PDA

View Full Version : The Pike 9/11 Debrief

Dan
09-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Tonight we have the best turnout yet. There were three MM's and two Crown Vics. (I cross posted the invite on both MM.net and CV.net.)

We had one little run in with the law but I will let Frank tell you all about that one. No one was ticketed. I WILL be out buying an FRS this week for sure.

I have been taking one of the managers of the Hops out for the occasional cruise on the Pike and she really likes it. It also helps us to get into Hops without a wait. There was a 55 minute wait tonight at 7:10 and we walked in and were seated in under 5 minutes. I had called at around 5:30 just to make sure and it worked out great.

The CV guys said that they were going to bring about 7 cars next weekend. It's too bad that they will have more of a showing than we will but then there are a whole lot more of them, aren't there.

Valkyrie showed up tonight from Long Island. He liked the fact that we actually get to drive our cars on the Pike. He said that where he is on LI there is too much traffic so they wind up finding a lot and hanging out in it.

It was cool to see so many Panthers on the Pike on one strip. I am looking forward to next week.

-Dan

MENINBLK
09-13-2004, 10:53 PM
ON Long Island, everyone hangs out at the Nathan's in Oceanside, on Wednesday evenings.
It isn't just for MMs either. There all all kinds of vehicles and cycles.

:sing: :argh:

The croud is of a mixed age group, so there are both young and old drivers and sights :cool4:

It is a lot of fun, and most of the time everyone behaves themselves.

Now up north, here in Yonkers, the Kohl's parking lot (formerly Caldor's), is the site of the Thursday evening cruise night.
The age group is very young, and there are a lot of drivers that attract attention to themselves,
and keep the police working for their $$$, instead of enjoying themselves as well.
The police usually run everyone out around 11 pm.

The Yonkers Raceway is the site of the Wednesday evening Rock N Rods event.
Starts at 6 pm and runs till 9 pm. Thursday is the rain night.
The crowd here is the older age, with lots of restored classics, and lots of high powered funny cars.
The cops love this show because there is hardly any trouble here... :snoopy:

There are other shows around the area.
Guys chime in and let us know what you've seen !!!