PDA

View Full Version : Any good detailers in the Philly Area?

EbonyMarauder03
09-12-2004, 06:51 PM
I am looking for a good detailer, especially with black cars. I've waxed my car several times and wash it once a week and it still looks crappy. I know our paint isn't the greatest but the car isn't that old either. :cheesed: :banghead:

Marauder
09-13-2004, 05:42 AM
I am looking for a good detailer, especially with black cars. I've waxed my car several times and wash it once a week and it still looks crappy. I know our paint isn't the greatest but the car isn't that old either. :cheesed: :banghead:

I had the same issue with my car. What I did before I waxed it on Saturday is run a clay bar over it and I tell ya, it looks much better than any other times I've waxed. That clay bar came out soooo dirty with the contaminants that we on the paint and the car was clean because I had just washed it. Its not as perfect as other cars I've had but it made a world of difference and I was very pleased with the result.

Haggis
09-13-2004, 06:11 AM
I had the same issue with my car. What I did before I waxed it on Saturday is run a clay bar over it and I tell ya, it looks much better than any other times I've waxed. That clay bar came out soooo dirty with the contaminants that we on the paint and the car was clean because I had just washed it. Its not as perfect as other cars I've had but it made a world of difference and I was very pleased with the result.

Wash your car with Dawn dish soap first, it wil remove a lot more dirty off your car including the wax/polish. Then clay bar your car and wash it again with a good car soap. Then rewax your car using a good quality wax/polish. You should notice a hugh difference. Every so often I wash my car stripping off the wax/polish and then rewax it. By the way I use Zanio and am completely satisfied with the results. Also when applying your wax all top surfaces hood, roof and trunk apply wax in the direction of bumpers using back and forth strokes, not circular or side to side. On the sides fenders and doors apply in up and down strokes. When buffing the wax out use the same strokes. I hope this helps.

Bigdogjim
09-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Check your pm's:up:

EbonyMarauder03
09-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the good advice. I knew about dishwashing soap to strip wax without getting stoned on bug and tar remover or other mild solvent. I've never used a clay bar. Any tips on that? :welcome:

Got your PM big dog, I'll give you a shout soon. Thanks. :blah:

Tallboy
09-13-2004, 06:37 PM
had mine done buy a guy who owns a detail supply company. the car was washed with filtered water, and a body-shop type wax stripper was used. the car was clay-blocked twice, then buffed with four star swirl mark remover using a porter cable polisher. then a coat of wax was applied by hand. even though i bought this car used, it looks better many than many new cars i have seen. the results obtainable by someone who knows how to do a black car are remarkable.

Haggis
09-15-2004, 09:20 AM
... I've never used a clay bar. Any tips on that? :welcome:

Do a small area at a time, keep the area wet that you are clay barring and rinse the area immediately after you are done. Don't let it dry on the car. Wax on wax off.

tomd
09-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Try the new Turtle wax Platinum Series
Ultra Gloss Paste Wax :cheer:

Extraordinary formula of pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax combined with Bavarian Montan wax to provide maximum shine, perfect clarify and deep gloss to a car's finish. Formulated with fluoropolymer resins to fill in minor scratches and swirl marks. Layering several coats of Platinum Series Wax will further enhance the shine and clarity of the car's finish.

I've wax my Marauder twice with it, and man does it shine! I have had 3 people in the last 30 days tell me I have one hell of a shiny car and one of them owned a body shop, he wanted to know did I have it repainted!
I've used Zymol and Zaino, Zaino is very good, don't get me wrong but I now like Platinum Series Ultra Gloss Paste Wax. Try it, it should only set you back about $7.00 or $8.00. I used the paste wax.

Good luck

EbonyMarauder03
09-15-2004, 06:29 PM
I have that paste at home. What i need to do is prep the car so the wax job looks as good as possible.