PDA

View Full Version : Made it home...

kirk
08-22-2004, 04:58 PM
but it wasn't easy. I had a wheel come loose between Ann Arbor and Jackson. It destroyed one of my rare KH wheels, but everything and everyone is home.

I had a great time at the WDC. Everyone who helped organize things did a fantastic job! What a blast!

dwasson
08-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Wow Kirk. I'm just glad that nobody got hurt. Too bad about the wheel. Did you save the hubcap?

Hack Goby
08-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Hanging with you and your family was one of my highlites this weekend you are all "Good People"

MarauderMike
08-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Glad to hear you are ok! Hope the big Merc doesn't have much damage and that you can find a replacement wheel.
It was great having you and Larry at the Dream Cruise, you and Larry are both great company and those big Mercs' draw a lot of attention.
One of these days we just need to get a road trip going for the group and meet somewhere between Detroit and Kalamazoo.
See you at the next event!

merc406
08-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Kirk, glad you caught that problem in time and made it home alright. Great seeing you again and talking Marauder talk. Congratulations on both of your awards!
The WDC event was great and congratulations and thanks go out to all that made it happen, it was a special time in Marauder history, (with more to come!)
Oh, John told me about my Marauder on 7, this was a picture I sent in in 2001 when they had the Garage, they used it last year also in the 7 tv add shown last year. http://wxyz.com

bigslim
08-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Kirk, glad you made it safely. As usual, it was nice having youe here. Hope your is going to be alright. By the way, tell your family they are a class act too.

bigslim
08-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Kirk, glad you caught that problem in time and made it home alright. Great seeing you again and talking Marauder talk. Congratulations on both of your awards!
The WDC event was great and congratulations and thanks go out to all that made it happen, it was a special time in Marauder history, (with more to come!)
Oh, John told me about my Marauder on 7, this was a picture I sent in in 2001 when they had the Garage, they used it last year also in the 7 tv add shown last year. http://wxyz.com
That is so cool. Having your car on the WXYZ website front page. Congrats Larry.

kirk
08-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the good thoughts gang. No damage to the Merc other than the wheel and the lugs. The lug holes in the brake drum are a little larger now also, but I did not lose the wheel cover. That would have been a heavy hit with the wheel and the cover being rare and expensive items. It was close though as the wheel looked like it could have let go soon had I kept moving.