PDA

View Full Version : Were's the winner of the Roush Marauder?

TAF
01-23-2003, 01:00 PM
I'd like to know what happened to this guy/car. For those of you that don't know, Hot Rod Mag. gave away a FREE MM in October in a drawing. And, you could get any custom color and get it modded by Jack Roush Racing.

Where are you? Anybod know?

TAF
01-23-2003, 01:04 PM
2003 Mercury Marauder Sweepstakes Winners Announced!
Hot Diggedy Dog! Check Here To Find Out Who!

The results are in, and some lucky sole has won the beast!

Grand-prize winner:

Stephen K of Salisbury, MD

GRAND PRIZE:

a) 2003 Mercury Marauder with customization package

b) 3-day/2-night trip for two to Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC from 10/12 to 10/13/02

Where are you steve?

SergntMac
01-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Hope he's not doing what the lottery winners did, would be a real challenge to chase down a Kenny Brown ridgerunner...

looking97233
01-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Sarge, isn't there an old addage about being very hard to out run Motorola?

chapel1
01-23-2003, 08:13 PM
I hope the winner is going to keep the car and I wonder what he's having done to customise it?Who knows maybe he took the dollars for the grand prize insted?It would be sweet to see what was done to the Roush Marauder?:confused:

Billatpro
01-23-2003, 08:18 PM
You'll find it a dealers show room with half vinyl roof and bunch of chrome and gold plating!!!!!!

RF Overlord
01-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Maybe HE'S the guy with the vinyl roof in Jersey!!!!

You beat me to it, Billatpro!

SaxGuy
01-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I entered that contest, alas I didnt win

LincMercLover
01-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Probably some rich bastard who said, "Ahh, my new demolition derby car!" when he found out he won. :(

SergntMac
01-24-2003, 02:43 AM
"Sarge, isn't there an old addage about being very hard to out run Motorola?"

Yes, there was, before the MM. The is a certain "psychology of the chase" that the MM can fulfill. Anyone who's been in a chase, knows that the longer the bad guy drives in a straight line, the better his chances of being caught. It's not speed that counts, it's quickness, and the ability to add distance between the cop and the bad guy. Then, the opposite rule applies. Keep changing streets and directions, and adding distance between you and the cop, and you stand a better than 50/50 chance to get out of his sight. Once you're out of sight, you're gone.

All the bad guys I've run down, stayed on a straight course, allowing me to summon help, seal off exits, report speeds and locations, and the more time I have to do this, via Motorola, the better for me. It soon becomes a matter of where we will stop the bad guy, not if.

OTOH, drive in every alley you can, turn at every corner, keep pulling away from me, and there comes a point where the information via Motorola becomes stale and useless, and no one knows where we're at. Keep turning, add distance, you'll win. The MM can do this, piece of cake, with the right driver.

What frightens me the most about my MM, is someone stealing her and leading the police on a chase. The car will out run them, no doubt. But can the driver out drive without someone getting hurt...

TAF
01-24-2003, 05:40 AM
and see if the guy was around here. It would be interesting to me to know what happened.

And sarge, I posted before on here that the Doraville PD (North suburb of ATL) purchased 4 Marauders that are being converted into police cruisers. The funny thing is, that's where the GM plant is located here and they have typically been running the Generals cars.

As soon as I see one "dressed" for patrol, I'll try to get a pic.

RF Overlord
01-24-2003, 05:41 AM
Sarge:

I am somewhat addicted to those Sheriff John Bunnell "Wildest Police Chases" programs on Fox, and it sort of disturbs me. Would you favour us with your thoughts on not only these programs, but also on high-speed chases directly. I know there's no simple "right or wrong" standard that can be applied in all cases, but I would value the opinion of a LEO who ISN'T out to sell sensational videos for a living.

That is, unless you're still selling those bootlegs of "Backdraft" from the trunk of your car... :D

bchapman
01-24-2003, 06:44 AM
My former husband who is a retired Port Authority sergeant would tell the guys not to kill themselves over a stolen car because Allstate wasn't going to send their widows a thank-you note.

Has anyone looked at Lo-Jack or any other tracking system?

SergntMac
01-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Backdraft, eh? Was I that far out there? Guess so...LOL

I hear ya RF, and some shows I enjoy, others frighten me. Television teaches things, some good, some not good, but it teaches nonetheless. IMHO, the more you cover a specific topic, such as chases, some may get an appetite for the thrill, like it's fun, some kind of crazy contact sport. When I watch those skateboarders fly around, I see they get a big charge out of defying gravity, but my bones ache when they crash. If I can see their thrills, I'm sure someone is seeing thrills in the chase stuff, and I am sure some run from the cops only because they can, and they want to. I don't like programs that focus too much on thrills, when the "sport" is dangerous, and only half the players have agreed to play. Would be nice if they ocassionally balanced the menu with the reality of tradgey, but then it wouldn't be entertainment.

I've always enjoyed COPS the most, it was most real and most truthful of programs. I think "live on the scene" stuff is valuable to building a better understanding between police and the community. Sometimes, it was boring and redundant, othertime, s**t hits the fan. That's accurate, that's how we live, and how we police. COPS teaches too, but a better lesson.

Now that I'm a C.O., I don't get out on the street often, and I must admit that these shows are exciting to me, my heart races from the action, and I cringe at the destruction. I've been upside down in a cruiser at high speed, it's the stuff nightmares are made of. Watching a good chase allows me to take on my devils.

Driving my MM does that too...

tomd
01-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by toddalanfisher
and see if the guy was around here. It would be interesting to me to know what happened.

And sarge, I posted before on here that the Doraville PD (North suburb of ATL) purchased 4 Marauders that are being converted into police cruisers. The funny thing is, that's where the GM plant is located here and they have typically been running the Generals cars.

As soon as I see one "dressed" for patrol, I'll try to get a pic.

That will be nice! Must have money in that PD! :P

TAF
01-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Its NOTORIOUS for "speed-traps" through there....go figure where the $s come from...

WhatsUpDOHC
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
OLD POST ALERT!

I was surfing the Internet for "Marauder" and found this contest:

http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/2003_mercury_marauder_sweepsta kes_winners/

Did anyone ever surface as Stephen K of Salisbury, MD?

Do we know anything about this car?

Mark

Bluerauder
11-16-2012, 05:20 PM
OLD POST ALERT!

I was surfing the Internet for "Marauder" and found this contest:

http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/2003_mercury_marauder_sweepsta kes_winners/

Did anyone ever surface as Stephen K of Salisbury, MD?

Do we know anything about this car?

Mark
Brutus and Jewels were from Salisbury, MD. Not his car; but I think he mentioned that he had seen it around his area.

WhatsUpDOHC
11-17-2012, 05:43 AM
We've got to go a recruitin' in CAM land.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2