PDA

View Full Version : The Site

Dan
08-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Kenny,

What is going on with the site upgrade??? :)

I get the feeling that it is taking longer than it would take to order a fresh set of dead pedals from the mfgr. :lol:

Please let us know when your site will be done. THANKS.

Best,

Dan

kbmg
08-24-2004, 06:17 AM
Kenny,

What is going on with the site upgrade??? :)

I get the feeling that it is taking longer than it would take to order a fresh set of dead pedals from the mfgr. :lol:

Please let us know when your site will be done. THANKS.

Best,

Dan

Patience Grasshopper, Patience.....

Dan
08-24-2004, 10:02 AM
LOL

NO! I don't like waiting. :P :lol:

Ok, Ok, I will be patient, Obi Wan. :D

Best,

Dan

stevengerard
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Patience Grasshopper, Patience.....

If you need help let me know - no really I'd love to help a car related Web site.

Dan
08-30-2004, 05:45 AM
Kenny,

I wonder why you didn't leave the old site up in the meantime. Would you care to share? :)

Best,

Dan

Dan
09-10-2004, 03:34 PM
(crickets)

stevengerard
09-10-2004, 03:42 PM
(crickets)

hey, I offered to help

BK_GrandMarquis
10-09-2004, 03:51 PM
(crickets)
They made a slight change on main page. It's looks very professional. Hope this leads to good things for us.

Dan
10-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Nothing about the way they are doing their site makes sense based on what is typical in business. There has to have been something going on in the background because I simply cannot believe any company would knowingly handle a web site upgrede in this fashion.

The old site could have been left up. It wasn't. Now, the new main page is up but the links are all dead. This makes me shake my head. More importantly, it is not what someone should expect from a company offering multi thousand dollar upgrades to Marauders.

I am sorry to be so blunt. There simply must have been something going on in the background that we do not know about for it to have been handled this way.

-Dan

MM03MOK
10-09-2004, 04:48 PM
You've piqued my curiosity, Dan. What is it that you want from the website? I'm sure David Frey or any of the staff could help you with your questions or puchasing decisions. I'd be hard pressed to believe the lack or delay of a website would deter one from doing business with a company. Give David a call. The whole staff at KB were wonderful hosts for a BBQ during MVII.

David Frey
(317) 247-5320 x224
dfrey@kennybrown.com
www.kennybrown.com (http://www.kennybrown.com/)

Dan
10-09-2004, 06:45 PM
I think that the answer to your question will be found in my last post.

Dan

martyo
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Good grief Dan!! Not everyone places the emphasis on their website you do. Just call David Frey on the phone. He is very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.

Dan
10-10-2004, 04:18 AM
You are right, not everyone allows their site to go down for around two months.

Calling is a good idea. Should I call Sunday, when I am not working or late Saturday night when I am not working or would 5AM before I start working be good or after 7PM when I am done?

The sad this is that I am sounding sarcastic when those are roughly my hours.

I don't have any particular questions right now but I do want a lot more information and have for quite some time. I don't have time to make one or more phone calls when I am just shopping. What is more important is that is not the way that I do my research and, the last time I checked, I am the potential customer here.

The real point is that, had I pulled the trigger on a charger when I was still hot on getting one, the call would have been to a company with a working site. That's just me. I wouldn't say anything if I weren't for KB and his support of our site. If he knows how important a site is to his biz maybe it will help out.

Even if it is for just one customer.

Dan

martyo
10-10-2004, 05:45 AM
You are right, not everyone allows their site to go down for around two months.

Calling is a good idea. Should I call Sunday, when I am not working or late Saturday night when I am not working or would 5AM before I start working be good or after 7PM when I am done?

The sad this is that I am sounding sarcastic when those are roughly my hours.

I don't have any particular questions right now but I do want a lot more information and have for quite some time. I don't have time to make one or more phone calls when I am just shopping. What is more important is that is not the way that I do my research and, the last time I checked, I am the potential customer here.

The real point is that, had I pulled the trigger on a charger when I was still hot on getting one, the call would have been to a company with a working site. That's just me. I wouldn't say anything if I weren't for KB and his support of our site. If he knows how important a site is to his biz maybe it will help out.

Even if it is for just one customer.

Dan

Dan, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have never owned or operated a business. Well, Kenny Brown has and from all indications, he is doing quite well at it. Not all businesses depend on the internet. KB was arund long before the internet and internet sales may just not be a priority to his company.

Consider that.

SergntMac
10-10-2004, 09:57 AM
I have to "ditto" sentiments here, Dan. Kenny Brown is not an "e-company." Kenny Brown does not sell any Marauder "upgrade kits," or, "Marauder parts," other than a Panther platform based dead pedal.

If you own a Mustang, or a Camaro, there are a few suspension parts available at retail, but Kenny Brown uses a nationwide "authorized dealer" system, much like Ford Racing does. I do not recall the site ever having a "shopping cart" feature, or a lot of detail on products. When his site was up, you still had to call your order in, and most of the stuff offered was more like a "garage sale" on Kenny's terms. Of course, this could be changing, which could be why the site is down?

Kenny Brown builds race cars, full tilt stuff for IRL and SSCA, but he does not drag race. Some of his suspension parts are suitable for drag racers, but Kenny does not build those parts for drag racing cars. His staff includes David Frey, Rich Cotrell, Brad Grisson and others, who are all pofessional drivers in their own league, with a wide variety of racing formats. I am sure that any of them will help you get what you need for your Marauder, but there are very few of us here doing the kind of racing Kenny Brown is focused on, and to my knowledge, none of us here are racing professionally.

Kenny Brown can build you a whole Marauder S, but other than that, it's not his style of business to produce kits or stock parts for retail. Give the Kenny Brown staff a call, if they cannot answer your questions, they will point you in the right direction.

Dan
10-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Dan, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you have never owned or operated a business. Well, Kenny Brown has and from all indications, he is doing quite well at it. Not all businesses depend on the internet. KB was arund long before the internet and internet sales may just not be a priority to his company.

Consider that.

Bad timing. The limb broke. I have had two very successful businesses. One which is currently running.

This is fruitless. I have said what I have to say.

:unsubscribe:

TAF
10-10-2004, 04:32 PM
It seems to me...this says it all...so, what's your beef Dan?

CLICKY (http://www.kennybrown.com/)