PDA

View Full Version : State Fair Auto Show

cruzer
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Each year, the Lone Star Cougar Club ( our home club) has a display in the Classic Auto Corral at the Texas State Fair. This year we are the featured club on Opening Day--September 24th----we will have the Corral all to ourselves. In past years, there have been two car groups --this year we are alone. This means that we need to support them, BIG TIME---if we couild supply 8-10 Marauders, it would really make an impressive line-up, I was the only Marauder there last year I was very busy answering questions and had a great time. You have the complete run of the Fair from 8 AM til 5 PM with free admission to you and all passengers in the car. You are required to have your car there at 8 AM and leave at 5 PM. Arrive at 8 and have breakfast with the group.
The security is great---your car is inside a fence--can't be reached by the public--also, there is a grove of trees where club members have tables and chairs and someone is always there . We are between the 2 auto show buildings and it is a short walk to all the latest cars.
An application is required to get your Gate Pass and they must be submitted NOW. You can download the form from :
http://www.mercurycougars.com/FAIR_RELEASE_2004.doc
Fill it out and return at the regular meeting on Thursday 9/09/04 at John Eagle
or mail to :
Doug Bodensteiner
2320 Cross Timbers Drive
Lowry Crossing, TX 75069

Let's have :party: Maury

2003 MIB
09-09-2004, 04:14 AM
I'm signed up and ready to go, Cruzer!!- It's going to be a lot of fun!

See you this evening.

rumble
09-09-2004, 05:47 AM
Sorry, I won't be able to make it.

2003 MIB
09-09-2004, 05:59 AM
We'll sure miss you. I saw Carlos last night and he was working on your ride- looking good!!

Racerx88
09-09-2004, 06:31 AM

Ditto here.

Redster
09-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Ditto here.

sounds like fun but I'll be working

Rollin'Thunder
09-09-2004, 06:01 PM
sounds like fun but I'll be working

Yeah, what Rodster said. :argh:
Gotta make a livin'! :depress: Bill

Johnman
09-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm going to try to make it. I don't work Fridays, but I'll have to make arrangements for my boys. I'll need to send you the form since I didn't make the meeting tonight. I'll be getting in touch, Maury.

2003 MIB
09-10-2004, 03:36 AM
I'm going to try to make it. I don't work Fridays, but I'll have to make arrangements for my boys. I'll need to send you the form since I didn't make the meeting tonight. I'll be getting in touch, Maury.
Hey John!
You've got a new DTR w/a spoiler neighbor in Carrollton. His name is Mark. He didn't know they made blue. If you see him in town, pull him over...:)

jspradii
09-10-2004, 08:55 PM
Is the date the 24th or 28th? I'd like to bring the girls, since they've never been to the TSF. Heck, the last time I was there was for the OU/Texas game in 1971.

cruzer
09-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Is the date the 24th or 28th? I'd like to bring the girls, since they've never been to the TSF. Heck, the last time I was there was for the OU/Texas game in 1971.
Jim, it is Friday the 24th of Sept. The Fair officially opens that morning and we are the first to occupy the corral for this year--bring along as many as you can get in the car--everyone gets in free--looking forward to seeing you there :party:

Black Merc
09-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I havn't met any of you but would be able to make this get together. Sounds like fun! I live in the Texarkana area if you people would be interested in my participation. I want to meet marauder owners and this would be a great occasion to do this. Later Dale :party:

cruzer
09-12-2004, 07:57 PM
I havn't met any of you but would be able to make this get together. Sounds like fun! I live in the Texarkana area if you people would be interested in my participation. I want to meet marauder owners and this would be a great occasion to do this. Later Dale :party:
Dale, we would really appreciate your participation. It is a fun thing---you have free access to all the features on opening day before things get trampled down and dirty--the new auto displays are awesome and right in front of the corral--bring as many peiple as you have seat belts and make a day of it--download the form and send it in ASAP--I'll get you all the details needed as soon as it becomes available--looking forward to meeting you, cruzer

Black Merc
09-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the reply; I tried to download the application but a message tells me that my software will not allow me to download. Can you email the application to me. Thanks Dale

Johnman
09-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey John!
You've got a new DTR w/a spoiler neighbor in Carrollton. His name is Mark. He didn't know they made blue. If you see him in town, pull him over...:)
I'll keep an eye out for him! I've never seen a DTR on the road (besides our Rodster)

crowdog
09-15-2004, 11:38 AM
I would like to take part in the Lone Star Cougar club display at the Texas State Fair. Is it to late to participate?If I'm not too late please PM and I will send the form.

2003 MIB
09-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I would like to take part in the Lone Star Cougar club display at the Texas State Fair. Is it to late to participate?If I'm not too late please PM and I will send the form.
Check your PMs, Bro- Not too late!

hdwrench
09-15-2004, 07:45 PM
maybe i'll have mine by then...

2003 MIB
09-16-2004, 07:25 AM
maybe i'll have mine by then...
Even if you don't, we'd still love to meet you- come by.

hdwrench
09-16-2004, 09:54 PM
hmm... i had a salesman unexpectedly show up at my work today and throw me the keys to an 04... i had mentioned to him the other day i was still interested in one. He told me to take it for a spin, so me and a co-worker did just that. It was nice... silver with the light interior. I told him i wanted the black/charcoal so he has located me one... we'll see what happens. I may still see you at the fair. :cool4:

2003 MIB
09-17-2004, 04:43 AM
hmm... i had a salesman unexpectedly show up at my work today and throw me the keys to an 04... i had mentioned to him the other day i was still interested in one. He told me to take it for a spin, so me and a co-worker did just that. It was nice... silver with the light interior. I told him i wanted the black/charcoal so he has located me one... we'll see what happens. I may still see you at the fair. :cool4:
That all sounds very cool!-If it works out and you want to display your new Marauder in the corral at the fair- It is vital that we have a completed form on file for you. In fact, I'm going to PM you a fax number (I don't want to post it and have Martyo (or anyone else) faxing me a Xerox of his butt. Print out the form, sign it, fax it and if you don't buy the car, I'll destroy the form. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, right? Check PMs.

2003 MIB
09-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Cruzer
Crowdog
2003 MIB

I think those are the solid commitments with completed forms. Any others?

cruzer
09-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Cruzer
Crowdog
2003 MIB

I think those are the solid commitments with completed forms. Any others?
Dan, when will we be receiving instructions on how to get there and where to go to get our pass and enter the corral? I'm sure there are others that want to know.Maury

2003 MIB
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Dan, when will we be receiving instructions on how to get there and where to go to get our pass and enter the corral? I'm sure there are others that want to know.Maury
It'll be pretty easy, Maury. 0700 at the main entrance of the State Fair- Doug and I will be there and direct peopel into the corral. It's the Fair Park exit off I-30. Can't miss it (even you:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *)

*This will only be funny to Texas locals. I've followed Maury twice to different events (TMS and home from Indy) BOTH times he's managed to ditch me along the route by choosing his own path. I'm starting to get a complex:dunno:

jfclancy
09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the reply; I tried to download the application but a message tells me that my software will not allow me to download. Can you email the application to me. Thanks Dale

The LSCC prez said he would have extra forms at the gate C'mon Down.

Joe Clancy

2003 MIB
09-20-2004, 12:46 PM
The LSCC prez said he would have extra forms at the gate C'mon Down.

Joe Clancy
Good Point Joe!! We've got plenty of room and won't be turining anyone away that shows up with a performance-oriented Ford product. I figure if you're will to show up at 7:00am, you're pretty hard core- we like hard core.

Johnman
09-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I won't be there after all. I crunched the front end today. Will need new bumper and grille. Have fun, though.

cruzer
09-20-2004, 08:09 PM
I won't be there after all. I crunched the front end today. Will need new bumper and grille. Have fun, though.
John, we'll miss you and your blue baby. Hope it is back in service soon. Don't forget to come to Chuck's Saturday--see you there

2003 MIB
09-21-2004, 05:00 AM
ARGH!!!!!- you alright?

2003 MIB
09-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Just in case anyone missed it- our second favorite local Canadian sent the following email this morning:

The fair passes will be available at the gate Friday morning. Doug will be
there around 07:00. Please plan on being there no later than 08:00.

If you haven't been there before, the Classic Car Corral is at the same end
of the fair as the Women's Museum and the Veteran's Memorial. Take the 2nd
Avenue exit off I30, jog to the left at the last traffic light and then the
gate will be right there on your right.

Regards,

Bob Arnold

Johnman
09-21-2004, 03:29 PM
ARGH!!!!!- you alright?
Yeah, I'm OK. It wasn't enough to trip the airbag, and it did no visible damage to the pickup I ran into. The lady got my insurance info just in case, and as I was driving off a well-dressed lady pulled over and got out of her SUV and went to talk the lady I hit. It soon dawned on me:ambulance-chasing lawyer! Now I guess she'll claim whiplash! I know you've had some bad luck with your car too (none of it your fault), so I'm trying not to feel too sorry for myself. I'll take it to J-E on Friday. We get discounts at the body shop too, right? (I wasn't eligible last time)

Redster
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
I counted up my vacation days and think I have enough to take one Friday so I'll probably be there. The way I read the directions, we will meet at the north gate?

2003 MIB
09-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Yeah, I'm OK. It wasn't enough to trip the airbag, and it did no visible damage to the pickup I ran into. The lady got my insurance info just in case, and as I was driving off a well-dressed lady pulled over and got out of her SUV and went to talk the lady I hit. It soon dawned on me:ambulance-chasing lawyer! Now I guess she'll claim whiplash! I know you've had some bad luck with your car too (none of it your fault), so I'm trying not to feel too sorry for myself. I'll take it to J-E on Friday. We get discounts at the body shop too, right? (I wasn't eligible last time)
Yes, the labor rate is discounted. I'm just glad you're okay- the rest is just parts...

2003 MIB
09-22-2004, 04:52 AM
I counted up my vacation days and think I have enough to take one Friday so I'll probably be there. The way I read the directions, we will meet at the north gate?
I'm not that familiar with the area. I'm going to print out Bob's email and follow the directions- other folks have been there before. That's my plan.

mrjones
09-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Is it too late to get in on the car show? I'd like to come up, and bring the wife and chilluns to the fair that day. My wife has never been, and the last time that I went, the "cool new car" on a turnstile in the auto show was the brand spankin new ------ AMC GREMLIN!! I met Rodster last week at Ennis and it'd be cool to meet some more of you.

If I can still get in on the car show, I think I'm gonna come up tomorrow night, so we can be there by 7 on Fri.

2003 MIB
09-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Is it too late to get in on the car show? I'd like to come up, and bring the wife and chilluns to the fair that day. My wife has never been, and the last time that I went, the "cool new car" on a turnstile in the auto show was the brand spankin new ------ AMC GREMLIN!! I met Rodster last week at Ennis and it'd be cool to meet some more of you.

If I can still get in on the car show, I think I'm gonna come up tomorrow night, so we can be there by 7 on Fri.
PLEASE!!!!!-I would love to meet you and the family and I know the rest of the crew would like that too. If it takes signing the form at 7:00am on Friday- we'll do it. No issues.

mrjones
09-22-2004, 07:30 PM
PLEASE!!!!!-I would love to meet you and the family and I know the rest of the crew would like that too. If it takes signing the form at 7:00am on Friday- we'll do it. No issues.

All right, I'm heading that way. We're gonna leave Thu afternoon after school. Should be on the way by 4pm, and we're gonna stay at my brother's near Plano. (Murphy, Sachse, or somewhere out there).

Do I need to fill out a form and fax it beforehand, or just do it at the gate?

Black Merc
09-22-2004, 09:52 PM
I will be coming to the fair as I had said earlier. So the snail mail hasn't made it. I will just fill out another form on friday morning so count me in. Dale :banana2:

2003 MIB
09-23-2004, 03:55 AM
All right, I'm heading that way. We're gonna leave Thu afternoon after school. Should be on the way by 4pm, and we're gonna stay at my brother's near Plano. (Murphy, Sachse, or somewhere out there).

Do I need to fill out a form and fax it beforehand, or just do it at the gate?
The gate works fine for me. Short, bald guy with a smile when he sees you rolling up in a Marauder- can't miss it.

2003 MIB
09-23-2004, 03:56 AM
I will be coming to the fair as I had said earlier. So the snail mail hasn't made it. I will just fill out another form on friday morning so count me in. Dale :banana2:Awesome! See you tomorrow.

2003 MIB
09-23-2004, 03:57 AM
I will be coming to the fair as I had said earlier. So the snail mail hasn't made it. I will just fill out another form on friday morning so count me in. Dale :banana2:
Awesome! See you tomorrow.

Redster
09-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Not again, darn it.

2003 MIB
09-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Not again, darn it.
I saw that- quiote bummed. However, we had 4 heat casualties at the Lowry Crossing VFD show last Saturday. Rain=cooler & cooler= better even if we all have a few water spots (feel smart for buying DTR instead of black- you should).

mrjones
09-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Not again, darn it.

I wouldn't mind getting into a strong storm about 3/4 of the way through my trip today. For just a few miles of course. Would like to beat those damn love bugs off my car. You Dallas guys are VERY fortunate to not have to deal with those things.

weather.com shows only a 30% chance of rain for Fri, with a high of 83! That sounds pretty good after the heat at Ennis.

2003 MIB
09-23-2004, 06:12 AM
I wouldn't mind getting into a strong storm about 3/4 of the way through my trip today. For just a few miles of course. Would like to beat those damn love bugs off my car. You Dallas guys are VERY fortunate to not have to deal with those things.
WD-40 works pretty good.

cruzer
09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
I guess I'm the perpetual optomist--also bringing pancho and umbrella. Looks like a great group. See you there, Maury

Redster
09-23-2004, 07:28 PM
I guess I'm the perpetual optomist--also bringing pancho and umbrella. Looks like a great group. See you there, Maury

Plan A - Check the weather at 0500 and make up my mind. Chances are I'll be there. The car is packed.
Plan B - go back to sleep
Plan C - go to work

hdwrench
09-24-2004, 08:51 PM
so how was it? i couldnt make it.

Redster
09-25-2004, 06:51 AM
No rain for us, turned out to be a really good day. Lots of people stopped by and had questions about the cars. Unforunately, MRJones from Lufkin had to leave early because of heavy rain in Lufkin. Hope everything worked out for him.

2003 MIB
09-27-2004, 12:49 AM
No rain for us, turned out to be a really good day. Lots of people stopped by and had questions about the cars. Unforunately, MRJones from Lufkin had to leave early because of heavy rain in Lufkin. Hope everything worked out for him.
Me too!- Are you out there, Mrjones?- what's up? Our count was 23 cars (Cougars and Marauders). It was a great day with an occasional breeze. The new car buildings were cool- saw a Ford GT and a few 2005 Mustangs...The Dodge Boys probably had the best showing in my book- SRT-10s (including the new crew cab) and a Hemi Magnum- man, that's a good looking car. I ate some stuff Elvis would have passed on (too fattening). Overall, life doesn't get much better. The Marine Corps Drum and Bugle boys were there and it was the second best version of the National Anthem I've ever heard- nobody holds a candle to Jewels.

jfclancy
09-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Me too!- Are you out there, Mrjones?- what's up? Our count was 23 cars (Cougars and Marauders). It was a great day with an occasional breeze. The new car buildings were cool- saw a Ford GT and a few 2005 Mustangs...The Dodge Boys probably had the best showing in my book- SRT-10s (including the new crew cab) and a Hemi Magnum- man, that's a good looking car. I ate some stuff Elvis would have passed on (too fattening). Overall, life doesn't get much better. The Marine Corps Drum and Bugle boys were there and it was the second best version of the National Anthem I've ever heard- nobody holds a candle to Jewels.

I agree mucho A great time, ate toooo much walked way too much.
Hey Cruzer did you make it home on time ? I made it to Watauga by 1915 so you probably did .
Joe Clancy :drive: :drive:

2003 MIB
09-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I agree mucho A great time, ate toooo much walked way too much.
Hey Cruzer did you make it home on time ? I made it to Watauga by 1915 so you probably did .
Joe Clancy :drive: :drive:
Yep, that was a good day. Free Breakfast (thanks Joe), Free CDs (thanks Sam & Rod), New Marauder friends from all over the state AND Oklahoma. I'll be back next year.

crowdog
09-27-2004, 10:10 AM
My family and I had a wonderful time at the fair and I finally got to meet some of the great people from marauder.net and some of the members of The Lone Star Cougar Club. I really enjoyed it and look forward to future gatherings of great cars and great people. Special thanks to Dan and Doug.

mrjones
09-27-2004, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=2003 MIB]Me too!- Are you out there, Mrjones?- what's up?/QUOTE]

I did make it back, and just got my computer dried out and hooked back up. We got about a foot of water inside my office. By the time I got home the custodial crew had the place amazingly clean. I did have to empty and move my 75 gallon aquarium so the carpet would dry. I wonder if my fish saw any of their cousins swimming around in my office? The office is going to fare OK. The worst part seems to be that I had several employees cars that were damaged. One is even reported to be totalled - and it's a Chevy 2500 PU! I didn't get any water in my house, and that's what I was really worried about.

We did have a great time up there, it was just cut too short. I had planned on saving the car show area for last and hanging out in the classic corral at the end of the day and relaxing. My wife even said that she'd like to do it again!

It was great to meet all of you, and I hope to see y'all again soon!

2003 MIB
09-27-2004, 10:20 AM
My family and I had a wonderful time at the fair and I finally got to meet some of the great people from marauder.net and some of the members of The Lone Star Cougar Club. I really enjoyed it and look forward to future gatherings of great cars and great people. Special thanks to Dan and Doug.
You're more than welcome. Y'all are welcome back any time. This forum usually tracks our plans. Don't be a stranger.

2003 MIB
09-27-2004, 10:25 AM
It was great to meet all of you, and I hope to see y'all again soon!
It was great to finally meet y'all too. I'm glad things were okay at the house- That had to be a fast and nervous trip home. Come around when you're in this part of the world. We pride ourselves at being easy to get along with-
:thinker:

Well, except Logan but he's moving...:)

cruzer
09-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Yes, fellows, I made it home in time :drive: --all O K at the home corral. Have friends from Tampa stranded in DFW and have been with them since yesterday afternoon---just got home myself, they are leaving tomorrow--no major damage to their property. Will try to get my thoughts together tomorrow and post some pics tomorrow nite. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting our new Marauder friends. MrJones, I will probably be in Lufkin in November--will get in touch--glad things weren't bad when you got home. To all, thanks for making my day very enjoyable---see you soon, Maury

mrjones
09-28-2004, 08:27 AM
MrJones, I will probably be in Lufkin in November-

Be sure and give me a call - we'll head out to Pine Valley raceway and line'em up!!

cruzer
09-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Here are a few pics I took at the Fair--couldn't get an overall view--the group shot is our relaxing area under the big old trees---sure was nice--looking forward to next year.Maury