PDA

View Full Version : Ennis anyone ?

cruzer
09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Anybody planning anything for Ennis this year--it's just a week away and I was planning on doing some test and tune and take in the show--maybe we can get together--also remember someone mentioning Cherokee Raceway for that week-end--let's make some definite plans---fast

mrjones
09-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Anybody planning anything for Ennis this year

I'm planning on going to Ennis this year. I'd also be interested in going to Cherokee since its just up the road from my house!

Redster
09-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Anybody planning anything for Ennis this year--it's just a week away and I was planning on doing some test and tune and take in the show--maybe we can get together--also remember someone mentioning Cherokee Raceway for that week-end--let's make some definite plans---fast

If I'm not in Illinois, I'll be at Ennis. Most likely on Saturday.

RVT04
09-02-2004, 09:24 PM
linda and i are both planning on doing at lest a friday test and tune and maybe a saturday just to watch the show but will not make sunday
of course if linda has to work friday we will not be there
but really want to run the cars after the dr upgradein indyto see what times will be in the good air

BUCKWHEAT
09-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Didn't make Ennis but I did get to Denton Dragway last night at 11:00pm. Ran seven runs all between 9.23 and 9.31. Really consistent. I was the only four door real car there. I ran one ricer with four doors and so many stickers on it I couldn't tell what kind of car it was. It made a real ying-ying sound, and ran even with me. He had more money in it to get it to run with a big pig than I would ever have spent. Also ran a King Ranch one-fiddy. Nice truck.

Redster
09-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Didn't make Ennis but I did get to Denton Dragway last night at 11:00pm. Ran seven runs all between 9.23 and 9.31. Really consistent. I was the only four door real car there. I ran one ricer with four doors and so many stickers on it I couldn't tell what kind of car it was. It made a real ying-ying sound, and ran even with me. He had more money in it to get it to run with a big pig than I would ever have spent. Also ran a King Ranch one-fiddy. Nice truck.

I'm planning on going to Ennis on the 18th. Anyone else going to be there?

cruzer
09-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I plan to be in line when the gates open at 10 AM, Friday the 17th. Tech insp and test and tune are open from 10 AM til 4 PM. I will be leaving about 2 PM--have family obligations at 6 PM. If anyone else is planning to be there during this time, pm your cell phone # and I'll send you mine and maybe we can get together while we're there :party: . I just want to see what this beast will do with 31,000 miles on it. The high heat and humidity at Indy didn't give us stock cars a chance--want to get a better reading for my own stats and compare to last year at Ennis.

hdwrench
09-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I live probably 10 miles from that track... never been there, no point with my current car. Hopefully there is a marauder in my near future. I work everyday but sunday so i dont know if they even have stuff happening on sundays but if they do id like to come see some nice marauders.

Bradley G
09-15-2004, 03:52 AM
I wish u luck on that quest for a Marauder. U won't be dissapointed.I for 1 would like nothing better than to put a drag racing event on the "CanDO" list.:)
I live probably 10 miles from that track... never been there, no point with my current car. Hopefully there is a marauder in my near future. I work everyday but sunday so i dont know if they even have stuff happening on sundays but if they do id like to come see some nice marauders.

Billy Mac
09-15-2004, 09:11 AM
undefined
I wish u luck on that quest for a Marauder. U won't be dissapointed.I for 1 would like nothing better than to put a drag racing event on the "CanDO" list.:)
I went to visit you at your work but you no longer work there. Where are you at now and when can we hook up? :duel:

Bradley G
09-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Hey Billy Mac good to hear from you. I spoke to your cousin T.C. yesterday.I hope all is well with you! I was layed off in July. Not working presently. Call me anytime. I'm in the book.or PM me I would love to talk or meet
undefinedI went to visit you at your work but you no longer work there. Where are you at now and when can we hook up? :duel:

cruzer
09-18-2004, 11:15 AM
I showed up at 9:45 and drove right up to the gate--charged me $10 to get in---went to Test and Tune Tech Insp---informed I had to buy $50 ticket for all 3 days or no go :bop: ---back to gate, back to tech--$ 15 for Test and tune :bounce: ---they finally opened track at 11:30--sched for 10 AM- :cheesed: -I was in the second set to run--no time sheets---timer down :down: ----waited til 1:15 PM finally--another run and I had to leave for home--2 runs for $75 :mad: To make it worse, they were working on the track--couldn't get traction out of gate--stock car broke completely loose ---lousy times both runs---track temp over 100 degrees!!! Soo, I'm stuck with a 3 day pit pass --any body wants to go on is welcome to it. Good for qualifying today and racing today and tomorrow--I don't think I'll get involved with big events other than Marauderville in the future. And any temp over 75 is out.. Oh , well, live and learn

mrjones
09-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I showed up at 9:45 and drove right up to the gate--charged me $10 to get in

Sorry you had a bad day, and sorry I missed you. I didn't get there until about 2pm. I did get to meet Rodster, though. He had his 04 DTR in the show. It was HOT, at least till about 4 when it got cloudy and we got a good steady wind. Looked like they had almost 100 cars in the True Street Class. I left after their 1st pass. Fastest cars were running in the 9's. That class has come a long way since the fastest cars were in the 11's.

I only saw 3 Marauders there: Rodsters, mine, and another one parked by the gate with SS inserts and a skull on the back window. Anybody here?

Redster
09-18-2004, 07:45 PM
[Good for qualifying today and racing today and tomorrow--I don't think I'll get involved with big events other than Marauderville in the future. And any temp over 75 is out.. Oh , well, live and learn[/QUOTE]

I went today (Sat.) and it was plenty hot. I entered the car show just for the heck of it. Ended up parked in the back row but at least I was in the shade 90% of the day. Man they had some fast cars, several over 200 mph.
Had a good long talk with MRJONES from MM net. He is from Lufkin. Says they have a real nice new strip they opened up down there.
This event has really grown since the last time I went about 4 years ago. The car show had a hundred entries. Last time I was there they had about 10 cars. By the way, the show was being run by the SVT Club. I didn't make the top 25. ABout 23 of the top 25 were Mustangs, mostly late model. It would be great to get more MM's there but I know alot of youse guys want to race, not just hang out. I'll hang out anywhere I can hear race engines.
Afterwards I found my way to Lowry Crossing but no sign of a car show except for one car parked in a grassy field. However I did find some of best curvy roads I have driven since I got the MM. FM 756 is lots of fun to drive.

Redster
09-18-2004, 07:49 PM
I showed up at 9:45 and drove right up to the gate--charged me $10 to get in---went to Test and Tune Tech Insp---informed I had to buy $50 ticket for all 3 days or no go :bop: ---back to gate, back to tech--$ 15 for Test and tune :bounce: ---they finally opened track at 11:30--sched for 10 AM- :cheesed: -I was in the second set to run--no time sheets---timer down :down: ----waited til 1:15 PM finally--another run and I had to leave for home--2 runs for $75 :mad: To make it worse, they were working on the track--couldn't get traction out of gate--stock car broke completely loose ---lousy times both runs---track temp over 100 degrees!!! Soo, I'm stuck with a 3 day pit pass --any body wants to go on is welcome to it. Good for qualifying today and racing today and tomorrow--I don't think I'll get involved with big events other than Marauderville in the future. And any temp over 75 is out.. Oh , well, live and learn

Thanks for the offer of a ticket Maury but I think I will go out to Alliance and listen jet planes tomorrow. Have lunch at Sonny Bryant's and watch the air show from the parking lot.

Racerx88
09-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Well Maury, all I can say is "Welcome to the Texas Motorplex". They've been doing that s**t since the first time I had to deal with them for the Buick club back in '87. They're simply too big for their britches. They're the only 1/4 mile game in town, and they know it. You'd think when somebody big like FFW comes to town, and pays the kind of money I know they did to rent that track, the Motorplex would bend over backwards to make it a good experience. But no, it never happens. They ALWAYS have something broke, or they start late. No exceptions in the 17 years I've been going down there. The ONLY people they bust their butts for is themselves, and the NHRA. Just my .02. Gee I wish someone would build another 1/4 mile track CLOSE to Dallas!!!

Petrograde
09-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Maury and Dean,..

Do either one of you guys know if they normally charge like that? I'm a month or two, after the weather cools of a bit,... I'd like to run the 1/4 mile there.

Just wondered if they always screw ya like that all the time or just during FFW.

Thanks!

Tom

cruzer
09-19-2004, 08:14 PM
I don't know if they have open test and tune at Ennis later on--check their web site. Personally, as soon as it cools down a bit, I'm going to Rusk to the new Cherokee strip and try again--all I want to do is see how much Dennis's flash helped . Anyone interested in making it a group trip in October ??? See you all at the Fair, Maury

Racerx88
09-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Hey Maury and Dean,..
Just wondered if they always screw ya like that all the time or just during FFW.
Thanks!
Tom
While they don't necessarily do it all the time, they are known to change the entry price of an event AFTER it's been advertised and flyers have been sent out etc. etc. They did that to us a couple years ago for one of the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge (TMCCC) events. We had a contract, we had flyers out, and when we got there, they had raised the price by $5. When questioned, they said it was THEIR event, not ours (???), and they could do what they wanted.

cyclone03
09-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Sorry I missed you guys Saturday.
I entered the car show Sunday....and WON best in class!
Thats both FFW in TX this year.

OK I was the only Marauder in the car show but heck I'll take it!

One of our members was running Quick Ford Sunday and had made 2 rounds by the time I left.

Maury FFW is NOT a good time to go to the track just for time shots,and truthfully very few racers that run FFW will run before about 12-1 on Friday no matter what the fliers say.

Saturday bracket racers get a run card for 2 maybe 3 passes a day if your lucky.Years ago you could run LAPS in test-n-tune like we did in Indy but those days are gone,FFW is now a RACE WEEKEND.

BUCKWHEAT
09-20-2004, 08:15 PM
I don't know if they have open test and tune at Ennis later on--check their web site. Personally, as soon as it cools down a bit, I'm going to Rusk to the new Cherokee strip and try again--all I want to do is see how much Dennis's flash helped . Anyone interested in making it a group trip in October ??? See you all at the Fair, Maury

yea, let's get a group trip going---1/4 mile