PDA

View Full Version : C.A.M Dyno Day

Haggis
08-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Ok, fellow Capitol Area Marauders here is the day you have been waiting for. On September 25, 2004 we are having a Dyno Day at Kauffman Motorsports in Dillsburg, Pa. Dillsburg is located about a half hour north of Gettysburg on Rt-15. They require a $35 deposit per car for the day and if we get 10 or more cars it will only be $50 for 3 pulls, A/F will be $15 extra. If we don't get 10 cars it will be $65 for 3 pulls and A/F is still $15. Even if you don't want to have your car dynoed come and hang out for it will also be our Sept. CAM Meet. We can try setting up a picnic there or order out for pizza or even invade...er, stop by a local dinner when we are done. Please PM me or post in the Thread if you are going to be able to attend and whether you want to dyno or not. You don't even need a Marauder.

Here is the link, give Kauffman's a call and/or send them a check and tell them it is for Sept 25 and you are a member of the Capitol Area Marauders : http://www.kauffmanmotorsports.com/

Capitol Area Marauder's September Meet & Dyno Day
Haggis dyno
Ladyhawke dyno (Firehawk)
Muradero3 dyno
Mad-3R dyno
GordonB dyno
Badger dyno (2nd car ?)
Merc dyno
Joe Walsh dyno (Cobra 427 ?)

One to three cars to go, anyone else? All are welcome, come on down for the day NJ/NY Marauders and how about the CT and NE Marauders. For you Pa. Marauders this is in your backyard. It is about a four hour drive for you Eastern Buckeye Marauders.

GordonB
08-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Haggis,
Pls count me in. The DTR MM will be there for Nbrs & A/F as well.
Thanks,
GordonB

Bluerauder
08-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Ok, fellow Capitol Area Marauders here is the day you have been waiting for. On September 25, 2004 we are having a Dyno Day at Kauffman Motorsports in Dillsburg, Pa. Dillsburg is located about a half hour north of Gettysburg on Rt-15. One to three cars to go, anyone else? All are welcome, come on down for the day NJ/NY Marauders and how about the CT and NE Marauders.
Haggis,

Sorry, I will have to pass on this one ... looks like I'll be at Nissan Pavillion that day on a prior committment. :poke: :whistle: :run:

MarauderMark
08-25-2004, 06:16 PM
As long as nothing goes wrong with precious again count me in for all and everything..Cause i love a great :party: :rock:

merc
08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Count me in :baby:

Haggis
08-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Haggis...........dyno
Ladyhawke.....dyno (Firehawk)
Muradero3 .....dyno
Mad-3R..........dyno
GordonB.........dyno
Badger...........dyno (2nd car ?)
Merc..............dyno
Joe Walsh.......dyno (Cobra 427 ?)
MarauderMark..dyno

One to three cars to go for the discount, anyone else? Deposit is $35 and they need it a week before the date. Give them a call to leave a deposit. Their number is 717.502.8880, just tell them you are with the Marauders on Sept 25.

GordonB
08-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Haggis,
When I spoke to them on Tues. they indicated that they wanted you to do the collecting and provide them with the count, money, etc. FYI.
GordonB

Haggis
08-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Haggis,
When I spoke to them on Tues. they indicated that they wanted you to do the collecting and provide them with the count, money, etc. FYI.
GordonB

OK!??? They never relayed that message to me. I guess that is what happens when you talk to the help!? I have already called and gave them my deposit for our two cars. I will call them again, and let you all know what I hear. Until them HAPPY MARAUDING. :pirate:

Haggis
08-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Haggis,
GordonB

Ok, I just got off the phone with Kauffman and GordonB is right, sure wish I had known this last week at the meet. Yes, Bob I know you wanted me to collect the money then. :dunno: So everyone that I have received a positive response from I will PM you my address so you can send me a check for the deposit.

Murader03
08-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with Kauffman and GordonB is right, sure wish I had known this last week at the meet. Yes, Bob I know you wanted me to collect the money then. :dunno: So everyone that I have received a positive response from I will PM you my address so you can send me a check for the deposit.

I hate to say it.......I TOLD YOU SO! :awe:

Haggis
08-31-2004, 06:19 PM
:bump:

Haggis...........dyno
Murader03 .....dyno
Mad-3R..........dyno
GordonB.........dyno
Badger...........dyno
Merc..............dyno
Bigdogjim........dyno
MarauderMark..dyno

Anyone else? :poke:

Even if you don't want to dyno, come and hang out and meet your fellow Marauder owners. Bigdog will be there and if you have never met him or heard one of his stories you will not want to miss out.

What does everyone want to do for food? Picnic/BBQ, pizza or invade...er visit a local restraunt.

MarauderMark
08-31-2004, 06:28 PM
:
Even if you don't want to dyno, come and hang out and meet your fellow Marauder owners. Bigdog will be there and if you have never met him or heard one of his stories you will not want to miss out.

What does everyone want to do for food? Picnic/BBQ, pizza or invade...er visit a local restraunt.

Here's the direction i am going with (cause there the only ones i know) so maybe we can hook up and cruise together ???anyone?

it says it's going to take 2 hrs & 23 mins to get there
3. Take I-95 SOUTH - go 32.9 mi
4. Take the WHITE MARSH BLVD WEST/MD-43 WEST/(US-1) exit, exit #67B - go 0.6 mi
5. Continue on WHITE MARSH BLVD - go 3.2 mi
6. Take I-695 WEST - go 7.5 mi
7. Take the I-83 NORTH exit towards TIMONIUM/YORK PA, exit #24 - go 62.1 mi
8. Take the PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE TOLL ROAD/I-76 exit towards PITTSBURGH, exit #39B - go 0.6 mi
9. Merge on I-76 WEST - go 5.8 mi
10. Take the US-15 exit towards GETTYSBURG, exit #236 - go 0.4 mi
11. Merge on US-15 SOUTH - go 10.0 mi
12. Turn on RANGE END RD - go 0.1 mi
13. Arrive at 901 RANGE END RD, DILLSBURG

Haggis
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Here's the direction i am going with (cause there the only ones i know) so maybe we can hook up and cruise together ???anyone?

8. Take the PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE TOLL ROAD/I-76 exit towards PITTSBURGH, exit #39B - go 0.6 mi

Chris and I will be going straight up Rt-15 to Dillsburg, it is about an hour drive from here. One very important fact I forgot to post is that we will need to be there at 9am. We plan on leaving around 7:30am. :sleepy: :help:

merc
08-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Chris and I will be going straight up Rt-15 to Dillsburg, it is about an hour drive from here. One very important fact I forgot to post is that we will need to be there at 9am. We plan on leaving around 7:30am. :sleepy: :help:

Holy Cow that's putting me on the road at 6:30 A.M. on a
Saturday. Man that's pushing the edge of the envolpe. Pam is going to kick my A$$ because Sept. 11 is drag day and that's a 5:30 wake up call. Two weekends in a row, I hope she loves me, if not, maybe the car ? :lovies:

You will find me in the Dog house :surprise:

Bigdogjim
08-31-2004, 07:45 PM
You will find me in the Dog house :surprise:

Not a bad place to hang out:)

:dogrun: :welcome: :run:

Murader03
09-01-2004, 01:19 AM

Dot and I are game for whatever the rest want! Pizza or INVADE sounds good, or even the picnic if we can all decide on what to bring as it will most likely have to be all cold stuff! :blah: :blah: :blah: :party:

MarauderMark
09-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Dot and I are game for whatever the rest want! Pizza or INVADE sounds good, or even the picnic if we can all decide on what to bring as it will most likely have to be all cold stuff! :blah: :blah: :blah: :party:

Hey lets invade , get some pizza and have a picnic.i gots plenty of room for all three. :lol:

Bluerauder
09-01-2004, 06:53 AM

Mark,
As a minimum, I would ignore #4 and #5 on the map directions. Just take I-95 South to the I-695 Beltway west. Not sure why they threw White Marsh Boulevard in there unless you plan to stop by the Mall. After a closer look at the map, please disregard the rest of this note (looks like the I-95/695/I-83 route would probably be best after all). But, I don't think I would go that way from your neck of the woods.

Seems to me that from Northeast, MD, a more direct route might be to head north toward Lancaster on Rte 272 then west using Route 30W toward Gettysburg (unless there's a better way to get to 30W) . Then north on US 15. Might cut 30-35 minutes off your trip and eliminate that big horseshoe southern trip down to the Baltimore area. Check with BigDogJim or Murader03 on their thoughts about Route 30 west out of Philadelphia.

Haggis
09-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Mark,
As a minimum, I would ignore #4 and #5 on the map directions. Just take I-95 South to the I-695 Beltway west. Not sure why they threw White Marsh Boulevard in there unless you plan to stop by the Mall. But, I don't think I would go that way from your neck of the woods.

Seems to me that from Northeast, MD, a more direct route might be to head north toward Lancaster on Rte 272 then west using Route 30W toward Gettysburg (unless there's a better way to get to 30W) . Then north on US 15. Might cut 30-35 minutes off your trip and eliminate that big horseshoe southern trip down to the Baltimore area. Check with BigDogJim or Murader03 on their thoughts about Route 30 west out of Philadelphia.

I don't know how Rt-30 is east of York, but between York and Gettysburg it is all of two lanes wide (1 coming and 1 going) traveling through small Pennsylvaina towns with a traffic light or circle ever mile or so. :drive:

Murader03
09-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Alas ladies and gents, Dot and I won't be able to make the Dyno Day. We have to be at a wedding in the early afternoon. We'd no sooner get there and then have to head back to be at the appointed place in time. We'll see you all at the next gathering. Would be a 6 hour run just getting there and back...... :bigcry:

Haggis
09-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Alas ladies and gents, Dot and I won't be able to make the Dyno Day. We have to be at a wedding in the early afternoon. We'd no sooner get there and then have to head back to be at the appointed place in time. We'll see you all at the next gathering. Would be a 6 hour run just getting there and back...... :bigcry:

NOoooooo......!!! Tell me it is April Fools Day again. :bigcry: :argh:

Oh well, see you and dot at Big bats in Oct.

Haggis
09-04-2004, 12:41 PM

Haggis...........dyno
Mad-3R..........dyno
GordonB.........dyno
Badger...........dyno
Merc..............dyno
Bigdogjim........dyno
MarauderMark..dyno

So far I have received only two deposits, we have two weeks left before the deposits are due. To those that will be at Mason/Dixon next weekend you can give the money to Chris. If anyone needs my address just PM me and I will send it to you. We are still two cars short to receive the discount.

GordonB
09-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Food???
Did someone say fooood????
Joan and I will be glad to do whatever for food. Probably round something up near the dyno??
GordonB

MAD-3R's Wife
09-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, it looks like we get to pay for two vehicles to go to dyno. I got my truck on Friday evening. I want to get the base numbers before I put too many miles on it. Once the warrenty is done THEN I will modify it.

Joe Walsh
09-05-2004, 10:24 AM
I think that we now have nine(9) cars..?
I will be number ten(10) and hope that the weather holds so I can bring the Cobra.
Gordon, 'PM' me with your address again, (I lost it on my messy desk) and I will forward a check for the $35.00? deposit.

Haggis
09-06-2004, 06:50 PM

Haggis.............dyno
Ladyhawke.......dyno (Firehawk)
Mad-3R............dyno
Tasha..............dyno
GordonB...........dyno
Badger.............dyno
Merc...............dyno
Bigdogjim.........dyno
MarauderMark...dyno
Joe Walsh........dyno

We still have room with you would like to dyno your car and even if you don't want to dyno come and join the party, Bigdog promises to be there and if you have never met him or heard one of his stories you will not want to miss out.

Haggis
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM

Anyone else?

We still have room with you would like to dyno your car and even if you don't want to dyno come and join the party, Bigdog promises to be there and if you have never met him or heard one of his stories you will not want to miss out.

Haggis
09-10-2004, 09:44 AM

Anyone else?

No one? :poke: :( :depress: :bigcry: :alone:

Haggis
09-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Ok we have ten people for the dyno and I have the deposits in hand. If anyone else is interested in dynoing or just showing up to meet your fellow Marauder owners just PM me. If you want to dyno I will need the deposit by Thursday, Sept. 17. We will need to be there by 9am and to make it fair it will be first come first serve and I can run last. See you all on the 25th of Sept.

Haggis.............dyno
Ladyhawke.......dyno
Mad-3R............dyno
Tasha..............dyno
GordonB...........dyno
Badger.(x2)......dyno
Merc...............dyno
MarauderMark...dyno
Joe Walsh........dyno

Mike Poore.......no dyno
G-Man............no dyno
Hbarrett..........no dyno
Pete F............no dyno

Haggis
09-14-2004, 07:32 AM
The deposit has been paid and we are all set for Saturday the 25th. They want to start at 9a.m, Chris and I will try to be there by 8-8:30am to get things rolling. See you all there. :burn:

MAD-3R
09-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Ok,
Is there anyone comming to this event who lives in from close proximenty to Philadelphia, and who would be willing to transport a set of running boards for Tasha's new truck?

MarauderMark
09-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok,
Is there anyone comming to this event who lives in from close proximenty to Philadelphia, and who would be willing to transport a set of running boards for Tasha's new truck?

Pm me Phil.I'll give ya mah phone #

Badger
09-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Mrs Badger and our pups will be tagging along in the 98CV.

We may be heading over to Longwood Gardens that afternoon.
I've got to go play with the maps and see if that's too far to roll in one day.

Badger
09-23-2004, 04:21 AM
want to convoy up to the dyno from the DC area. I figure we will be leaving around 0700/0730 ish from Alexandria, VA. Anyone interested?

MarauderMark
09-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Again it seems i may not be going to this meet. man if it aint one thing its another i won't know until tomorrow night.i will let ya'll know later.. :mad:

Haggis
09-23-2004, 05:46 AM
want to convoy up to the dyno from the DC area. I figure we will be leaving around 0700/0730 ish from Alexandria, VA. Anyone interested?

Anyone heading up Rt-15 North through Frederick and points north. PM me and I will give you my phone number or give me yours and we can arrange to meet up.

Mark you....you...Ah, forget it!! :banghead:

Sorry to hear that bud, hopefully you will be able to get out of whatever came up and be able to make it.

MAD-3R
09-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Me and mine will be heading up 15 from Leesburg. Plan on leaving 6:30ish.

We can meet at the Lowes/Chick-filet. If you would like.

GordonB
09-23-2004, 07:09 AM
I'll be leaving our house by 7am sharp -- puts me on Rt 15 about 7:50am and in Dillsburg about 9am. Don't know if it is me and Mrs or just me by myself. Maybe I'll get to bring a friend!!!

GordonB

Haggis
09-23-2004, 08:01 AM
We can meet at the Lowes/Chick-filet. If you would like.

Is that in Va.?

For all those that have FRS radios, same channel ok #5.

We can meet in Frederick off of Rt-15 at Exit 13B W. Patrick St.(Rt-40 W). Go down 3 traffic signals and make a right at the Burger King. It is a shopping mall with a K-Mart, large parking lot for all of us to meet up. For those that need our cell # PM me.

MAD-3R
09-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Is that in Va.?

We can meet in Frederick off of Rt-15 at Exit 13B W. Patrick St.(Rt-40 W). Go down 3 traffic signals and make a right at the Burger King. It is a shopping mall with a K-Mart, large parking lot for all of us to meet up. For those that need our cell # PM me.

Sorry, yes Sterling Va Lowes

FSR on chennel 5 sub 0

MarauderMark
09-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Looks like everything will be ok for saturday WHEW!! I will talk to Howard tonight see what time he wants to go i want to get there early enough to hook up with everyone so we can have us a maravan headin up there.Mr G. i will call you tonight after i talk to howie to figure where and what time i hope this will be ok..EVERYONE BE SAFE!! at least till we get there.. :burn:

merc
09-23-2004, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=EVERYONE BE SAFE!! at least till we get there.. :burn:[/QUOTE] :hide:

GordonB
09-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Need to try new sig.
GordonB

GordonB
09-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Last try.
GordonB

MarauderMark
09-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Last try.
GordonB

Sorry Big G..i tried..

Haggis
09-24-2004, 09:58 AM

For those that plan on meeting in Frederick, I hope to leave by 7:30am so meet in the parking lot behind the Burger King towards Advanced Auto. From there it is an easy out on onto 15 North.

Those that need our cell phone number please PM me and I will send it to you.

See you all tomorrow. DRIVE SAFE. :drive:

GordonB
09-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Haggis,
I'll be behind you by a few minutes.
GordonB

merc
09-24-2004, 11:22 AM
I am flying solo Saturday :seesaw: and no mussel :razz:, with the safety off :uzi:

Bluerauder
09-24-2004, 01:27 PM
... and no mussel :razz:

No mussel?? I thought the Bookbinder's trip was in another thread. :rofl:

Have a great outing on Dyno Day for all the CAM members ..... sorry that I'll miss this one.

Badger
09-25-2004, 12:33 PM
to be the first to thank everyone for the great time this Badger family had. We are safely at Longwood Gardens and wilol finish our outing tomorrow.
Great seeing yawl!

Ladyhawke
09-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Yes we would also like to thank everyone! We had a great time as always. It was nice seeing friends again, meeting new members and Badger's family. I was happy with the Firehawk's numbers (301 horsepower/314 torque) and impressed with Kauffman's operation. Look forward to seeing everyone in October.

Haggis
09-28-2004, 09:10 AM
I am glad to hear everyone had a good day dynoing their cars and almost everyone was happy with their numbers and performance. It is always good to meet old friends and to make new one, but alas I was not able to talk to the two new members that showed up Pete F. and Hbarrett and you both left before I new it and I did not get to tell you it was good meeting you. We also got to meet Mrs. Badger (MaryBeth) and the two little badgers, Gabriel & Erica. Really cute kids Brendan and they were well behaved all day.

I was very happy with Chris' Firehawk's performance and I am jelous of her A/F ratio almost a perfect straight line between 11 and 11.5 for all her runs. The way all the lines were on top of one another you would think her car deleloped a new color.

The Black Bomber came away with 411rwhp and 372rwtq not bad and staying pretty consistant from dyno to dyno. As the technician ran the pulls dyno pulls on the Black bomber I was in the passenger seat watching and taping the Fuel pressure gauge and watching it peak and dip. The A/F stayed between 11 and 12.5 for its pulls no lean condition, but man I wish I had a surf board for those waves.

No Merc I am not going to start any rumors about you and GordonB, not going there. Pics will follow in a day or two, thanks to everyone who showed for making it a sucess. :bows: :bows: :bows:

GordonB
09-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Chris & Gordon,
Thank you for arranging and organizing this Dyno event.
Now I need to get a Dyno tune there for the Blue MM and straighten out the rich A/F above 4200rpm.
GordonB

Joe Walsh
09-28-2004, 09:52 AM
The Black Bomber came away with 411rwhp and 372rwtq not bad and staying pretty consistant from dyno to dyno.

Gordon, 411 HP to the wheels is something like 514 flywheel HP!!!! YE-OWWW! :high5: :up: :D :rock:
(assuming 20% drivetrain losses with auto transmission)

I got to ride 'shotgun' in Gordon's car once we had the fuel pressure sender installed, and LUCKILY, I was intent on watching the gauges while Gordon ran The Black Bomber WOT through the gears.....
I say 'Luckily' because IF I was looking at how fast we were going I would have needed a 'Depends' undergarment!!!
I won't say exactly how fast...but Gordon was using all of the OEM speedometer.

AWESOME CAR!!

P.S. Those 'parked' cars out on Route 15 have NEVER seen a "Police Car" go by that fast!

merc
09-28-2004, 02:54 PM
I had a great time with everyone, can’t wait till we meet again. Great numbers Haggis, MAD-3R and Markmarauder. Thanks for coming out and putting up with my ribbing MarauderPeg. Mike great video, when are we going to see it? Lets not forget about the littlest Marauder Badgers. It ’s always good to see children that are not out of control. Hope everyone got home safely. Please don’t forget the NVMC shootout on October 23 at Mason Dixon. Looks like a good Marauder turnout for this event. GordanB I forgot the value covers I promised you, maybe next time.

MarauderMark
09-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Yepperz I had fun just being with ya'll again.Sorry for the early finish for us but i had alot to do in not alota time.Gordon(Haggis) what did you decide with or without the chip ,that is the question..Joe great job on the gauge installation.i still like your latest album.only wish i had bought it with me..Gordon(GordonB) your latest edition to the family is beautiful wish ya luck buddy.Merc!!!!You!!My wife!!!Ribbin??!!oh forget it...darn horn toad :lol: Phil /Tasha just let me know before you guys goto texas cause ima not driving that far for truck parts..And it certainly was great meeting Joe , BadgerS, Mike, Hbarrett, Pete.Hope to see you all again..God Bless you all!!!