PDA

View Full Version : 10sec SS article in SuperChevy makin me say Hmmmmmmm

tetsu
01-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Got my spanky new copy of Super Chevy yesterday. *ducks*

Anyways, they had a write up on a 10 second SS that was squeezing almost 900 hp (crank) on 16psi of turbo boost.

The car was pretty hardcore looking (ie all the money was spent for tenths.)

Anyways in one shot of a launch, it was almost getting air (ON THE RIGHT FRONT!)

Anyone doing turbo rigs on the DOHC motors?

I could see my MM being a ratty bastich like that in 8 years, I wouldn't mind at all if it could run 10s. :)

LincMercLover
01-22-2003, 10:24 AM
"I owe you a ten second car"
-The Fast and the Furious (good story line, bad cars...)

mtnh
01-22-2003, 10:43 AM
lml. Your age is showing!

Johnny,

not sure how they are doing it, but it would be interesting to read about how that visitor here has his Marauder cranking out over 1K HP. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but it still escapes me. Now, my age is showing... but I don't recall if he ever said how it was done. Maybe it's running one of them electric superchargers.

Mike

tetsu
01-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Last time I was at the strip I saw a 10 sec Honda Civic with front slicks and a chute. It did not have limited slip either. It did have a BIG HONKIN TURBO.

tetsu
01-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by mtnh
lml. Your age is showing!

Johnny,

not sure how they are doing it, but it would be interesting to read about how that visitor here has his Marauder cranking out over 1K HP. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but it still escapes me. Now, my age is showing... but I don't recall if he ever said how it was done. Maybe it's running one of them electric superchargers.

Mike

Cool! I just picked one of them up on ebay for $40! Now all I need is a couple of AAs and I'll be roastin them! ;)

Johnny

LightningVic
01-22-2003, 12:21 PM
electric superchargers? good god i hope you dont mean those plastic fans you stick in your intake track. I feel like I want to slap the inventor of that.