PDA

View Full Version : The weekend just got a little strange

Hack Goby
08-22-2004, 04:58 PM
I went back out to our spot on Woodward around noon today to check our spot and make sure it was policed.BradleyG was there and jerry showed up shortly after.Everything was good so I went on merry way.I had about five shots on the camera left so I went to Northwood shopping center to kill the rest of the shots.Well I see this old Lincoln and I snap off a few pic`s and then start talking to the owner.When I told him I was a late model Marauder owner the guy gets an attitude.Last year he was at a United street machines meet at Russ Milne ford and when the meet was over and the crowd was leaving Two Jerks(In his own words)in Marauders did these huge burnouts while in traffic that when they were done nobody could see to get out not to mention losing control and taking out a few classics.I told him that I was one of the vice presidents of that club and I knew all of the members and in our behalf I aplogized.Now I start thinking of the events that transpired back almost a year ago and now I know.That night Trilogy#5 was finnished and that person showed up to the car show before they had to leave town and yes they did a HUGE burnout on the way out.Now for a hearty handshake who can tell me who this person was.And for a "Job well done" who was the other black Marauder.Because I aplogized on behalf of the club we kind of hit it off and I said we were not all like this so now he is OK the club(we will see)and now to round off the weekend I go to Wild Woody`s for the car show and it`s fairly crowded but no Marauders so Im out of there when I pull out theres this guy in a black Viper coming right at me.I stop to let this guy around and he`s coming right at me when I look who it is it`s Jerry with his wife coming to Woody`s to check things out.Man I need to go to bed!

TripleTransAm
08-22-2004, 05:02 PM
I think a quick scan of the member IDs will give you the answer you're looking for.

Logan
08-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Trilogy #5 is our good buddy Menace.

MarauderMike
08-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Good memory Logan!

MI2QWK4U
08-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Paul, that was the night before the rest of us headed off to Ennis Texas for the first meet. I don't think it was one of our guys though. There weren't any other Marauders around capable of smoking the tires... At that point there was only Trilogy #1, mine, Bob Mathis, Nathan, and Menace. That night before Ennis, Trilogy #1 and mine were at Lidios till midnight having the leaky prototyp intercooler resovoirs replaced, smaller pullies installed and being dynotuned. Lidio and I wanted to go to Milnes, but couldn't get done in time and never made it. I think we were there from when he closed the shop till well after midnight. Bob was back home as was Nathan. I remember Menace leaving to shoot over to the Milne show before heading home. No one else had a Marauder that could light them up. I think the Lincoln owner needs to chill out and get his ***** straight. Thats a long time to remember something like that and hold a grudge! He needs to get a life for crying out loud.

Hack Goby
08-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Were not the only marauders in town.

MI2QWK4U
08-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Thats true Paul, I hate the idea of apologizing for someone not in our group. Its these guys with the old time classics that think that anything else new is junk and treat you like crap. I hear it from time to time, "whats that thing doing here, this is a car show". When is the last show at Milne? Be sure to point this guy out if we go, I will put the stock BFG's back on and show him what a real burnout is....

Hack Goby
08-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Remember Dave Jerry is the new Great Lakes Guy for the IMOA I was just trying to patch all those burned bridges the last guy left.It`s something all the Motor City Marauders need to learn.Without the old Merc`s we would not be here.

MI2QWK4U
08-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Dang it Paul, as usual, you are wise beyond my years and are right about that. If you dont stop it, I am gonna start calling you dad!

bigslim
08-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Dave, it's us "old" guys that keep you in line. I remember him doing that burnout but it was done in the lot and pretty much everyone had left the lot. I was one of the last guys out of the lot. That old guy probably thought it was a Grand Marquis and got bent because it was so cool. Oh well. He better get used to seeing our car around at the events.

MARAUDER S/C #5
08-23-2004, 04:47 AM
That night Trilogy#5 was finnished and that person showed up to the car show before they had to leave town and yes they did a HUGE burnout on the way out.
Ah yes, Sept.17th 2003. I had just picked up the car from Lidio about an hour before. I figured what better way to celebrate than do a nice burnout for the MCM. It was quite a huge burnout with lots of smoke that filled the lot. I was actually just warming up the tires for the 800 mile ride home. Also, Slim said I had to do this to get in the MCM. Just kiddin SLIM! It was all in good fun and this guy needs to just let it go. Hopefully I'll be back up that way sometime in the future for more burnouts!

Hey Slim, can you go see if the tire marks are still there?
:burn:

merc406
08-23-2004, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=MARAUDER S/C #5]Ah yes, Sept.17th 2003. I had just picked up the car from Lidio about an hour before. I figured what better way to celebrate than do a nice burnout for the MCM. It was quite a huge burnout with lots of smoke that filled the lot. I was actually just warming up the tires for the 800 mile ride home. Also, Slim said I had to do this to get in the MCM. Just kiddin SLIM! It was all in good fun and this guy needs to just let it go. Hopefully I'll be back up that way sometime in the future for more burnouts!

Hey Slim, can you go see if the tire marks are still there?
:burn:[/QUOTE

aka. Dennis the Menace :lol: :burn: :rock: :D

MARAUDER S/C #5
08-23-2004, 09:41 AM
[/QUOTE] aka. Dennis the Menace :lol: :burn: :rock: :D[/QUOTE]
Rick the Menace :P

:burnout:

stevengerard
08-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Ok, Dad two speaking here, sounds like what ever happened certainly wasn't intentional and all for fun. I myself get ticked off at folks zooming down my street, yet I'm the first to leave marks as far as I can.
With that said, we still have cars on the new car lots available. These older cars have limited numbers and even less parts available. If some cars really hit each other because of the cloud, I'd be upset too. I think it was a good thing to apologize even if it wasn't one of the MCMs.

As for some folks not liking the newer cars, until recently I felt the same about it too except for the Imp SS and the GNs. What has happened to many car shows is that the kids with the FWD cars and loud radios and bling bling take over the drive-ins. Now, I don't like it, care for it or desire to be or want any part of it. Yet I realize its today’s version of what we did as kids to our cars. With the resurgence of hp and the MM, 300C etc I think you will be seeing more acceptance of the newer cars.

That is why when ever I am at a car show and somebody looks in my car or a child gets too close I ask them if they'd like to get in. It goes a long way and hopefully I am influencing some youngsters to become American muscle car fans instead of ricers. I do this with both my cars, nothing like seeing a 10 year old sitting on top of a convertible with a grin from ear to ear.

Bradley G
08-23-2004, 02:28 PM
No matter what you do people remember what they want:cool: Good job passing on good will for our cause!I know it's not the first burnout he's seen:coolman: If we still keep arranging events in tandem w/ the IMOA thats not going to be the last one either;)