PDA

View Full Version : TCE to release SS brake hose kits

Todd TCE
09-23-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm happy to report that I will have finalized a stainless steel hose kit for the MM in the very near future and be offering it to owners in two forms.

The request for REAR hoses for those with aftermarket front brakes sparked the design of the rear hoses and thus the decision to offer both a 'Rear kit' as well as a full on 'Four Hose Kit' for the car.

In addtion to the hoses themselves, the kits will include the TCE designed mounting bracket to replicate the stock anchor for ease of installation. These are the same anchors used in the brake kit so qty is limited at this time as I gauge interest in this kit.

Pricing of these kit as follows;
Front kit only $89
Rear kit only $89
Four line kit $169

Orders placed and PREPAID prior to October 8th:
Front kit only $79
Rear kit only $79
Four line kit $149

This discount is being offered to evaluate the need for additional brackets and fund their run if required. If you are in the market for hoses specific to the MM this is an excellent time to consider a purchase!

Please call or email your specific needs- I'm taking names on a list now and will be calling back for billing info on or about the fifth.

Give me a ring: 480-967-7901

Todd TCE
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
I have finalized these hose kits and will have ivnentory in hand as soon as next Monday. Interested parties can place their discounted orders now.

:duel:

SergntMac
10-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Pricing of these kit as follows;
Front kit only $89
Rear kit only $89
Four line kit $169

Give me a ring: 480-967-7901
I have wanted SS braided brake lines for a long time now, but most of the stuff I encountered was priced way out of my reach for this mod. 275-300 bucks is too much IMHO. Moreover, none were tailored for the MM, and I was facing a lot of guessing in correct length, hardware and fittings. Plus, I have the BaerClaw brakes on the front, and getting the correct fit for them took even more trial and error. I got tired of all that and put it to rest. Thank you, TCE, nice job! Great prices too!

I am very pleased with TCE's offering. The install took about an hour and went smooth. You'll use pint of brake fluid in bleeding the lines, but other than that, it's a snap. I sent some before and after pics to TCE for Todd to sort out for your viewing.

My experience with OEM brakes is very stale, so, I cannot comment on how these lines will change your braking capacity, or, feel with the OEM brakes in front. However, I have made a side by side comparasion with the Baer brakes, and IMHO, this is a good upgrade to a great brake system. It's reasonable to expect the same, if not better results from the OEM brakes.

The OEM brake lines look "beefy" because they are made of several layers of rubber, with external "collars" in select places. They are stronger looking than they need to be, but I don't challenge their wearwithall. The OEM brake lines will probably last longer than you will own your MM. However, I have a certain "bling" factor going on with my MM (polished calipers, slotted rotors), and SS braided lines on all four corners was my desire as a finishing touch. I have that now, and I am delighted with the product and the cost involved.

Performance wise, yes you will feel a difference in the brake pedal, more feed back and precision braking. Braided SS lines reduce flex under pressure and your braking application is more instant and accurate. If you understand what having a finely tuned "tip in" does for your accelerator, you can enjoy this "tip toe" control with your braking power as well.

My experience with the BAER brakes has been disappointing in one area alone, rush hour stop and go traffic. My brake pedal was firm and reliable, but that gets tiresome when stuck in traffic. With these TCE lines in place, it's a softer pedal now, but one I have more control over, and with much less fatigue. If you are likewise bugged at times, this may be a solution for you too.

Baer brakes, or OEM, TCE has kits for both, prices posted above, you won't go wrong with this mod.

BruteForce
10-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Called Todd and will be getting the 4 line kit for BAERs all around. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this one Mac.

Todd TCE
10-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Thank you to those who purchased the TCE stock Stainless Steel hose kits.

They should be in your hands within the next few days.

However, the down side of this is that all future hose kits will be priced now at $195 for four lines, and $105 for half sets.

This increase in price reflects the addition of some other parts not factored from the begining as well as a lack of buying power when the first offer was posted. Given the production and pricing is based in part on qty, the initial buy was MUCH less than had been predicted. If I have little interest and buys it means I cannot pursue suppliers for lower costs on my end.

All four line kits include; four hoses, front brackets, rear brackets, four banjo bolts and eight crush washers. Installation is quite simple and will only require some hand tools and new fluid. I'd say time to install should be about 2hrs total.

Again, thanks to those THREE people who helped with this project either in funding or assisting in test fit. Too bad others have missed out on this offer.

DirtyDog
10-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry I missed your sale, I thought it ended on Monday the 11th.

Dave

Slowpoke
10-09-2004, 06:46 PM
I will give a full report in a 10 days or so as to how these will improve the braking on stock brakes.

Todd TCE
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Reports are in, and they're good.

I've got THREE more sets of these ON THE SHELF needing a home.

Guys; if we can't move more than a few sets of these I can't promise even the current price in the future...I had to raise it once to accomodate the reduced pre orders. If the next batch is built in less than 10 full kits the cost will have to go up a bit more.

I'd like to keep this an active product for you, but to do so we need to sell not only these three but some more as well to offset the investment in re order qty.

RF Overlord
10-29-2004, 12:37 PM
My set arrived yesterday and they're being installed Tuesday morning...I'll give a full report later in the day. If they work as good as they look, I can't wait... :beatnik: