PDA

View Full Version : FHP pushbar

joflewbyu2
01-22-2003, 04:41 PM
anyone know where to purchase a front end pushbar like on the police cars? am i the only one that wants one?

RF Overlord
01-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Unless you live in the Australian outback, then yes...yes you are. :D

V10_P70
01-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Here is one vendor:

www.setina.com/frameproducts.htm

Use Google to look for "police push bars"

looking97233
01-22-2003, 04:55 PM
I am looking for one. But just a small one to mount the front plate to. I don't want to drill holes in my car. Mabye something that would just bolt to the frame then wrap up about 2" in front of the bumper. Would have to be stong though. Mabye I'll look into fab'ing one up myself.

V10_P70
01-22-2003, 04:59 PM
Look at the various vendors listed for push bars, you need to be careful not to collapse the bumper. You will find what you want, but will take about 1 hour searching web.

Setina
www.setina.com

Cruisers
www.cruiserscorp.com

chapel1
01-22-2003, 05:09 PM
I think your going to lose the stealth "look" and may gain some unwanted attenion?:confused:

RCSignals
01-22-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't understand why you'd want to make your car look like it has a 4x4 brush guard ??

Tim R.
01-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Has anyone consider a roll cage for their marauder? it's probably unwanted weight but its just a thought.

Marauderman
01-22-2003, 06:43 PM
FLA HP uses the push bar on their cars --maybe a little "look alike" is what joflewbyu in fla is looking to be???

nomad
01-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Nope,haven't thought about a rollcage or a push bar, or window netting or wearing a firesuit or a helmet.You know why?--------Cause it's SNOWING. 101" SO FAR!!! Know what it did yesterday and the day before and the previous 16 days? IT SNOWED!!! Tomorrow's forecast---SNOW!!! Oh well, just had to get that off my chest. At least they say it will warm up to 12 above tomorrow. HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE Sorry, again, cabin fever [miss my MM fever].

Marauderman
01-22-2003, 06:46 PM
If real serious though -the push bar can be located--there are other concerns to address with it though--like the air-bag --a switch added for on-off for using bar ,etc,,,

TAF
01-22-2003, 08:05 PM
that I washed my car today? Sorry, had to do that...stay warm.

cyled
01-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by joflewbyu2@aol.
anyone know where to purchase a front end pushbar like on the police cars? am i the only one that wants one?

:eek:

The boys over at www.crownvic.net will be glad to help ya.. I really hope you are a volunteer officer or something. Yes it is your car... but why?

:confused:

RCSignals
01-22-2003, 10:29 PM
You do know you'll have to cut holes in your Marauder's front bumper cover don't you?

looking97233
01-22-2003, 10:41 PM
No, No, Nothing like that. I just want a small bracket that will attach to the frame, or mabye the front crossmember. which will turn up in front of the bumber and be just large enough to mount the licence plate to. But it still has to be strong so a little bump won't send it into the bumper. That's why I said I may fab one up myself, I don't think that anything such exisits.

RCSignals
01-22-2003, 10:53 PM
I don't think anything like that exists either. Did your car not come with a license plate bracket?

looking97233
01-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Yes it did, I don't want to put holes in my bumper cover.

BigBadVic
01-23-2003, 05:42 AM
All the pushbars I have see require at least two holes in the bumper cover to mount, though I have see as many as 6 holes required for some others. I still have the one that was on my vic as a cop car, it was in the trunk when I got it, I put it on I like tye looks it gets plus I have always wanted a puchbar on a car (think it s a thing with growning up watching Dukes Of Hazard!)

Ken
01-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Do you need one of these to clean your driveway?:flamer:

jefferson-mo
01-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Hey Nomad are you a cop?????

Come to San Diego we need more cops and it's always sunny here...

And you can buy a mediocre house with virtually no land for only half a mil :eek: (I don't own one)

BigBadVic
01-23-2003, 10:39 AM
I hear that Jefferson, I used to live there, and since I left (mid 80s) it has gotten so much more expensive! Hell I can't even recognise my old neighborhood(just outside of Poway)

jefferson-mo
01-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Housing Farms I call 'em ...............

I'm sick of it myself but she won't leave:stupid:

building building building building........

don't hire more cops.........where's the water going to come from???????

Paradise my A** :puke:
no rain=brown hillsides(the ones still left with no houses on them)

I'm not even from here...I was dragged here in '62
Heck I'm form Toronto:beer:

jefferson-mo
01-23-2003, 10:56 AM
And one more thing!
The Traffic! and a traffic light on EVERY corner!
I'm sorry, did I say traffic light? I meant RED light!
Why did I buy a 'high performance' car?
What's the point?

I'm sorry I guess I got issues..........

:rasta:

there that's better........................ .............................. ........

LincMercLover
01-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Never seen a wrap around pushy bar on a Vic, so I dont' really think they exist.

If you're looking to avoid mounting the liscense plate to the bumper, why not devise something to put it in behind the grille. Some cops will let you slide if it's mounted to the skid plate underneither too...

Just a few options before you do something you MAY or may not regret later on in the cars life...

RF Overlord
01-23-2003, 12:11 PM
I gotta agree with "looking", at least in part...

I forgot to tell the dealer NOT to mount the front license plate holder (it was in the trunk when we test-drove it), so now I have holes in my bumper cover; expensive holes...I can't really hassle them for it, as it's a requirement in my state, however my T-bird never had one installed for 9 years and it was never a problem. I'd just tie-wrap the plate on there at inspection time (hey: it's mounted!) and remove it right after. Wanted to do the same with the Black Falcon, but...

Maybe I'll remove it and see if I can find some small black plastic plugs or grommets that'll fit and not look too bad...

martyo
01-23-2003, 01:41 PM
RF:

I used some black nylon license plate bolts to cover the holes in a similar situation. If you can't find some let me know and I will look in the old (and rusty) tool box for you. I probably got mine at a KMart equivalent.

SergntMac
01-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Radio Shack sells a whole bunch of "plug a hole" thingys, some are "flat" repairs, flush with the surface.

RF Overlord
01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks Sarge and stanleyk...those sound like just what I'm looking for!

RCSignals
01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Interesting. My car was delivered to the dealer with the front license plate bracket already attached.

RCSignals
01-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
Never seen a wrap around pushy bar on a Vic, so I dont' really think they exist.

Actually they do exist. The Portland OR Police use them. They look identical to a 4x4 wrap around brush guard.

Beadhead
01-23-2003, 07:01 PM
RC: couldn't agree more. Its a MM, guys, not a PI!!!

RF Overlord
01-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Yes, but it would make a damn fine PI...

RCSignals
01-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Yes, but it would make a damn fine PI...

The Marauder you mean? Can you imagine transporting drunks with that interior? :puke:

LincMercLover
01-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Hmm... maybe a Ten Commandments of Owning A Marauder are in order?

LOL, JP JP... :D

SergntMac
01-24-2003, 02:56 AM
ROTFLMAO...A Marauder in police service, I love it! This car is so quick, cops could get to the scene before the crime occurs!

Seriously though, I recall reading not long ago, that a few PDs east of me have put the MM on duty, and one for sure, was tested by the Michigan SP. The MSP testing is thought of as the test to pass for police equipment.