PDA

View Full Version : TCE to release SS Hose Kits

Todd TCE
09-22-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm happy to report that I will have finalized a stainless steel hose kit for the MM in the very near future and be offering it to owners in two forms.

The request for REAR hoses for those with aftermarket front brakes sparked the design of the rear hoses and thus the decision to offer both a 'Rear kit' as well as a full on 'Four Hose Kit' for the car.

In addtion to the hoses themselves, the kits will include the TCE designed mounting bracket to replicate the stock anchor for ease of installation. These are the same anchors used in the brake kit so qty is limited at this time as I gauge interest in this kit.

Pricing of these kit as follows;
Front kit only $89
Rear kit only $89
Four line kit $169

Orders placed and PREPAID prior to October 8th:
Front kit only $79
Rear kit only $79
Four line kit $149

This discount is being offered to evaluate the need for additional brackets and fund their run if required.

If you are in the market for hoses specific to the MM this is an excellent time to consider a purchase!

Please call or email your specific needs.

BruteForce
09-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Will these hose kits fit BAER brakes (front & rear)? If so, count me in for a set.

I'm happy to report that I will have finalized a stainless steel hose kit for the MM in the very near future and be offering it to owners in two forms.

The request for REAR hoses for those with aftermarket front brakes sparked the design of the rear hoses and thus the decision to offer both a 'Rear kit' as well as a full on 'Four Hose Kit' for the car.

In addtion to the hoses themselves, the kits will include the TCE designed mounting bracket to replicate the stock anchor for ease of installation. These are the same anchors used in the brake kit so qty is limited at this time as I gauge interest in this kit.

Pricing of these kit as follows;
Front kit only $89
Rear kit only $89
Four line kit $169

Orders placed and PREPAID prior to October 8th:
Front kit only $79
Rear kit only $79
Four line kit $149

This discount is being offered to evaluate the need for additional brackets and fund their run if required.

If you are in the market for hoses specific to the MM this is an excellent time to consider a purchase!

Please call or email your specific needs.

SergntMac
09-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Will these hose kits fit BAER brakes (front & rear)? If so, count me in for a set.
Yes. I'm doing the prototype thingy again with the Bear front brakes and OEM rear brakes. These kits will fit.

I need a volunteer near me with OEM brakes on the front to double check length and fitment. Anyone interested, please e-mail me at SergntMac@aol.com. You will be compensated for your effort.

Todd TCE
09-22-2004, 08:52 AM
The target for these hoses are stock calipers. They may in fact fit the Baer and other calipers with M10 banjo inlet fittings. However I make no promises too such at this time.

If you have Baers on the front (shame on you...lol) then I'd have to ask why you'd need hoses for them anyhow?? I'm assuming they came with hoses, thus the reason for my offering 'half sets' to help those (like Mac) who want matching rear sets.

I suspect that the final length and fit will accomodate a number of things both on the front and on the rear. The bad thing is that they won't fit my own caliper kits! Oh well.

BruteForce
09-22-2004, 10:30 AM
I bought my BAER kit direct and do not recall there being any steel lines in the box. I guess I'll need to take a look before I leap. :dunno:

Todd TCE
09-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Mac should have the hoses for some further test fit things later today. We'll be looking at the stock fronts and also check his car as to the fit of them on the Baer parts. I suspect they will work but would rather be sure before we state so.

Was rather hoping we'd see a bigger amount of feedback or interest in this kit. I was under the impression that there'd be a bigger market for a basic SS hose kit, given that there are none like it made exclusively for the MM.

I need some orders and confirmations on qty to get the ball rolling. We'll do it either way, but I'd prefer to go into production with a target qty in mind and be sure I have brackets for them ready as well.

If you're in need, give me a jingle.
480-967-7901

GordonB
09-23-2004, 10:14 AM
OK, I am interested in 2 full (front & rear) sets of SS hoses for my 2 MMs. Gawd is this gig getting expensive!!! Need to sell one spare car first though.

GordonB

RF Overlord
09-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Todd:

When we spoke on the phone a month ago or so, you indicated at that time you weren't making any SS hoses for the stock brakes...glad you changed your mind! I'll take a full set when they're ready...

BruteForce
09-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Verified that I have OEM "armored" brake lines hooked into my front and rear BAER calipers. If you can verify that your hoses will fit (call BAER maybe), I'm in for a full set front & rear.

Todd TCE
09-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Per our phone conversation; the change of heart was due to the lack of REAR hoses for htose with B brand or other front kits. Figuring that there's a small market for the rears we might as well do the fronts as too.

So....as you see, it's FRONT kit, REAR kit, or COMBO kit. Seems simple enough and should make everyone happy.

As for the B's we'll know within a few days as Mac will check out a few more things for me on his end. I'm sorry to say that I cannot do the final fit here in PHX, but I can't find a MM to work on!

And thanks for the tip on posts, I'll cross post this in the Garage.

Todd TCE
09-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Final form as been established.

Each kit will include hoses, mounting brackets and new banjo bolts.

*Note that a 'kit' is for only ONE end of the car so if you need only a rear kit that's fine.

Joe Walsh
09-30-2004, 07:45 AM
Final form as been established.

Each kit will include hoses, mounting brackets and new banjo bolts.

*Note that a 'kit' is for only ONE end of the car so if you need only a rear kit that's fine.

Todd, Can I assume that the SS brake lines are included with your 13" front and rear brake kits? ( I know that you use 6 & 4 piston Wilwood calipers on your front & rear kits..) I'm getting closer to ordering both kits from you. Joe

Todd TCE
09-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Yessir.

While they are included they are NOT the same hoses you read of here however. The caliper ends are very different. Ron tried out the concept of using the fronts on the rear as well, they are too short. Sent him some longer ones to use so we have dedicated rears for my calipers as well.

Todd TCE
10-01-2004, 10:59 AM
And 'yes' it looks as though these hoses will aslso work fine on the B brand brakes as well.