PDA

View Full Version : Superchips 1725 Tuner

Svashtar
09-04-2004, 03:41 AM
I finally got around to running the install of the Superchips 1725 tuner I got from Wes. The car definitely is more responsive on the shifts; it's hard for me to tell the exact shift points, especially when the car is pulling like hell clear up to 85 or 90, because I normally would expect a shift earlier, but it is pulling in second evidently clear up to at least 85. I know that seems high, but that's what it feels like. There also used to be an annoying lag when I was in OD and punched it at 55-65 before the tranny kicked in, and now that is gone.

In getting the 1725 I THINK I got the right tuner setup for my car. It does have the gear change option for when I get the 4:10's in, and the superchips performance default is for the 91 octane CA gas which is all we can get here.

I'm hoping I got the best bang for the buck, but understand that Dennis sells a custom tuner that has both race gas and premium gas options. (Which I think is the 9100 with the computer cable and I'm sure costs more.) I'm not racing, so the question is what is the diff between his 91 octane premium gas setup on a basically N/A car and that on the SC 1725? Hopefully I'm not losing too much. If I could get 92 or 93 octane I'm sure I would be missing out, but I think I'm getting the most out of the car. Wished I could drive in and get a custom tune, but that ain't gonna happen around here.

Final question: the 1725 has an "activate fan" option. I think the choices are like 175, 180 and stock. When I put in the new 180 stat I have on order, should I change the fan option also to 180, or is that something different?

Thanks as usual for all your good info!

Regards,

Norm

P.S. Forgot to mention: the car's idle seems slightly higher, and I am definitely driving it (just slightly!) faster since the re-tune, but my mileage jumped a full 2 mpg! Hard to believe, and maybe it's just coincidence, but it seems to correspond exactly to the re-flash. (?)

Tnx. N.

james79stang
09-21-2004, 10:10 PM
I too have the same tuner and i got 1 1/2 mpg's on road and 1/2 second in the qtr. mile.....this tuner is what made me keep the 03 of mine.. for the lack of performance it had before.... i just remove seting's before trip to the dealer...

jesseman
10-24-2011, 06:22 PM
hw does that programmer make it perform on the top end.was there any top end speed increase.yea i hate when im around 60 and nail it seems week right there

Blackened300a
10-24-2011, 06:31 PM
hw does that programmer make it perform on the top end.was there any top end speed increase.yea i hate when im around 60 and nail it seems week right there

Wow, I thought this was a new thread until I saw 9100 tuner. :eek:
A new tune will increase power all around, improve transmission performance, and eliminate the speed limiter.

71cyclone
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
With THE REINHART TUNER.. in less than a mile and 1/2 merc was pushin 132 and still pullin ,Had to " bac- off ".. ' LOOK MA NO GOV '. also Your motor will take a little time to learn the tuner

SC Cheesehead
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Ummmm, Lidio or Reinhart can fix that...

jesseman
10-24-2011, 09:29 PM
lookn at tht superchip had any dealings with that one

SC Cheesehead
10-25-2011, 03:33 AM

Lidio and Reinhart use x-Cal tuners, and have tons of experience tuning our cars with it.

03mmmonroe has been doing work with a Diablosport tuner and has had some excellent results, but has invested tons of hours doing so.

As you can see by the date of this thread, very little posted up about superchips.

Do yourself a favor, and stick with the x-Cal; IMO more bucks but a proven tuner (and tunes).

Blackened300a
10-25-2011, 06:20 AM

Yeah, I had it and sold it. Performance gains were minimal.

Marauder
10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I have this tuner also. For a basic tune / upgrade, it works great. The shift points and shift firmness are the main noticeable things. As I do more mods, I'll probably upgrade the tuner but for now, I like it.

88LTDCV351
10-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I got the superchips 1725 one off of ebay quite some time ago. I tried it once but noticed no difference. I was afraid to do all of the customizing myself. Have since bought the Lidio and haven't gotten around to installing.

Svashtar
07-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Please disregard

justbob
07-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I got the superchips 1725 one off of ebay quite some time ago. I tried it once but noticed no difference. I was afraid to do all of the customizing myself. Have since bought the Lidio and haven't gotten around to installing.

It was my very first mod. I did play around with it and never felt a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Svashtar
07-07-2017, 05:24 PM
It was my very first mod. I did play around with it and never felt a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, completely unintentional that I dusted off this ancient thread of mine. I absolutely felt a difference with harder shifts and better pickup. They also boosted the idle RPM's a bit I think, plus I liked it that it let me remove the top speed limiter and recognize the taller gears.

It was no custom tune for sure, but for the price it did a good job for an "around town" MM.

In any case someone recommended I talk to Marty, and I've sent him a PM.