PDA

View Full Version : My First Mod...

Tallboy
09-30-2004, 01:06 PM
i have finally decided what my first mod is going to be. trilogy kit #54!!! after exhaustive research on this site and a few conversations with carfixer, i broke down and spent the money. i am so excited i can hardly type!! the kit will be ready and shipped in one week. install to follow. i'll keep you posted!:woohoo:

SouLRioT
09-30-2004, 01:08 PM
man-o-man, good deal.......i'm green with envy, but i'll have mine soon enough. I just want to have a few more things done before I get my s/c. Enjoy it when you get it bolted on. Cant wait to hear how much fun your having with it.

mpearce
09-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Congrats on the Trilogy! I'm sure you'll love it!

-Mat

Bradley G
09-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Way to go Tall Boy,you went right for the Grand Daddy of mods IMHO!!:2thumbs: Tell Us How You DO! color me green too:D

MI2QWK4U
09-30-2004, 02:00 PM
i have finally decided what my first mod is going to be. trilogy kit #54!!! after exhaustive research on this site and a few conversations with carfixer, i broke down and spent the money. i am so excited i can hardly type!! the kit will be ready and shipped in one week. install to follow. i'll keep you posted!:woohoo:

Congrats on what is, in my humble opinion, the single best mod for the Marauder. You wont regret it, trust me! I am proud to have the second kit ever installed on any Marauder, and couldnt be happier! Tell me what you think when its done!

bigslim
09-30-2004, 08:41 PM
After riding and driving some Trilogy powered cars I must say you did the right thing. I will be doing mine over the winter. Good luck with the install.

hdwrench
09-30-2004, 08:47 PM
congrats. I was thinking of doing the same thing once i sell my harley. I still havent gotten a price quote on that kit after 2 pms thru this site and maybe even an email i cant remember. so exactly what does the kit cost? I have heard ballpark figures.

wesman
09-30-2004, 09:11 PM
What a first mod. I thought this would be a K&N or plugs thread.

Congrats.

FiveO
09-30-2004, 09:46 PM
congrats. I was thinking of doing the same thing once i sell my harley. I still havent gotten a price quote on that kit after 2 pms thru this site and maybe even an email i cant remember. so exactly what does the kit cost? I have heard ballpark figures.
The Trilogy Kit is about $6,000. This does NOT include any install. Kit alone.

Its spendy...but well worth it.

tallboy's gonna be happy :D

hdwrench
09-30-2004, 09:49 PM
The Trilogy Kit is about $6,000. This does NOT include any install. Kit alone.

Its spendy...but well worth it.

tallboy's gonna be happy :D
thanks for the info. I have a copy of the install manual it looks pretty straight forward so i think i'll do it if/when i get one. still have to get the car first but i am not gonna give away my trade in and the remaining MM's aint exactly flying off the lots so i think i have plenty of time.

bigslim
09-30-2004, 10:59 PM
$5995 for the powered coated kit and $6995 for the polished kit.

BillyGman
10-01-2004, 12:32 AM
The best choice you could've made Chuck. You won't regret it. I just replied to your PM before I saw this thread. I can sense your anticipation so much, that I'm almost as excited about this news as you must be!!!!

Hey, HD, if you have any questions about the installation, then just write to me. I did the install myself too.

Cobra25
10-01-2004, 05:49 AM
i have finally decided what my first mod is going to be. trilogy kit #54!!! after exhaustive research on this site and a few conversations with carfixer, i broke down and spent the money. i am so excited i can hardly type!! the kit will be ready and shipped in one week. install to follow. i'll keep you posted!:woohoo: You made a wise pick. I'm sure you will be happy with it. Is Carfixer Doing the install? He did some work on my car, he's really good.

Tallboy
10-01-2004, 11:34 AM
You made a wise pick. I'm sure you will be happy with it. Is Carfixer Doing the install? He did some work on my car, he's really good.
yes, carfixer is doing the install.:up:

lotusstv
10-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Tallboy,

There is nothing like the Trilogy S/C kit. You will be thrilled with it.

Steve

BillyGman
10-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Tallboy,

There is nothing like the Trilogy S/C kit. You will be thrilled with it.

Steve
Hey Steve! I haven't seen you post in awhile. It's good to see you're still around here. :2thumbs:

lotusstv
10-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Billy,

I'm still here, I tend to lurk around a lot & pst a little. Been busy burning rubber. You know how it is.

Steve

Hey Steve! I haven't seen you post in awhile. It's good to see you're still around here. :2thumbs:

Patrick
10-02-2004, 04:44 PM

:burn: :burn: :burn: :nworthy: :nworthy:

rumble
10-02-2004, 06:09 PM

I have nothing against you and Trilogy except envy. You will be joining one of the 100% clubs, 100% of the people who have installed this mod and posted here are very satisfied. The other 100% club is that fella Reinhart's stuff.

Those percentages are unheard of in this business. Kinda says something for the vendors we have here doesn't it?

Tallboy
10-02-2004, 06:16 PM
not only vendors, but the people on the site are fantastic. without all the help and information i've recieved from you guys, this would not be happening. thanks to all of you for helping me get the car i've wanted my whole life!:beer:

Patrick
10-03-2004, 07:56 AM
Yes Logan has got the best people to help sponser this site. I have yet to buy a supercharger and dont know if I will but if I do I know where to buy!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

BillyGman
10-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't know why anyone who owns a Marauder and who is a member of this board would want to purchase a S/Cer from anyone else other than the vendors here (Trilogy Motorsports, or Dennis Reinhart) unless they wanted to make their Marauder a 10 second drag car. There are now over 50 of us Marauder owners who have Trilogy S/Cer sitting on top of our engines (roots type), and the last I checked, there were well over 20 Marauders that are equipped w/the Reinhart S/Cer(centrifugal design).

There isn't any company nor vendor who even has come close to those numbers of Marauder customers when it comes to S/Cers. So if you go w/one of these, then all the work, engineering, testing, trial & error, prototyping, and real world experience has already been all mapped out for you. It's your best bet. And who wouldn't be satisfied w/a 12 second Marauder for the street and track? I know I am. Unless ofcourse you care to use your car as a guinea pig, or a prototype by being the first or second Marauder customer of another vendor. In that case, go for it. But for me to do that w/a car that I've recently spent 30K on is a little too rich for my blood. The only other viable alternative would be to purchase a kenny brown marauder which are also S/Ced. However, that would include more than just the addition of the S/Cer, and also is quite a bit more expensive too.