PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy install manual

Bradley G
09-21-2004, 03:06 PM
anybody willing to part with thier copy of the Trilogy installation kit? not permently. maybe for a month or so (:food: or sell if it's not too much)

Logan
09-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Why would you need one?

Bradley G
09-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Part of the ground work for eventually aquiring the kit.Is yours for lease /sale??:o
Why would you need one?

Logan
09-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Ummm.. The manual is included with the kit... I fail to understand why you'd need one before you had a kit.

If you just want to looky-loo, just call Trilogy, they can probably email you a copy in pdf form.

Butch
09-21-2004, 06:07 PM
They will email it to you if you ask. That is what I did before I got my kit. I wanted to "study" the install before taking it on myself.

Jerry Barnes
09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
If anyone needs the digital version of the install manual, just let me know. I will have it sent to you a.s.a.p. And yes, customers have requested the manual to better understand what's involved in the installation. I don't blame them. Just call me at the office and I will get it to you! (313)336-6135. If I am not available, just ask for Renata.

Thanks!

Have a good one!

Jerry

Logan
09-22-2004, 09:55 AM
I blame them Jerry! I blame them ALL!!! Mooohahahhahahah!

A REAL ethusiast doesn't even NEED a manual... right? right!?! :up:

Jerry Barnes
09-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Well Logan, I think I would need one! I am not as smart as you! ha ha ha

BillyGman
09-22-2004, 11:24 PM
I blame them Jerry! I blame them ALL!!! Mooohahahhahahah!

A REAL ethusiast doesn't even NEED a manual... right? right!?! :up:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" :hide: :D ..... (what movie???)

Bradley G
09-23-2004, 04:52 AM
thanks to all!! I will S/c the MM someday.I would have to be a little financially more secure to sustain a large warranty claim.I was curious to understand if I will have to consider paying for install or If it's something I can do .It won't take much encouragement. I've already been infected by Jerry Barnes in a ride in Trilogy #1:woohoo:

Logan
09-23-2004, 04:55 AM
The install is simple. About 10 hours of work start to finish in your garage with common hand tools. Only exception is a grinder to grind down the aluminum knock sensor bosses. No biggie there. The other piece of advice would be to soak the EGR Nut on the driver's side exhaust manifold in penetrating oil, then just before you start, run down to the local exhaust shop and have them crack that nut for you, much easier on a lift. Then just leave it undone, go home and start the install per the manual.

Bradley G
09-23-2004, 05:05 AM
The install is simple. About 10 hours of work start to finish in your garage with common hand tools. Only exception is a grinder to grind down the aluminum knock sensor bosses. No biggie there. The other piece of advice would be to soak the EGR Nut on the driver's side exhaust manifold in penetrating oil, then just before you start, run down to the local exhaust shop and have them crack that nut for you, much easier on a lift. Then just leave it undone, go home and start the install per the manual.You make it sound soooo easy!!I am fairly compitent (lousy speller) If I feel it's something I can handle, then that's just gon'na mean I can do it sooner than later.:sunshine: Thanks Logan for the reassuance. If I could swing it, I'd buy yours"ready to roll"Good luck with all the changes going on with you and Yours!! Keep Smiling Dude.:cuke:

Butch
09-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Logan - 10 hours???? Kind of optimistic there aren't we for someone doing a first time install???

A first timer should consider it taking around 18 hours, or more if they are not familar with the sizes of bolts and such, just by looking at them, plus the extra time of checking behind yourself to make sure everything is done right.

It took me 16.5 hours, WITH an experienced mechanic helping, who could just look at a bolt, and say "10mm", instead of having to try different wrenches. My total time ended up being 18 hours due to a problem with the car's computer needing to be replaced, but that story is in a different thread.

I think that now, after doing one, I could problably do it again in about 12 hours, since I don't have to take the extra time to interpet what the manual says. On my first install, we were being VERY careful to make sure that what we were reading was well understood, so that we didn't have to go back and fix something later! You especially find yourself doing these "rechecks" when you start getting tired.

Just don't get the guy's hopes all up about doing this in one day, if he does it himself. I just don't see it happening. He'll already be nervous enough about tearing apart his car, and if the 10 hour mark comes up, and he is only half way through, he might get worried that he is doing something wrong!

BillyGman
09-23-2004, 02:12 PM
I gotta go along w/what Butch said here. If you can install that entire S/Cer kit in 10 hours, then you're either one of the fastest workers around, or you've perfromed atleast ten of these exact same installations on Marauders yourself, or both. I believe that it even takes Lidio more than 10 hours to perfrom the installation, and I'm sure that his shop has done mopre than anyone has on Marauders.

I'll be the first to admit that I tend to work at a very slow, deliberate, and methodical pace, and that the installation of the Trilogy kit was the first and only time I've ever installed a S/Cer on any car. But the installation took me over 30 hours. I'm sure that many people can get the job done quicker than I did, but I was in no hurry, and I was working completely by myself on the entire job w/the exception of perhaps a 2 hour time frame when I had some minor help from my brother. It definately is a time consuming job, but it was fairly easy and straigh forward, and I'd have to say that anyone who is mechanically inclined can successfully accomplish it. Just get a look at the Trilogy Motorsports installation manual, and you'll see what I mean. There are color pictures on almost every page!!!

Jerry Barnes
10-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Bradley,

Talk to Ned Nuss today and gave him you emails. He said he would start to look into it. I will see him tomorrow and I will ask him what he thinks.

Thanks

Bradley G
10-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Well a big thanks to a very generous member here,For shipping thier copy of the Trilogy Supercharger manual. I have read it cover to cover several times.All I can say is when it's in the cards $$ wise, "I'm in". And a thanks to Jerry Barnes, for following up on my steering wheel vibe.I had'nt noticed this post till today. I will be interested to hear what Mr. Nuss has to say.The only proceedure in the install that frightens me is grinding the knock sensor boss's down on the block.(They are re located)

BillyGman
10-29-2004, 01:00 AM
The only proceedure in the install that frightens me is grinding the knock sensor boss's down on the block.(They are re located)
That shouldn't "frighten" you at all. I used a cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool. You can also use a cut-off wheel with a die grinder, or perhaps even a small angle grinder. The boss is pretty soft metal (aluminum) so it doesn't take that long. Take a scale or the depth measuring side of a dial caliper tool, and measure 3/16" ( 0.187" ) from the top of the boss and draw a line around the circumfrence of it with a black marker. And simply grind the bosses down until you can just barely see the mark you've made, or use a cut-off wheel like I did, and cut right at the line you've made with the marker. You just have to cover everything up to make sure that the aluminum shavings don't get everywhere. I think it took me 10 minutes, and I tend to work at a very deliberate, slow, & methodical pace.

Bradley G
10-29-2004, 04:09 AM
Yeah Billy Gman,
thanks for your post on tricks to help me get over the thought of taking a grinder to the engine block.If it took you, an experienced wrench 30 hours to complete the install.I'll plan on being at it for a week.I too, won't be in any hurry to complete the install.(easy to say now) I was curious to know how long I have to purchace Jerry Barnes' Trilogy kit.If I wait till my warranty is over I'm afraid there may not be kits available.Jerry Barnes claimed Trilogy Motorsports plans to produce 200?? or so kits.I'm sure that is based on demand.My factory warranty ends in two years. the Ford service contract doesn't end for 60 months.In five years a lot can happen.When I bought the MM,I showed my bro in law and he said " Man, You could put a blower on this thing it would be AWSOME!!" At the time, I had no desire to change the car.A few weeks later I found this site by accident,a short time later 8 mo. I have been to several MM events and have done several Mods. Thanks to this site and you guys that make up the community.:D Bradley G

FiveO
10-29-2004, 05:03 AM
Bradley...

Any problems with your Marauder....Ford is going to try and blame on the reprogrammed chip or 4.10's. I wouldn't even trust (most) dealerships that say...No..those mods won't void your warranty..... Because when something does happen....you're at their mercy.

Give it another year or so if needed....but don't wait 5 years to put the Trilogy on. It may void your engine warranty...but then again....FoMoCo will try and get around it anyway with what you've already done.

I have a special place in my heart for FoMoCo and its warranty issues since they screwed and continue to screw the V8 SHO community with the ongoing catastrophic failing camshafts.

If my engine ever fails....she'll be getting rebuilt from the ground up with beefed up internals and 426rwhp will be a blip on the dyno screen on the way up the graph.

Enjoy life while you can....don't wait the 5 years! :D

Bradley G
10-29-2004, 05:24 AM
Hey FiveO, Thanks for your reply. I know I'll never be able to wait that long 5 yrs. If I could swing it I'd call Jerry on his cell phone todayand place an order. I am not employed right now, this would give my wife a breakdown.I haven't chipped the car only loaded Lidio's program to the EEC.I understand Ford won't cover anything on the rear end now, but I could'nt help myself:rolleyes:

FiveO
10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
You'll get there Bradley G....give it some time.

Good things come to those who wait!

BillyGman
10-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Brad, I pretty much see this the way FiveO does. Obviously your situation right now doesn't make it easy for you to spend the $$ right now, so that's perfectly understandable, and I hope things change for the better for you soon whether you plan on S/Cing your marauder or not. Another reason why I installed the S/Cer on my Marauder after it had merely 11K on it's clock is because my thinking is, why would I want to install a S/Cer that's going to add well over 100 HP to the wheels, when the engine already has 50K miles or more on it? I figured that if I was going to S/C the engine, that I didn't want to wait until it was already a little tired. I wanted to do it while it was still pretty fresh. Anyway, hopefully things will look up for you soon. And as far as shaving that boss on the engine goes, it's no biggie. It isn't like your weakening the engine block or anything. It's only a boos which is obviously a small area where an extra chunk of aluminum was casted into the block to accomadate a threaded hole. Which BTW wouldn't be needed anymore due the relocation of the sensor.

MARAUDER S/C #5
10-29-2004, 02:09 PM
You'll get there Bradley G....give it some time.

Good things come to those who wait!Good things also come to those who don't wait.............

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/22401MOD.JPG

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/2240EATON-112.JPG

Bradley G
10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
I want to put a Trilogy on the MM as bad as you want to drive or ride the GT40 Billy,Make sense about supercharging sooner than later.Do you think the MM will be tired at 50 k?I sure hope not. I don't want you guys to think for a second that I am unhappy in any way shape or form,about being out of work.
Brad, I pretty much see this the way FiveO does. Obviously your situation right now doesn't make it easy for you to spend the $$ right now, so that's perfectly understandable, and I hope things change for the better for you soon whether you plan on S/Cing your marauder or not. Another reason why I installed the S/Cer on my Marauder after it had merely 11K on it's clock is because my thinking is, why would I want to install a S/Cer that's going to add well over 100 HP to the wheels, when the engine already has 50K miles or more on it? I figured that if I was going to S/C the engine, that I didn't want to wait until it was already a little tired. I wanted to do it while it was still pretty fresh. Anyway, hopefully things will look up for you soon. And as far as shaving that boss on the engine goes, it's no biggie. It isn't like your weakening the engine block or anything. It's only a boos which is obviously a small area where an extra chunk of aluminum was casted into the block to accomadate a threaded hole. Which BTW wouldn't be needed anymore due the relocation of the sensor.

Bradley G
10-29-2004, 02:25 PM
I want to put a Trilogy on the MM as bad as you want to drive or ride the GT40 Billy,Make sense about supercharging sooner than later.Do you think the MM will be tired at 50 k?I sure hope not. I don't want you guys to think for a second that I am unhappy in any way shape or form,about being out of work.I guess I'm gonna have to return to ensure the probability of obtaining this.

BillyGman
10-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I want to put a Trilogy on the MM as bad as you want to drive or ride the GT40 Billy Uh, well, I don't know if that can be possible, cuz I'd almost do anything for that. :D ,Make sense about supercharging sooner than later.Do you think the MM will be tired at 50 k?I sure hope not.I'm simply saying that given the choice, I don't think that people who plan on this modification should wait, especially if it's only a matter of the warantee. Many engines are already burning a little bit of oil by 50 or 60K. But that might depend on how hard you drive it too. However, other than a few people here and there who just want a fast car in order to brag about how fast it would be if and when they did ever decide to hit the go pedal, most people who seriously think about Supercharging their car DO drive it pretty hard. I don't want you guys to think for a second that I am unhappy in any way shape or form,about being out of work. LOL!! Hmmmm, now that last comment can be taken a few different ways. :D