PDA

View Full Version : ADDCO Rear sway bars

Dennis Reinhart
08-30-2004, 06:18 AM
I just wanted every one to know I had a few left and I sold those and there were three other sales after that, I have one customer unhappy he has not recieved his so I called ADDCO this morning and they were on back order till Tuesday, I try and do the best I can, so please be patient, if not just give me a call I will issue a refund while your on the phone.

Subj: 650
Date: 8/30/2004 9:16:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: dreinhart1@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Mr Reinhart
We have had issues with steel shipments arriving on time due to the high demand of steel. We will be out of 1" material until November unless we can find an alternate supplier. The 650's were cut 1 week ago and will be shipped out on tuesday we put the 650's ahead of other bars that needed to be cut. That have been on order longer than oyours. We try to be fair, also our normal turn around time is about 3 weeks from start to finish. We feel we can not do any more to rush you order, we make bars to order. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions. Your bar is coming back from the plater & will be shipped tomarrow.

Thanks
Shelly
Michelle Hetzel
Addco Industries, Inc.
1596 Linville Falls Hwy
P.O. Box 217
Linville, NC 28646
accounting@addco.net
1-828-733-1560 (P)
1-828-733-1562 (F)

http://www.marauder57.com/Reinhart%20SC%20Banner%201.gif

Silver_04
08-30-2004, 02:04 PM
Damn right I'm unhappy and I'll tell eveyone why. 1st reason, I ordered an "event swaybar" back on August 10th. However over 1/2 month later I now find out all of the "event swaybars" were sold before I placed my order...but my card was charged anyways. Someone should have said the "event swaybars" were out when I placed my order...because I wouldn't have placed an order then. 2nd reason, this isn't the only order that I have placed that this has happened to; I'm sold and charged for product that never shows - disturbing trend.

Only after expressing my displeasure with my billing/order status did I receive the above info, which was just yesterday.

BTW Dennis-I tried calling before 5pm est time and no one answered.

So can you confirm that the backordered bars will ship Tuesday of this week and give an ETA as to when they will be received by the buyers?

Dennis Reinhart
08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Damn right I'm unhappy and I'll tell eveyone why. 1st reason, I ordered an "event swaybar" back on August 10th. However over 1/2 month later I now find out all of the "event swaybars" were sold before I placed my order...but my card was charged anyways. Someone should have said the "event swaybars" were out when I placed my order...because I wouldn't have placed an order then. 2nd reason, this isn't the only order that I have placed that this has happened to; I'm sold and charged for product that never shows - disturbing trend.

Only after expressing my displeasure with my billing/order status did I receive the above info, which was just yesterday.

BTW Dennis-I tried calling before 5pm est time and no one answered.

So can you confirm that the backordered bars will ship Tuesday of this week and give an ETA as to when they will be received by the buyers?

Chris I got your email today I replied today, you placed your order Aug 10th, I placed your order with ADDCO the same day I never knew the bars were on back order till today, you stated you called at five.
I close at five I was on the Dyno, I am here now if you would like to try again Chris I advertised sway bars that were left over and you placed your order after the three I had here were sold. I placed your order with ADDCO to be droped shipped directly to you, they went on back order they will be shipped Tuesday, I am sorry for the problem.

Silver_04
08-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know we got everything worked out. Dennis was staying a work late and let me know so I could call him after hours.

Chris

FiveO
08-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Dennis seems to be here to please.

Glad you finally got everything worked out Silver 04.

teamrope
08-31-2004, 01:10 PM
You won't regret it. The addco S/B makes a good handling car even better. :rock:

RF Overlord
08-31-2004, 01:33 PM
You won't regret it. The addco S/B makes a good handling car even better.

^^^what he said^^^

The only comment I would like to add is that if you get the polyurethane bushings, they tell you to tighten the end links until you can just about turn the center support tube with your hand, no more. Well, I did it that way and had a mysterious and hard to reproduce "thunk" until I tightened the end links a bit more until I could no longer turn the center tube by hand...and the thunk is now gone. I think ADDCO is afraid people will try and tighten poly bushings like they do regular bushings; that is, until the rubber is flattened down to the same diameter as the washer. That's a :nono: ...but they still need to be tighter than ADDCO recommends... $0.02

Fourth Horseman
09-01-2004, 04:07 PM
^^^what he said^^^

The only comment I would like to add is that if you get the polyurethane bushings, they tell you to tighten the end links until you can just about turn the center support tube with your hand, no more. Well, I did it that way and had a mysterious and hard to reproduce "thunk" until I tightened the end links a bit more until I could no longer turn the center tube by hand...and the thunk is now gone. I think ADDCO is afraid people will try and tighten poly bushings like they do regular bushings; that is, until the rubber is flattened down to the same diameter as the washer. That's a :nono: ...but they still need to be tighter than ADDCO recommends... $0.02

Same here. I had better results tightening the end links down past what Addco recommends.