PDA

View Full Version : Got a new tune... big gains...

Constable
09-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, I finally got around to having my MM dyno-tuned again. It still felt fast, but was a bit sluggish after the trans and torque converter went in. Jim D'Amore of JDM Engineering went on vacation for four weeks, so I couldn't get him to wave his magic wand over my car. I did the next best thing: went to LaRocca's Performance and let Jimmy LaRocca turn it up a notch!!

I only gained 2 rwhp (294 to 296) so I was a bit disappointed. Then Andrew (another hired gun) showed me the torque graph... WOW!! When the converter flashes at 3000rpm, it multiplies torque to the tune of 354 lb-ft!! It stays that high until about 4000rpm where it slowly drops to about 310 lb-ft. It stays there until about 5200rpm and then slowly drops with rpms. I have over 290rwhp from 4600rpm to 6300rpm... it's bad as hell...

Now that the torque converter is locking and unlocking on the right schedule, the car is much more driveable and much faster (not to mention that extra 41lb-ft at the tire!!).

Before I sell the car, I'll hit the track again. Stay tuned for timeslips!! Watch out Barry!!

FiveO
09-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Very nice....!

Good luck selling her. This might be a nice advertisment :)

Krytin
09-25-2004, 06:24 AM
Very nice Constable! Any contact info on LaRocca's Performance? PM is ok.
Thanks,
Paul

CRUZTAKER
09-25-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm watching.....:P

Nice numbers. And again, sorry to hear it's being sold.