PDA

View Full Version : Tonight at the Pike 9/5

Dan
09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
I'll be at the Pike again tonight HOWEVER, this time, there will be a LOT of people that will be looking for me and my car. Apparently, we made quite an impression last Sat night. To me this means that it will also be a good time to show off your Marauder, too. After all, if they are going to look for one Marauder they might as well see several. ;)

There are two places to be at two different times. The first place is Hooters in Weathersfield (http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=104&address=) at 7:00 PM. Hooters is on the southbound side of the Pike but at the northernmost section.

At some point the gang will be headed over to the Burger King for more hanging out and having fun. The exact time is determined by when people go there.

I know it is a busy weekend but I would love it if there were a good showing. Both locations are domestic car oriented.

-Dan

MENINBLK
09-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Dan,

Is this every Sunday night ???

Dan
09-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Saturday night. I had the date wrong when I posted 9/5.

Since no one replied to the post I didn't change it.

I am going to be there this Saturday, again, and have a guy from CV.net who is planning on attending. If you showed up that would be 4 cars which is pretty cool.

I can't get BillyG to come up which is too bad since they would just LOVE his car to death.

Anyway, I'll be there each Sat night for as long as I can make it.

-Dan

BillyGman
09-08-2004, 12:27 AM
We will see how the weather is this weekend Danny boy. I'm not making any commitment though. One of these weeks you'll probably see me there. It seems like a good area to park the car and shoot the breeze, but as far as anything over and above that,sure it's a nice big wide open road with great visibility, but there seems to be too many cops around there just waiting for you. And I don't have a radar detector either. Never did.

I don't have to worry about tickets, but I still don't like being pulled over either. I have 17K on my Marauder now, and I've only been pulled over for speeding with it once. When I get on the go pedal hard, it's usually in areas that I know very well, and where I know there's likely nobody there waiting to hassle me about it. But the Pike is another story. they're just lying in wait for you there. You and frank have radar detectors. I don't.

Dan
09-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Bill,

There is a great spot for you to park it and, to be honest, that is how I'd like to evolve in my use of the Pike. I was just waiting for an invite from some of the guys who were already there before crashing the party. Showing up with Moses for a couple of weeks is what did the trick.

As far as enforcement there isn't anything to worry about if you aren't breaking the law. Frank and I spend a TON of time at or below the limit of the Pike when we are cruising and, if an when we decide to have a little fun it is typically a quick squirt up to the limit (with maybe an extra 10 thrown in) and back down.

Neither of us want to get tickets, either.

When the four of us showed on the 28th it was a blast. You could see jaws dropping when we went through one of the many hangouts. When I went to the Burger King Domestic Cruise area the guy in charged said, "Hey, where are the other 15 of your friends?" LOL. There were only 4. But imagine if we got 10 or more? That would be so cool!

Anyway, the sooner you show up the better. It will help others to show up since I know folks like to see your "mythical modified Marauder." That, in turn, may help the response that we get to this.

My motives are to make more friends, see old friends, and meet more Marauderers. :) (In case you're wondering why I am nagging you to show. ;))

-Dan

BillyGman
09-08-2004, 08:40 AM
As long as we got that all straight, then that's fine. Except the part of my car being "mythical". No myths here.

Dan
09-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Ture, if you're gonna drive it like a fuddy duddy there isn't really anything to be mythical about, is there? :lol:

You know I'm teasing you, right?

-Dan

valkyrie
09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Ture, if you're gonna drive it like a fuddy duddy there isn't really anything to be mythical about, is there? :lol:

You know I'm teasing you, right?

-Dan

Dan,
I may try to drive up that way one Saturday in the next couple of weeks.

Dan
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Cool. Let me know when, ok?

I'll be there again this Sat.

-Dan

MENINBLK
09-08-2004, 08:38 PM
The only weekend I can try and make it will be either 9/18-19 or 9/25-26.

I am then going to visit my Corp Office in Cali,and I'll be gone for a while...

Dan
09-09-2004, 04:24 AM
Cool. Pop up a reminderwhen we get closer and i am sure that I will see you there. :)

-Dan

valkyrie
09-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Cool. Pop up a reminderwhen we get closer and i am sure that I will see you there. :)

-Dan

Dan you going to be there tonight. If so are you meeting at Hooters? Let me know.

ultravorx
09-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Dan you going to be there tonight. If so are you meeting at Hooters? Let me know.
Im going to be up there tonight, i wont be at hooters, but i'll be on the pike.
Frank

Dan
09-11-2004, 01:53 PM
I'll be up there tonight. The meeting place for all of us is the Hopps restaurant in Newington at 7:00 pm.

Here is the location of Hopps via a Mapquest link....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=3270+Berlin+Turnpike&city=Newington&state=CT&zipcode=&search=++Search++

Here are directons from the NY State area and points south and west....
Saw Mill North to 684 North to 84 East, then get on 691 east and follow that to Rt. 91 North. Rt 91 North to exit 21 N, Rt. 9 North. Follow local directions.

From MA and points north and east....
Take Rt 90 to Rt 91 south or Rt 84 West, whichever makes more sense. If you take 84 West follow it down to the exit for 91 South and get on 91 south. Now that everone is on 91 South follow that down to the exit for Rt 9 North (exit 22N) and then follow the local directions below.

Local directions....
Rt 9 North to exit 21, at end of exit go right on to 372, take your second right and that is the on-ramp for Rt. 5/15/Berlin Pike north. (The first right is deceptively close to the on ramp) At the end of the on ramp merge on to 5/15/Btpk. The restaurant is 2 miles past the Home Depot both of which will be on your right and very hard to miss.

If I missed you I hope you can extrapolate. If you are coming from CT and can't figure it out with all of this then you probably should bring your parental gaurdian. :lol:

ANYONE is welcome to attend, even if you don't let us know in advance. Odds are you will see our cars in the lot. If we aren't there then look for us in the restaurant. Ask for Mr. Marauder and they will direct you to our table.