PDA

View Full Version : Logan's Leaving Dallas...

Logan
09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
...Yep. Got a job offer I couldn't refuse. I'm relocating to Austin at the end of September. It's a pretty big deal since I've been employed where I am for over 10 years, so they were a little surprised to see a resignation letter.

Regardless, As a result, I'll be beyond busy over the course of the next month, so don't expect to see or hear too much from me.

martyo
09-12-2004, 06:45 PM
As a result, I'll be beyond busy over the course of the next month, so don't expect to see or hear too much from me.

Well, if you need me to hold some of your buttons while you are busy, just let me know....

Oh yeah, congrats in the new job. Where will you be woreking? What can you get us for free?

Joe Walsh
09-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Logan, Good Luck on your new job....BTW who is going to babysit all of us??
May I suggest Jessica Simpson :D

Paul T. Casey
Well good for you! It's always fun to surprise an employer with a resignation. I used to burn all bridges, but they just kept rebuilding them. Now, I just chase the buck and fun factor.

Haggis
...Yep. Got a job offer I couldn't refuse. I'm relocating to Austin at the end of September. It's a pretty big deal since I've been employed where I am for over 10 years, so they were a little surprised to see a resignation letter.

Regardless, As a result, I'll be beyond busy over the course of the next month, so don't expect to see or hear too much from me.

Good luck with the job and the move. The door is always open, then again you do own the keys to the lock.

woaface
09-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Congrads Logan! I hope all goes well and smoothly with you and your family. That's two here that will be trying to make good first impressions in a new cafeteria in the last two months:)

drobin
09-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Logan, congradulation and best wishes to you and your family on your new adventure.

drobin
"Donald"

FiveO
09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Good luck Logan.

Need anything just ask...

BruteForce
09-12-2004, 07:08 PM
10 years with the same employer!? Unheard of in this day & age; especially in the IT field. Will you be doing something different or just to different people. :poke:

Logan
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Tell me about it, That's what they said too. 10 years is pretty easy to do working IT in the Transportation sector.

I'll still be doing the Oracle DBA thing, though not on a production or development level. More on an Architecture/Design level, globally...It's a high level, "looking forward" type thing. My focus will be on technologies 2-3 years off from being production.

BUCKWHEAT
09-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Logan, we will be looking forward to roadtrips to Austin to visit!

03SILVERSTREAK
09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Congratulation on your new job and new work beginings-You've earned it... :up::trophy:

Bigdogjim
09-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Congrats!

Do what you need to, we'll be here:):):)

Bluerauder
09-12-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm relocating to Austin at the end of September. Good luck on the new job and new location. Here's to a smooth move to Austin. :high5:

jgc61sr2002
09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Logan - Congrats and good luck. :2thumbs:

stevengerard
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
So you will be going from a room in the basement with no windows to a first floor room with a window - congrats. Sounds like a challenging and fun job, ***** moves so fast now a days you will have to be way a head of the curve!

edit - poor spelling

bigslim
09-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Good luck on the new job and the relocation. Moves are never fun, packing and unpacking.

TAF
09-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Congratulations Logan! I spent 5 years in San Antonio...I enjoy the Metroplex a LOT...but, I'd move to Austin in a heartbeat!!! My favorite city in the Lone Star State...by far!!!!

Good Luck on the move (and don't give Marty ANY buttons!!!!)

martyo
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
(and don't give Marty ANY buttons!!!!)

Too late. The deal was struck this evening. Just step out of line Todd and poof you'll be yesterday's news....

BruteForce
09-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Tell me about it, That's what they said too. 10 years is pretty easy to do working IT in the Transportation sector.

I'll still be doing the Oracle DBA thing, though not on a production or development level. More on an Architecture/Design level, globally...It's a high level, "looking forward" type thing. My focus will be on technologies 2-3 years off from being production.

Sounds great! Working at the Architecture/Design level means you won't be constrained by things like reality & practicality. :D Let the developers work out that end. [boss hog voice]Handle it, handle it [/boss hog voice] ;)

TAF
09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Too late. The deal was struck this evening. Just step out of line Todd and poof you'll be yesterday's news....
Where's your car?

martyo
09-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Where's your car?

Unfortunatley, in the hands of a sick man.

TAF
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Unfortunatley, in the hands of a sick man.
Just remember that....

cruzer
09-12-2004, 08:54 PM
I was shocked to hear the news Thursday, but I wish you all the success you deserve. You have done a remarkable job with the site and brought all of us together. The North Texas Marauders will always be here for you--just say the word and we'll do our best to take care of it. Looking forward to a trip to Austin in the future. Good Luck and God Bless you and your family, cruzer

Rollin'Thunder
09-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Logan, We'll miss you at all of the local gatherings. Good luck on you new endeavor! God bless you and your family! Rollin'Thunder

BillyGman
09-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Good Luck Logan. I can relate to you being w/the same company for awhile. I've been working where I'm at for the past 24 years. Good paying jobs tend to keep you there.

2003 MIB
09-13-2004, 03:50 AM
I was shocked to hear the news Thursday, but I wish you all the success you deserve.
As I recall, Cruzer-you were shocked because you thought he said, "Boston" not "Austin"...That would have been a mind-blower. I hear they have winter in Boston.

Bradley G
09-13-2004, 03:58 AM
congrats Logan,I was worried for a second "Logans' leaving"I hope thier Good to u ,where u are going!WoW lots of changes for u new job,car?, family, house.Keep smiling Dude !Someone told me after the twins were born "God does'nt give multiple births to the meek hearted"

2003 MIB
09-13-2004, 04:19 AM
Good luck on the new job and the relocation. Moves are never fun, packing and unpacking.
Good Morning Slim,
I won't give too much away by telling you who has lured him to Austin but "packing and unpacking" won't be on Logan's list of things to do. The man is riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels- a crew will be performing such tasks. All he really has to do is pick out a place for them to move his stuff. It's a sweet deal and he deserves all of it.:2thumbs:

MAD-3R
09-13-2004, 04:40 AM
Sooo Logan...
does that mean your current employer would be looking for a database type? I don't have any certs or such, but I can keep things running. :)

Logan
09-13-2004, 05:16 AM
I don't mind forwarding it on, send it to me.

cyclone03
09-13-2004, 06:57 AM
COOL,
The Center of the Mercury Marauder.net universe will be 60 miles from my house!

Congrats Logan,as Taf said Austin is very nice and much less Ice in Austin!

stevengerard
09-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Austin is very nice and much less Ice in Austin!

And home of Lance Armstrong, which is kind of funny, I'm a cycling nut yet my MM is the best of my cars with mpg - go figure - I guess it doesn't matter what type of transportation it is - I like it fast.

jfclancy
09-13-2004, 12:28 PM

Take care and be safe sounds like new oppotunities ahead.

Joe Clancy :2thumbs:

CRUZTAKER
09-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Very good man...onward and upward!:2thumbs:

blue92
09-13-2004, 12:56 PM

Swwweeeeeettt hope this means we will get to see that supercharged MM on the fall and spring runs now that they'll be in your back yard. If ya have a free second on Oct. 16th we will be drivin the scenic route down through Bandera over to Rocksprings then up to Kerrville. Then next year the 3rd weekend of April 2005 will be the spring run right there in Austin around Lake Travis.

Good luck on the new job too.

:bounce: :bounce:

Smokie
09-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Logan, I'm very glad good things are happening to you and your family. Hope the move is uneventful.

SouLRioT
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
I hope you dont use the same trailer company as the other moving trip you went on.....

SergntMac
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
God's speed my friend, keep us posted on developments.

Petrograde
09-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Congrats on the new job,... I look forward to any meets you might put together down there,... now that I'm only 45 minutes away!!!

Tallboy
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
all the best!:up:

Dan
09-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Cool. While you are gone can I go and restart all of the threads that I have had locked/deleted/truncated? :hide::wasntme:

What? NO????

Well, I didn't think I could anyway. :loco:

Seriously, all the best with the new gig. As you look 2-3 years down the road try to see where you are in the view. :nerd: :)

-Dan

Dan
09-13-2004, 06:54 PM
God's speed my friend, keep us posted on developments.

See, Sarge?

If God can speed then so can we. :Offtopic:

OK, back on topic now.

-dan

Johnman
09-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, I'm sad to see our esteemed website leader move from the DFW area. Good luck and God Bless, Logan. Austin ain't Vancouver, but it's prettier than our area. Be sure to check out Lake Travis, and the live music scene. And take the MM out on some scenic drives through the hill country. Dang, now I'm getting jealous!

chrish
09-13-2004, 07:42 PM
new car ,new job.......... what is next? :drink: :high5:

blue92
09-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Be sure to check out Lake Travis, and the live music scene. And take the MM out on some scenic drives through the hill country. Dang, now I'm getting jealous!

Yea Logan check out FM 2769 to Lime Creek Rd. to FM 1431 to Marble Falls. Best twistys in the state of Texas.

:burn: :bounce:

MENINBLK
09-13-2004, 10:29 PM

Hi Logan,

I'm right there with ya !
Passed my 10th anniversary with my employer this past July. :party1:

Nothing is the same, and the the people sailing the ship think it is a submarine! :eek:
Its geeting close to that time for me also.

I've been looking for something that offers similiar financial support, flexible hours,
and job security, which I had when I started this gig, and it disappeared after the stock market crash, and 9/11.
I got something I found that is interesting, :thinker: and it isn't a get rich quick scheme either,
but this it not the place to discuss it.

Good Luck with the new venture, and I hope you can stand it for another 10 years !!! :bows:

Bigdogjim
09-13-2004, 10:50 PM
new car ,new job.......... what is next? :drink: :high5:

Easy..."Towncar.net" :lol: :lol:

Racerx88
09-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Congratulations Logan on the new job. So, you gonna have a garage sale? I'll bet you've got all sorts of neat MM goodies you won't want to move.........

FordNut
09-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Congratulations Logan on the new job. So, you gonna have a garage sale? I'll bet you've got all sorts of neat MM goodies you won't want to move.........
Speaking of a GARAGE....

mtnh
09-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Say, Logan, you're not working FOR Oracle, are you? We have a site there.

Good luck, wherever the new job is!

Mike :type:

ik04
10-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome to Central Texas, Logan.

After spending a week in Dallas on a business trip, I can appreciate the improvement in scenery moving four hours south.

With me and Tom just a few minutes away, there are enough of us to form a CenTex Marauder club. I know there are a few other folks around here, too.

How about that Oracle 10g? (note the avatar)

Kevin

Amsoil_Dealer
10-12-2004, 06:19 AM
Good Luck Logan,

Better load up on Amsoil before you leave Dallas!!! You don't want to have pay freight charges to Austin.

Don.

chrish
10-12-2004, 05:42 PM
everyone in the world needs to buy a DELL unit..............DEll RULES.........o,ya so ,does MY ........TOP04' :burnout:

Redster
10-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Say, Logan, you're not working FOR Oracle, are you? We have a site there.

Good luck, wherever the new job is!

Mike :type:

As they say at the Railhead BBQ. "Life is too short to live in Dallas"

Racerx88
10-13-2004, 08:04 AM
As they say at the Railhead BBQ. "Life is too short to live in Dallas"
That's funny coming from someone who lives in far west Dallas, oh, I mean Ft. Worth. :lol:

jfclancy
10-14-2004, 06:43 AM
:beer: :beer:
That's funny coming from someone who lives in far west Dallas, oh, I mean Ft. Worth. :lol:

THAT is NOT funny .... well maybe a little bit, Hey Logan You get moved Yet?

You will be missed!
Joe Clancy
Watauga TEXAS !! :beer: :beer: :beer: