PDA

View Full Version : Dennis really is a genious

MMSuperFan
08-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Installed the last of my planned performance mods yesterday. Dyno shows 292 RWHP and 328 RWTQ. Temperature was 80 degrees with 50% humidity.

Thank you Dennis for all of your advice and assistance.

Mods installed are as follows (not necessarily in this order)

UDP's, 4.10's, 180 Stat, Denso IT-20's, Kook's System, SCT 9100 Flasher, Meziere Pump.

I think that is good results for the money spent.

Dennis, after installing the Meziere, my voltage at idle is too low. I have already installed a 130 amp alternator and it still needs a little more juice when idling with a full load on the alternator. I think I could use another 100 RPM's when the tranny is engaged, can you help me out with that? I have your cable for the 9100 just need a program to correct a couple of minor irritations. I will call you on Monday or Tuesday to discuss if you don't have a stock program already developed.

Thanks again for all the great advice. :rock:

Bradley G
08-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Did you get a baseline befor mods to see what increases you achieved?? Or is your reference Seat o Pants?

Smokie
08-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Super Fan congratulations on some very healthy dyno numbers !!! I believe you have a 13 second bracket car there, enjoy to the fullest.:rock:

MMSuperFan
08-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Did you get a baseline befor mods to see what increases you achieved?? Or is your reference Seat o Pants?
Bone stock numbers were 233 RWHP, 255 RWTQ

Before Kooks and Meziere 264 RWHP and 289 RWTQ

And no it isn't seat of the pants.

:whistle:

merc
08-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow, great numbers. Keep us informed when you put that monster on the track. :up:

86GRANDMARQUIS
08-30-2004, 02:54 PM
UDP's, 4.10's, 180 Stat, Denso IT-20's, Kook's System, SCT 9100 Flasher, Meziere Pump.

"I think that is good results for the money spent."
----------------------------------------------------

The total for those upgrades; Please. TY! :dunno: :baaa: :dunno:

MMSuperFan
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM

"I think that is good results for the money spent."
----------------------------------------------------

The total for those upgrades; Please. TY! :dunno: :baaa: :dunno:

UDP's $170 - Installation $75
180 Stat and plugs - Self installed $86
4.10's $170 - Installation $276
SCT 9100 $350 (i think, call Dennis he will give current price)
Meziere pump $320 plus belt $26 (self installed)
Kooks System $1399 plus coating (check w/Kooks for current pricing) Installation was $300

Total cost $3,000 even if my math is correct

sdupuis
08-31-2004, 07:32 AM
UDP's $170 - Installation $75
180 Stat and plugs - Self installed $86
4.10's $170 - Installation $276
SCT 9100 $350 (i think, call Dennis he will give current price)
Meziere pump $320 plus belt $26 (self installed)
Kooks System $1399 plus coating (check w/Kooks for current pricing) Installation was $300

Total cost $3,000 even if my math is correct
59 RWHP & 73 RWTQ for $3,000 is a hell of a deal. Who installed your exhaust system? How is the "drivebility" of the car now compared to stock? My (1) week old '04 only has 200 miles on it, but I plan on starting my mods after a good break-in. I think I'll copy you.

Thanks,

Steve

MMSuperFan
08-31-2004, 06:05 PM
59 RWHP & 73 RWTQ for $3,000 is a hell of a deal. Who installed your exhaust system? How is the "drivebility" of the car now compared to stock? My (1) week old '04 only has 200 miles on it, but I plan on starting my mods after a good break-in. I think I'll copy you.

Thanks,

Steve
The exhaust system was installed by a local performance shop (Fort Worth, TX). After Kooks installation, the cabin noise was too high for my taste so I used Dynamat to deaden the trunk and rear area of the cabin. That was a great improvement. It is still noiser, but the performance increase is well worth it, besides, I like the ricers and Kraut cars to hear me coming. :lol:

As for the way she behaves....well, it is like having two different cars when you add the SCT 9100 program from Dennis. The tranny is still smooth shifting if you ease away from the light, but WOT it hits like a big dog. The stock settings for shift points suck. Before I installed the performance program from Reinhart, the tranny upshifted too early in every gear and tended to bog down the engine because it shifted into overdrive so early. After the 9100 program is installed everything changes. The tranny behaves like it should, shifting later in the acceleration curve, allowing the engine rev higher, reaching the power curve earlier. All in all, I could not be more pleased. She is a well mannered lady until somebody blows her skirt up then look out. :rock:

sdupuis
09-01-2004, 04:28 AM
The exhaust system was installed by a local performance shop (Fort Worth, TX). After Kooks installation, the cabin noise was too high for my taste so I used Dynamat to deaden the trunk and rear area of the cabin. That was a great improvement. It is still noiser, but the performance increase is well worth it, besides, I like the ricers and Kraut cars to hear me coming. :lol:

As for the way she behaves....well, it is like having two different cars when you add the SCT 9100 program from Dennis. The tranny is still smooth shifting if you ease away from the light, but WOT it hits like a big dog. The stock settings for shift points suck. Before I installed the performance program from Reinhart, the tranny upshifted too early in every gear and tended to bog down the engine because it shifted into overdrive so early. After the 9100 program is installed everything changes. The tranny behaves like it should, shifting later in the acceleration curve, allowing the engine rev higher, reaching the power curve earlier. All in all, I could not be more pleased. She is a well mannered lady until somebody blows her skirt up then look out. :rock:
I'm sold! Did I understand you correctly.......did you remove the rear seat & carpet, laid down Dynamat and re-installed everything? I traded an '02 Crown LX Sport and had Flowmasters 40 and removed the resonators and it was a little too loud in the back seat, I never thought about laying some Dynamat.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

MMSuperFan
09-01-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm sold! Did I understand you correctly.......did you remove the rear seat & carpet, laid down Dynamat and re-installed everything? I traded an '02 Crown LX Sport and had Flowmasters 40 and removed the resonators and it was a little too loud in the back seat, I never thought about laying some Dynamat.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve

That is correct, I removed the rear seat and liner and used Dynamat from the carpet rearward and all the way up behind the rear seat. Too lazy to remove the front carpet and do the entire cabin floor, but the results are acceptable for my ears.