PDA

View Full Version : Blower installed this weekend

carfixer
09-20-2004, 07:19 PM
JoeB had owned an '03 MM and sold it because he didn't feel there was enough high performance aftermarket for it. That was before he met Jerry. Joe is with the IMOA and was in Indy with all of us. In Indy, Jerry threw him the keys to Trilogy2. The rest is history. He now owns a Trilogy S/C'd MM.

Right after Indy, Joe bought a brand new '04 black MM. Before he even got it home, he ordered his Trilogy S/C and contacted me for the install. He took the 3 hour drive over this past weekend and we tackled the install. The kit is an installer's dream. It is complete with every nut, bolt, screw, wire and connector, and every part is clearly labeled. The installation manual is very comprehensive and easy to follow. The install went very well. The next thing was the road test. :burnout:

OMG, this car is an absolute MONSTER. Instant on boost created so much low end torque, it will melt the tires right off, if you let it. It has no other high performance mods, just the Trilogy. We attached my G-Tech Pro Comp (http://www.gtechpro.com/) to it and took it for a couple of 0-60 runs. With 2 of us in the car, full tank of gas, 150 lbs in the trunk and 90 degrees, we ripped off a 0-60 in 5.4 seconds on our first run!!!! That was with plenty of traction problems. I'm sure it's capable of a sub 5.0 second time with better conditions.

I have a feeling Joe is gonna hurt a lot of feelings in West Palm Beach with this car. :)

hdwrench
09-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Sounds like the install was pretty straight forward... how long did it take and does it require any special tools?

Krytin
09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Yeah - what he said.
Stock rear gears?

JFB
09-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Carfixer is the man!!! He did a great job installing my Trilogy supercharger kit. You won't find a better mechanic anywhere. He has 15 years expeience at a L/M dealer, and it shows. He restored my confidence that their are some people who still take pride in their work. And yes, the car screams!!!!!!

JFB
09-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Yes, stock gears.

FiveO
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
:cool5: :high5: :drive: :surprise:

:party:

My Trilogy did the same thing...surprised the heck out of me.

With the Kooks system it pulls to full redline at over 6000 rpm's like nothing....its amazing.

BTW: What kit number? Just curious...!

carfixer
09-20-2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds like the install was pretty straight forward... how long did it take and does it require any special tools?

The install took a full day and then some. The only special tool needed was a spline tool to remove the alternator pulley and the kit comes with one.

hdwrench
09-20-2004, 07:49 PM
im taking my harley to a shop tomorrow to be sold on consignment. WIth that cash I am thinking of getting the trilogy and using the rest as a downpayment on an 04. :cuke:

FiveO
09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
im taking my harley to a shop tomorrow to be sold on consignment. WIth that cash I am thinking of getting the trilogy and using the rest as a downpayment on an 04. :cuke:
Don't think.....just do :)

You won't be disappointed on the performance...

CRUZTAKER
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Very cool Claude....! How handy to have YOU as a neighbor!:up:

And BTW: I bought one of those cordless impact wrenches you showed me at Indy.

Logan
09-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Joe, glad to see you got your ride, supercharged no less!!!

BillyGman
09-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Congratulations Joe!!! Eveyone who chooses the Trilogy Supercharger for thier Marauder reacts the same way. It simply transforms this car into a true "Muscle" car, or "Muscle" sedan.

As long as you're used to working on cars, and are mechanically inclined, then you can easily perform this installation. Carfixer wasn't kidding about the Trilogy installation manual. It's by far the best, and most specific manual I've ever seen in my life. There's absolutely NOTHING generic, or universal about it. It's specifically for a Marauder only. It has color pictures of the exact Marauder parts you'll be working on, throughout the entire booklet. It takes you specifically step by step through the installation.

The installation is time consuming, but there's nothing difficult about it. I think that the toughest part for me was mounting the electric water pump for the intercooler. And even doing that wasn't that bad, since the Trilogy manual shows you a picture of a Marauder for that step too, and you see exactly where it's mounted. It was just a bit tough getting into that area w/a full sized hand drill, so I used a dremel tool w/a drill bit to drill the two mounting holes, and it worked great. Below is page six of the Trilogy manual which lists all the tools that you'll need. As you can see, it's a very brief list........

If anyone ever told me that I could install a Supercharger myself on my Marauder, I'd have told them "NO WAY!". But once I got a good look of that Trilogy Installation manual, I thought to myself...."Hey, I can do this".... and so I did. I just can't see anyone saying anything bad about it. It turns the car into a complete monster at full throttle, and at less than half throttle, you don't even know it's there. And it doesn't effect the daily driveability of the car at all. Infact, my Marauder is still my daily driver that gets me to work just like it always was. And I'll be driving it in the snow this winter, just as I did last winter......

Cobra25
09-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Congratulation's Joe! I quess you will be bringing your S/C Marauder to the Next Meet ! Carfixer does great work , he's did some work on my Marauder & I was impressed.

JFB
09-21-2004, 09:44 AM
I definitely plan to be at the next meet. Kit serial # 46

SergntMac
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Serious congrats in order, another blown MM on the blacktop...WhooWhee Baby!

MikesMerc
09-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Enjoy! :burn: