman
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Hey Fin Harder 92--see your on line at the moment=--you coming to the fun in Sept or NOT???? It's your time to show!.............Tom

Butch
09-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Got my tickets yesterday.

See everyone there!

stevencory
09-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Got tickets and directions yesterday :cool4:

I agree to meeting up early and arriving together
on the 18th. I'll plan to leave out of Chapel Hill
about 5am and be in Charlotte bout 7:15.
Let me know where you would like to prestage
and I'll do my best to make it. :dogrun:

My 1st Autofair! I'm sure how to behave :dunno:

Thanks,

Marauderman
09-03-2004, 08:48 AM
I think what we'll do is discuss during the 11th meeting where we'll pre-stage on the morning of the 18th and will post that later so all will know-with directions---sound ok??

Last year Ms.M and I made sandwiches and put them along with drinks in a cooler--kept them in the trunk ---worked out well--it's a long day--only problem was the sun--and it will be again this year---shade was unavailable----so we will do the same again with the food and drinks--trust me--it's the way to go--...........see those coming on the 11th..........Tom

PS--...so far seven(7) of us are signed up for the show on the 18th--
frdwrnch, dok, marauderman,SC Cheeshead, stevencory,gdmjoe, Butch-
Where is Agent M79?? and others???????......

Agent M79
09-03-2004, 09:03 AM
I've posted a thread for the regular meet on the 11th.

Unfortunately I already have a commitment for the following weekend.

I am, however, working to have the time off for the Southern Marauder tune for October.

Marauderman
09-03-2004, 09:19 AM
I've posted a thread for the regular meet on the 11th.

Unfortunately I already have a commitment for the following weekend.

I am, however, working to have the time off for the Southern Marauder tune for October.
...........can we borrow your car for the show...it's not commited is it?? ;)

Agent M79
09-03-2004, 10:54 PM
No problem, Tom. Sure you can... if you leave me yours! :cool4:

...........can we borrow your car for the show...it's not commited is it?? ;)

Marauderman
09-14-2004, 04:27 AM
OK guys---serious consideratiopn here--we did not talk about the possibility of RAIN--it may be here all Sat morn from the IVAN thing--so what are your thoughts?....

frdwrnch
09-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately it looks like Ivan is going to be a factor. I have to be there rain or shine anyway. One of the SPFC guys told me today that he's going to bring his silver MM instead of his '59 T-Bird, bummer, NOt!

dok
09-14-2004, 02:25 PM
The 5:00 briefing from the National Hurricane Center talks about the remnants of Ivan stalling near the Tenn. - NC border bringing rains that will cause a major disaster. It may sit there for 3 days. If this happens, I can't see how they could even have the Auto Fair.

Guess we will have to wait until Friday to see what the forecast has in store.

Marauderman
09-15-2004, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=frdwrnch One of the SPFC guys told me today that he's going to bring his silver MM instead of his '59 T-Bird, bummer, NOt![/QUOTE]
....and why hasn't he come to our meets yet!--you gotta work on him frdwrnch!!!....we can always use more MM's in the parking lot :cool5: :up:

ok .so we'll wait till the last minute---hey--there is no time (dry wise) to clean our cars--and the engines) ...man what a bummer...

.ok all!! --check in with any news when it becomes news---- Tom

SC Cheesehead
09-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey Guys!

Just got back in from my field assignment, getting caught up on e-mails etc. BTW, was my first extended trip in the MM........SWEET!

As for next weekend, I'm still planning to drive up Friday evening and will play it by ear. Worse comes to worse, we can always reconvine for lunch at Quaker Steak, I might even do one of those big beer thingies with Marauderman and Dok (Nothing about a rainy day that a beer or two won't fix!):beer:

One last item (off topic) that I feel I must share with you guys......HOW 'BOUT THEM PACKERS!

SCCH

dok
09-15-2004, 08:34 PM
One last item (off topic) that I feel I must share with you guys......HOW 'BOUT THEM PACKERS!

SCCH

:cheesed: :down: :mad: :( :bows:

Marauderman
09-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys!

Just got back in from my field assignment, getting caught up on e-mails etc. BTW, was my first extended trip in the MM........SWEET!

As for next weekend, I'm still planning to drive up Friday evening and will play it by ear. Worse comes to worse, we can always reconvine for lunch at Quaker Steak, I might even do one of those big beer thingies with Marauderman and Dok (Nothing about a rainy day that a beer or two won't fix!):beer:

SCCH

.......well...after digesting that last comment...I may have to put a :pill: in that beer next time.....

Looks like the RAIN is in store for the event and I'm right now not planning on
participating with that in the forcast..--but IF you do come up --give me a call..maybe Dok and I can meet you for a long one ---might get Ms. M out in the wet stuff as well....--of course we'll be in the Truck instead--rain you know!!.......Tom

SC Cheesehead
09-16-2004, 06:45 PM
.......well...after digesting that last comment...I may have to put a :pill: in that beer next time.....

Looks like the RAIN is in store for the event and I'm right now not planning on
participating with that in the forcast..--but IF you do come up --give me a call..maybe Dok and I can meet you for a long one ---might get Ms. M out in the wet stuff as well....--of course we'll be in the Truck instead--rain you know!!.......Tom
Tom,

We're getting hammered pretty hard with rain down here this evening, and the wind is starting to pick up, so I'm in agreement that a change of plans is in order. HOWEVER, I'm keeping my options open and will see what Sat. a.m. brings us. Ms. SCCH suggested we stay close to home tomorrow evening, and if it looks like any improvement Saturday morning we'll make the drive up then. I'll either PM or give you a call if we're coming.

Any chance they may reschedule Autofair? :depress:

SCCH

Marauderman
09-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Tom,

We're getting hammered pretty hard with rain down here this evening, and the wind is starting to pick up, so I'm in agreement that a change of plans is in order. HOWEVER, I'm keeping my options open and will see what Sat. a.m. brings us. Ms. SCCH suggested we stay close to home tomorrow evening, and if it looks like any improvement Saturday morning we'll make the drive up then. I'll either PM or give you a call if we're coming.

Any chance they may reschedule Autofair? :depress:

SCCH
..ok ..sound good--will have phone on 24/7 as always--- rescheduled....not sure..will need frdwrnch's input on that and the local news ,which is mostly about rain rather than news per say........so , Russell and Don, check in and let us know your thoughts on each...Tom

Marauderman
09-17-2004, 06:58 AM
..ok ..sound good--will have phone on 24/7 as always--- rescheduled....not sure..will need frdwrnch's input on that and the local news ,which is mostly about rain rather than news per say........so , Russell and Don, check in and let us know your thoughts on each...Tom
..all I know is IF it is still on...(from this evening news and forcast) , I'm sure gonna have a lot of cleaning inside and out on # 7 to do --may take all night...wheeew! man ..thats too much in too short a time period... :depress: :bigcry: so I just :dunno:

dok
09-17-2004, 07:21 AM
First I'll answer the easy question. They will not reschedule Autofair. It started yesterday and the permanent exhibits are all in place.

Second question (the weather) is much tougher to answer. Today is turning out much better than they forecast and the forecast for tomorrow is occasional showers, not an all day rain.

I subscribe to a premium wather service that gives an hourly forecast for any city in the US that you choose. Their forecast for tomorrow shows NO rain for the area.

Maybe we will get lucky tomorrow.

Marauderman
09-17-2004, 11:43 AM
First I'll answer the easy question. They will not reschedule Autofair. It started yesterday and the permanent exhibits are all in place.

Second question (the weather) is much tougher to answer. Today is turning out much better than they forecast and the forecast for tomorrow is occasional showers, not an all day rain.

I subscribe to a premium wather service that gives an hourly forecast for any city in the US that you choose. Their forecast for tomorrow shows NO rain for the area.

Maybe we will get lucky tomorrow.
.I'll give it a try in cleaning #7 up ....hey ..anyone know how we can do a wash after we get to the track--say mini-type --may have to bring my air-blower to dry her off from bucket bragade use......or am I the only one concern about a dirty car---hell , everyone else has the same problem tomorrow....any opinions guys......Tom

Butch
09-17-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm planning on washing mine in the morning, and just bring my cleaning supplies with me and touch it up once there.

I may not make it precicely at 8:00 though..... Depends on the cleaning time required in the morning.

Was a decision ever made about meeting somewhere before entering the track?

See ya!

SC Cheesehead
09-17-2004, 06:44 PM
I washed the DTR this evening, packed some water, rags, and "Spray 'n Shine" for touch up when I get there.

Weather here in Greenville is GREAT this evening, hope it holds. I'm heading out about 5:00 am, should be at the Roadhouse around 7:00 am.:burn:

Ms. Cheesehead's decided not to make the trip, she's figuring on rain (party-pooper!)

Let's hope for :sunshine: , if not, there's always :beer: at Quaker Steak (kind of a "win-win" the way I see it).

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
09-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Forecast looks good, I'm heading out, see you around 7:00.:cool5:

SCCH