PDA

View Full Version : Y'all in F L A

SergntMac
09-03-2004, 02:07 PM
I can't get a handle on who's affected by Frances, but from up here, it looks like the entire east coast, and into GA. Y'all be safe, and let us know what you need in the recovery. Those of you closer than I and not affected, please keep watch on 'em, K?

You are all in my prayers, God's speed.

jgc61sr2002
09-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I can't get a handle on who's affected by Frances, but from up here, it looks like the entire east coast, and into GA. Y'all be safe, and let us know what you need in the recovery. Those of you closer than I and not affected, please keep watch on 'em, K?

You are all in my prayers, God's speed.

What the sarge said. Our prayers are with you.

SergntMac
09-03-2004, 02:15 PM
All I can see is what my WeatherChannel is pushing, and it looks worse that I've seen before, from up here. "Mass exodus" is the picture I'm getting fed right now, if that's real, any of you ATL/Southern MM owners able to provide safe harbor for our brothers from the Sunshine State? Just a thought...Wish I could help...

Dr Caleb
09-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Keep safe people. From what I've heard on the news, the ones that could find gas have already left. If you're one of the unlucky ones, keep your heads down!

Cobra25
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
AS of now 5:40 pm the wind gust's are around 35-40 MPH. Some heavy rain at times with the outer bands. Everyone down here who has panels or wood has covered their windows. Store shelves are mostly empty, 95 % of the Gas stations are out of gas. or just plainly closed. Their is alot of people just loosing control or going nuts. AS far as me and the family we are doing just fine. Plenty of everything ( Over stocked) Both cars are full of gas. I planed way ahead. I've spoke too Firedab & RoyLPita in our group and both of them are doing fine so far also. ( West Hollywood, Florida ).

Smokie
09-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Keep up the prayers, maybe Frances won't be as bad as Charley and quickly dissolve.:sunshine:

Bigdogjim
09-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Not good 2X's in what 3 weeks?

May the Lord watch over you all and keep you safe.

SergntMac
09-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Just spoke with our Bunny on the TX, and she confirms that the WeatherChannel stuff I'm watching here is a national broadcast, at least as far as her quarters in MA. So, I'm not being sold a story on weather related "sweeps week." This is good, and bad...Good that I'm reading the correct 411 on this storm, and bad that I'm reading the correct 411 on this storm. It seems larger than Florida itself!

This is from Bunny..."This is updated on the hour - weather buoy observations. Plug in the Lat/Long and get the real info. The FL coordinates already populate the form."

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?lat1=25.9N&lon1=77.5W&dist=300&time=3

Hope this helps y'all keep in touch. Not trying to compell anyone to chime in, just trying to help keep watch over our brothers...Once y'all get in tune with this situation, I'll shut up, K?

Later...Y'all be safe.

merc406
09-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Sister and brother in-law are in Margate, 7 miles in, they are stayin in there poured cement house, I hope they wil be OK as anyone else that decided to stay will be Ok..... I would have left.

MM03MOK
09-03-2004, 05:07 PM
This is from Bunny..."This is updated on the hour - weather buoy observations. Plug in the Lat/Long and get the real info. The FL coordinates already populate the form."

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/radial_search.php?lat1=25.9N&lon1=77.5W&dist=300&time=3
Here is a map of the buoy locations to better understand the data and Frances' path.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/Florida.shtml

Please be safe!!

PAPAJOHN
09-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Here is a map of the buoy locations to better understand the data and Frances' path.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/Florida.shtml

Please be safe!!

Thanks for all the concern folks! Nice to know that someone is thinking about us ( or is it our Marauders you are worried about ?)

bigslim
09-03-2004, 06:13 PM
We will keep all of extended family in Florida in our hearts and prayers.

Bootlegger
09-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Our local weaather in southwest fl. is reporting that the storm has slowed down to 105 mph, cat #2..it may increase as the night goes on, but not expected to.Supposely landfall will be someplace north of Lauderdale..It is only moving at 4 mph right now, alot of rain, and rain squalls coming across the state. supposely it is the size of texas...most of our hurricane shelters are filling up now from the residents coming across alligator alley..all hotel and motels are full, and not much gas at the stations...

jgc61sr2002
09-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Mel - We are thinking of you and your family. Hope all is well.

MyTMerc
09-03-2004, 06:47 PM
AS of now 5:40 pm the wind gust's are around 35-40 MPH. Some heavy rain at times with the outer bands. Everyone down here who has panels or wood has covered their windows. Store shelves are mostly empty, 95 % of the Gas stations are out of gas. or just plainly closed. Their is alot of people just loosing control or going nuts. AS far as me and the family we are doing just fine. Plenty of everything ( Over stocked) Both cars are full of gas. I planed way ahead. I've spoke too Firedab & RoyLPita in our group and both of them are doing fine so far also. ( West Hollywood, Florida ).I spoke to my brother in Hollywood (east of US1 near Hollywood Blvd). The house was built in 1925 and has seen a few hurricanes. They are prepared and staying put. So far, looks like the "predictions" have you guys get the weak side of the storm. Hope that's the case, my sister in Ft Myers said Charle was no fun at all. All you can do his prepare, and you have, so good luck and stay safe!
Shaun

Bootlegger
09-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Ft Myers area right now is good, not much wind, a little rain, nothing to complain about, if we get anything at all it should be in our area tomorrow evening..But they are not predicting anything serious.They say it will probadly head to the Tampa area around where Smokie is at..Hang in there Javier.!!!!!!!!

03SILVERSTREAK
09-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Stay safe down there as many of us here have you all in our thoughts and prayers...

TooManyFords
09-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Find high ground down there and move north if ya haven't already!

For those looking, the NOAA weather loops are here (http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p38cr/si.kamx.shtml).

John

RoyLPita
09-04-2004, 05:00 AM
Sister and brother in-law are in Margate, 7 miles in, they are stayin in there poured cement house, I hope they wil be OK as anyone else that decided to stay will be Ok..... I would have left.

Margate is right next door to me. Talk about a small world!

Cobra25
09-04-2004, 05:58 AM
The nite wasn't too bad over here. We all sleeped down stairs.Was out side for a short time between a calm part (for the dog ). Not much damage so far here west of 75. The winds are surpose to pick up later to around 65-75 mph in gusts with really heavy rain. . THe west Hollywood - Pembroke Pines area shouldn't be too bad ,we will have the tail of it here. Thanks for you best wishes.

merc406
09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Margate is right next door to me. Talk about a small world!

Roy, you stayin too? Be safe.... You may need a boat...

Tallboy
09-04-2004, 11:27 AM
it's 2:30 here in venice. went to the marina and secured the boat. the marauder is tucked away in the garage. i just mowed the lawn. the sun is shining and we have a nice breeze. we're supposed to get a s---load of rain tonight/tomorrow. but right now, everything's fine.

SergntMac
09-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Doesn't look like there's been much relief over the last 24 hours, hope y'all are doing well.

Smokie
09-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi Sarge, thanks for checking in. Here is not too bad Sunday morning, have power, the rain I can handle; the wind gust are about 35-40 mph. The Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Miami area are having it much worse.

I hope all our friends in South East Fl. are ok, they may be without power, hopefully their homes are not damaged.

Tallboy
09-05-2004, 12:44 PM
moderate winds and very little rain here so far. the power has flickered, but stayed on. so far so good here in venice...

MARAUDERCHICK
09-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Ya'll are all in my prayers!!

Be Safe!!!

Kathy

gonzo50
09-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Here is not too bad Sunday morning, have power, the rain I can handle; the wind gust are about 35-40 mph. The Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Miami area are having it much worse.

I hope all our friends in South East Fl. are ok, they may be without power, hopefully their homes are not damaged.
Big hope and prayers go out to all who are in the path of the Hurricane.
"Be safe". :hug:

Ya'll are all in my prayers!!

Be Safe!!!

Kathy
Couldn't have said it any better. "Ditto" ;)

SergntMac
09-05-2004, 03:42 PM
From my latest WeatherChannel update, Frances is beginning to act more like a normal tropical storm than it has been acting. This is good, some of our friends here have been under the hammer for over 24 hours now. But, the down side is that others not previously threatened are now facing the storm headed in their direction.

I'm thanking my Lord for the change, and the descalation of Frances' force.

Y'all be safe, and let us know how we can help once she passes?

Firedab
09-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Alot of rain, small trees down and some bigger ones, a few homes and business have minor damage. :bricks: Electric is out for over 1.5 million residents in the tri county area, but overall, better than expected for this area. Was supposed to be a strong Cat 3 :cheesed: when it reached us, but ended up a weak cat 2. The scary part is another one is on its way :eek: , and should reach this area by this Friday!! Hopefully forcasts will be wrong as usual and it will end up elsewhere! Well see... :hide:

Bootlegger
09-06-2004, 06:51 AM
Just checking in, everything is fine here in the Ft Myers area, alot of wind and rain, some flooding problems..News is reporting that 4 million are without power on the east caost. We had no damage from this one.. Getting prepared for the next one at the end of the week.. Damn, I think I'll move back to Indy if this keeps up. Thanks everybody.!!

jgc61sr2002
09-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Just checking in, everything is fine here in the Ft Myers area, alot of wind and rain, some flooding problems..News is reporting that 4 million are without power on the east caost. We had no damage from this one.. Getting prepared for the next one at the end of the week.. Damn, I think I'll move back to Indy if this keeps up. Thanks everybody.!!

Mel - Glad to hear you and your family are fine. :up: :D

Cobra25
09-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Well it just seams we in Florida just can't get a break. Now Ivan is surpose to be coming this way. O-well ,if this keeps up I won't need a pool in my yard ,I'll just jump out the door. Any how hope everyone is doing better.

Jinfla
09-06-2004, 05:07 PM
I just got phone and cable back up this evening. This thing just took forever to pass over. Half of my pool screen enclosure is now without screen approx (22) 6'x6' panels blown out. One upper beam down and some barrel roof tiles blown away. I consider myself very lucky as many have it worse than me.

Bigdogjim
09-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks for checking in!

We do worry about our Marauder buddys in Fl.:)

SouLRioT
09-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Checking in finally, I just got internet (cable) back. Not too much damage done to my home. Just lost a palm tree and some screens from our pool patio. My grandmother lost power in Delray, on last thursday and just got it back. Many trees down, including one in one of our families friends homes. Also with the masive power outages, the traffic lights are out too. That has caused many problems because no one follows the four way stop. We've also had a curfew, since the storm hit it's been set a 8pm to curb looters. They've arrested almost 100 people a night. The one good thing is that the loss of life was very low, thanks to early detection. I have lot of catching up to do, so I'll close this up. Thank you again for all the well whishes.

Bill

RoyLPita
09-08-2004, 03:56 AM
I was lucky. I lost my cable (only my grandmother is very good with rabbit ears). My relatives lost power. So, I ended up with a stocked fridge and freezer with THEIR stuff. So much for chowing down.

Smokie
09-08-2004, 05:07 AM
I consider myself lucky, minor damage to roof, broken tree limbs, no power for 2 days, some problems with phone. Overall not bad, I hope none of our members had any serious problems.....Ivan please stay away...I am tired.

MM03MOK
09-08-2004, 05:16 AM
Bill, Brian & Javier - thanks for checking in this morning.
We'll keep our prayers http://www.theturtletrail.com/ttt/pic/buddy/b0617-s.gifgoing that the rest of the crew has minimal damage too and that Ivan turns away from land.

Mary

SergntMac
09-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Good to hear from y'all, WeatherChannel says thing are looking better.

Thank you Lord.

Tallboy
09-08-2004, 03:45 PM
no damage here. lost cable for a day. watched the matrix trilogy!