PDA

View Full Version : Rear TCE Wilwoods

Marauder8
09-26-2004, 08:58 AM
I have just installed a set of rear Wilwood fixed calipers with 13 inch rotors from ToddTCE. This a very neat setup that requires a little work to do, but well worth it. Now my MM has Wilwoods on all corners.
This is a project that ToddTCE has been trying to get off the ground floor and I agreed to help him.
I think that Todd may have a kit available in the not too distant future.
There are more pics in my gallery.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1562100_0155-thumb.JPG http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/1562100_0158-thumb.JPG

Petrograde
09-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Wow,.. just checked out the pics in the gallery... very nice!

This is pretty much what I am looking for in a brake mod. I hope to have the funds for it sometime this year!

Can you get them in Ford Blue?

jgc61sr2002
09-26-2004, 10:58 AM
I concur. They sure do look good. :2thumbs:

Marauder8
09-26-2004, 11:13 AM
I do not know about blue. Ask Todd at TCE.

Todd TCE
09-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Blue?
You're on your own for colors but I'll set you up with the brakes.

Petrograde
09-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Blue?
You're on your own for colors but I'll set you up with the brakes.

Fair enough.

I'm not exactly sure when,... but, when I go with the front and rear Wilwood setup, I'll be calling you!

Thanks Todd

Todd TCE
09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Here's a little suggestion....

If I were going to do this and wanted it in blue, I'd not use the BSL6 front calipers on the kit but rather the FSL caliper of some of the other kits and as shown on the rear kit above.

Reason is finish of the PC on them. The FSL may take to the PC better than the billet of the six pot. Smooth surfaces with sharp edges make for black lines under them and loss of stick for the paint. The FSL being a forging is rougher on the body finish in a way.

Never done the FSL on this kit but I think wheels will again become an issue as well, so there may be some things to consider.

Just my .02 from having seen BSL6 in color and not as happy with it as the FSL. But that's just me.

Fourth Horseman
09-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Oh, they do indeed look great. I've been wanting some kind of a kit that would increase the size of the rear rotors as well. A complete four-corners kit would be most welcome, especially if they had optional cross-drilled rotors.

Todd TCE
09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh, they do indeed look great. I've been wanting some kind of a kit that would increase the size of the rear rotors as well. A complete four-corners kit would be most welcome, especially if they had optional cross-drilled rotors.

So what's stopping you? Pick up the phone and order both, all cross drilled, all zinc plated, whatever you like.

BTW, what happened to the other three horsemen?

Fourth Horseman
09-27-2004, 09:49 PM
So what's stopping you? Pick up the phone and order both, all cross drilled, all zinc plated, whatever you like.

Funds, sadly. I'm aiming for summer next year, though.

BTW, what happened to the other three horsemen?
I had to let them go. Corporate restructuring for fiscal responsibility, and all that. :D