PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Everyone?

Cobra25
09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Was wondering how every one made out with the last Hurricane & how everyone was doing?

CRUZTAKER
09-27-2004, 02:51 PM
My parents roughed it out in our trailer home in Bradenton ignoring pleas to evacuate. She told me at one point she felt the trailer actually move and rock. The high winds opened one of the crank windows in the back of the trailer, but no damage otherwise. The repaired roof from an earlier storm held up, and did not peel up as before. No leaks. No power.

The neighbors trailer lost two awnings, which blew into their back yard. Another neighbor lost a palm, and one of the oldest trees in the area (can't remember the name-the one with the funny roots that spread out from the tree) was uprooted and killed.

Otherwise, all is well, just waiting for the next one.:depress: Lucky again....

Cobra25
09-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Barry glad to hear your parents did ok and no one got hurt. AS far as us just a little tree damage thats about it.

Bootlegger
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Everything ok here, still doing the waiting game on contractors to show up..No damage this time.. Smokie left a message yesterday saying he didn't have power at his home. Just received the settlement finally from the first hurricane, don't need anymore !! Hope everybody on your coast faired well.

Tallboy
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
venice lucked out again. we lost power for 7 hours yesterday, but had the generator cranking, so no big deal here.

SouLRioT
09-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Wind noise was louder than the last one, but nothing really happened here. Lost cable on saturday night and that was it. Everything is back to normal now.

Bigdogjim
09-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I for one am glad to hear that you are all doing well....

My hats off to you all.................:):):)

Smokie
09-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Doing ok, power came back today, a little roof damage, will fix myself. Just mentally tired; had to work today. No complaints, grateful nothing bad happened.

Cobra25
09-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Doing ok, power came back today, a little roof damage, will fix myself. Just mentally tired; had to work today. No complaints, grateful nothing bad happened. Sorry to hear about the roof damage Javier,Glad to hear no one got hurt. AS far as mentally tired , I know how you feel.

jgc61sr2002
09-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Glad to hear you all weathered the storm with no injuries and minor damage. :)

RoyLPita
09-27-2004, 06:14 PM
I lost my cable, too. I got it back about 11:30 the next morning. My relatives still had power this time around. No major tree damage, just another batch of wet leaves that ended up sticking to my car and to the bottom of my shoes.

GordonB
09-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Glad to hear everyone, so far, is OK.

Anyone heard from Carfixer?

GordonB

Bowtie
09-28-2004, 07:39 AM
...and one of the oldest trees in the area (can't remember the name-the one with the funny roots that spread out from the tree) .......That would be a Banyan tree.
I lived in Palm Beach County for 10 years ;)

Pat

Cobra25
09-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Glad to hear everyone, so far, is OK.

Anyone heard from Carfixer?

GordonB Gordon I spoke to Carfixer last nite , he was away for a few days and everything is fine.

King Fubar
09-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I made it just fine....parked the Merc in the garage and left the wifes car in the driveway....Escapes are a dime a dozen

Cobra25
09-29-2004, 07:50 AM
King Fubar, Glad to here everything is fine. Why don't you join us next month, Carfixer, Bootlegger , tallboy & buckyboy just to name a few drive over together. Pm a message to them and join the group. It's always the 3 rd. friday of the month at the Tower Shops in Davie.

carfixer
09-29-2004, 12:04 PM
We came out fine, no damage. We were on a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas from Friday to Monday. Since the Bahamas were getting the hurricane the day we were supposed to be there, our cruise ship stayed out to sea and sailed just to the north of Cuba for 2 days.

86GRANDMARQUIS
10-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Ground Zero for both Frances and Jeanne here in Ft.Pierce. No damage to the house where I am currently living. The Oak tree damage around us was worse than I can put into words. We lost power for 18 hours the 1st storm and 12 the 2nd. We never lost phone service. If you remember Andrew in 92 then you know about how it looks around here. Later.