wesman
09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Just got this back from Stoptech.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:29 AM
To: Wes Sumner
Subject: RE: StopTech

Wes,
I'll present this to the team. I'd say it will fall fairly low on the priority list given everything else that we have in development right now. Unfortunately, I just don't think the market will be that huge. However, we'll research it nonetheless. What message boards do you frequent for the car? Thanks.

Jeff Ritter
Sales Manager the Americas
StopTech LLC
(310) 325-4799 x104

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 5:39 AM
To: Jeff Ritter
Subject: RE: StopTech

Jeff I bought an '03 Marauder, there is a heck of lot of guys on the message boards upgrading to KVR brakes. Maybe you guys could put together a 14" kit for us? We have 18inch wheels stock.
Baer makes a 14" kit for it.
Wes.

Here is a Viper front kit.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%20II/aa/ViperFrontkit.jpg

http://www.stoptech.com/

they don't list one for the Lightning but it is available.

Todd TCE
09-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Wes,

There is actually a 14" kit for your car with fixed mount calipers already on the market. And yes, (I'd agree the market is quite small.) Produced by the forums own vendor; TCE Performance Products.

While I offer and sell mostly the 13.1" kit for the STOCK WHEEL, there exists the larger 14" kit using 1.25 rotors rather than the 1.10" flavor. This kit consists of the radial mount Wilwood BSL6 and all proper parts and pieces for a complete installation.

You not knowing the history; the original 14" kit is on Logans car as you read this and does clear the stock wheel (using supplied .065" spacer), however I was not completely satisfied with the final product and we agreed that the application should use a beefier 1.25" rotor. While fine for street use it simply could or should be better. So we made it better. The down side is that to do it compromised the wheel clearance to the caliper. So.....the long and short of it is this: 13.1" kit for stock wheels, 14" kits for aftermarket wheels with more clearance. This is the same issue you'd have with the ST kits if they chose to produce it for you, and in fact some of their calipers are even larger in width thus compromising wheel clearance more than I do!

Let me know if you'd like more info, or you can find me in the vendor section.

wesman
09-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks I did read about Logan's experience. I just wanted to see if Stoptech could help.