PDA

View Full Version : Are Marauders Selling Well?

b4z
08-04-2002, 03:00 PM
Just got back from vacation in NC and the Marauder that I saw July 4th is still at the dealer. He told me he will only get a couple this year so he wants list. That was in July. I wonder if he feels the same now?

Do any of you guys know what the actual sales are?

How are Marauders selling in your area?

Fourth Horseman
08-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Here in Salt Lake City the only Mercury dealership in town was getting four vehicles and all four sold months before they actually arrived. I'm just glad I managed to get on the list when I did (I was #3 of 4).

It'll be interesting to see how they sell once they start getting regular shipments.

WJSOLOMON
08-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Here on the Northside Dealer, they've blown through their current allocation of Four, and Dealer Traded Two more - One from Atlanta, and One from Chicago.

Logan - you seem to always have your thumb on the pulse of the L-M Division, so how many of the Original 18 K have been commited for, as of 8-1-02?

(That's Only the First 60 Days, Dudes / Dudettes!)

:) :cool:

JamesHecker
08-04-2002, 10:07 PM
The first Marauder my L-M dealer got didn't last two hours! I snapped it up. That was a month ago and the second one they got was there three days without selling as of yesterday. I'll keep an eye on it and report here.

b4z
08-05-2002, 04:13 AM
I wonder if I should offer him $500 over list and then roll the $2000+ that I am upside down on my Impala into the payment?
I am still concerned that there is less back seat legroom in the Marauder.
Or maybe the seat cushion is just shorter in the Impala which makes it look like there is more legroom.
My other option is to wait for traction control which has saved me a couple of times in the imp.

tetsu
08-05-2002, 04:23 AM
I read several weeks ago that there were over 5k presolds already.

Individual dealers are indeed adding large markups on them, but the reason for this is so that the MM will not sell and people will come into the dealership to see it and hopefully want to buy a GM or a Lincoln after browsing.

The few places that have a MM on the lot are attracting people to come see it.

Johnny

Ray Snyder
08-05-2002, 06:28 AM
Theres a dealership here in Houston on highway 290 that has 9 on the lot. I think they are just asking sticker. The guy siad that was thier entire alocation and they just arived all at once.

Wags
08-05-2002, 07:15 AM
Around my area (Chicago), they are selling them for $500 to 3K over sticker (and getting higher) at most dealers. The start out by getting 2 per dealer, then to get more they have to order 4 Grand Marquis for every 1 Marauder. The dealers that won't budge on the 2 to 3K over still have both of the Marauders. The ones that will deal some have sold them, and looking for more.

Pete

b4z
08-05-2002, 08:30 AM
I guess if they are getting 3K over sticker then they can buy them from the dealers who can't move them and everybody makes money.

Grand Marquis sales are down.

No Grand Marquis's or marauders were produced last week.

Info from www.autonews.com. Scroll down the right side to the pdf.

Marauderguy
08-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Guess I was lucky....I am a Service Director for a large Ford dealer here in Houston. We also own a Lincoln Mercury Store and was able to buy the first Marauder they got for D plan price. I see I was lucky now.

eng1neer
08-05-2002, 10:26 PM
I test drove Logan's car to see how the 4.10s pulled.. and it was quite the mod. I also noticed that he seemed to have more leg room on the drivers side front seat than my MM did. We also noticed that the EEC code for his car was different.. Mine being FDH2 and his being BMD0. Mine has a lower VIN than his so there seems to be some differences in the cars as they roll off the line.. I am really curious where the extra room is coming from so the next time I see Logan Ill have to inspect his drivers seat and adjustable pedels for any differences. Mine seems to have California emmisions even though it was purchased in TX and I was curious if this was the difference in the computer calibration code difference. but it was my understanding that all the cars were conforming to that standard these days. Since Im a a taller person, I could sure use the extra leg room.

Logan
08-06-2002, 07:18 AM
You didn't spend that much time adjusting the seat, soooo.... :)