PDA

View Full Version : Race / Meet Opportunity

HookedOnCV
09-16-2004, 08:03 PM
OK, the cooler weather is starting to come around here, and the early mornings are for sure cool enough to get some new 1/4 mile times for your car. You've had a chance to do some mods and maybe some tuning over the summer...now its time to see if it has all paid off!

Since the closest 1/4 mile drag strip around the Twin Cities is in Eau Claire, WI...that's where we are headed! Rock Falls Raceway www.rockfallsraceway.com

Here are the details from their web site;

Muscle Car Races

When: Saturday, September 25.

Gates Open at 7:30 a.m., Time Trials at 9 a.m. with Eliminations at 1 p.m. The cost to race is $35 and to watch is $10. Class Eliminations will be conducted in 1/4 second increments. For example, if your car runs 12:33 your class would be 12:26 to 12:50 and so on. If you win two rounds of competition, you win a trophy. For the unfortunate losers of 1st and 2nd round we will have a Consolation Race. These eliminations will be run bracket racing style with dial-ins. We will also have some head to head competition between different manufacturers, i.e., Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc. Further details will follow later. General NHRA rules apply. Street, DOT or slicks allowed. Open exhaust or mufflers also allowed.

Also, because of some phone calls we have received to clarify what we will accept for a Muscle Car, anything that is 1972 and older is accepted but we will also accept any late model muscle car from '73 to present.

For further information contact Jennifer at (715) 858-0170 or jennifer@rockfallsraceway.com.

I emailed Jennifer about our cars qualifying as "Muscle Cars", and she said absolutely YES! This means we will get to have a few runs down the track to figure out our dial in times in the morning, and go head to head potentially with a Chevy or Dodge later in the day!!!

This should be a great day for our big American cars (i.e. NO RICERS!?!?!?). The sport compacts have their own days at Rock Falls Raceway, and this is now our turn!
:hotrice:

Breakfast anyone???

For those of you who are NOT interested (or can't make a commitment for a good part of the day) in going to the drag strip, then how about meeting for breakfast at 7:00-7:15 AM at the Perkins in Hudson, WI? Just across the state line on I94, exit on Carmichael Road, then take the frontage road back to Perkins.

Map to Perkins (www.infospace.com/mapredir.htm?op=movemap&otmpl=ypv3/map.htm&lat=44.9622&long=-92.7371&QA=805+Dominion+Drive&QC=Hudson&QS=WI&QZ=54016&w=478&h=359>Map of </a>)

Even if no one wants to eat, we can still meet in the parking lot and talk for a bit until around 8 AM when we complete our journey to Rock Falls Raceway.

This announcement is subject to change based on feedback from YOU!!! So let's get a head count on who is interested...

HookedOnCV
09-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Where is everybody? :coffee: I've got a response from FiveO on the CrownVic.Net board so far and thats it!!!

I'd like to see some more Marauders show up for this thing if possible. If you haven't run yours yet, this is a great opportunity to do so. $35 instead of their $85 test and tune ($85 is an outrageous sum of money if you ask me) to race this Saturday. Hell if you don't want to race, just come for the time trials and see what your car will do.

FiveO and I will be there. I do hope more can show up, but I'm not going to let the lack of responses bring me down. I am looking forward to this weekend...the weather is supposed to be nice, my car is running well, and I am going to try out my BF Goodrich drag radials for the first time ever instead of my crappy factory tires.

Todd

FiveO
09-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Hoping to break into the 12's on my stock tires... :D

Cya there HOCV!