PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Englishtown, NJ.

Haggis
10-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Ladyhawke and I will be heading to Englishtown, NJ on Oct 8th. We will be there for SLP Customer Appreciation Day on Oct. 9th, we will be taking Chris' "cute car" the Firehawk since this is a GM thing and Marauders were not invited :censor: :argh:. Not only will there be a car show there will also be a F-body vs. Mustang shootout.

Here is the link:
http://www.slponline.com/cad2004/cad2004_1.asp

We will be staying at the Days Inn in E. Windsor, NJ about 5 miles from the track. Hope some of you will come down to hook up with us and watch some pony boys kick some GM butt.

Marauder
10-03-2004, 09:20 AM
Maybe I'll take a trip. I was gonna go the following weekend for the Ford weekend but maybe I'll hit both.

Marauder
10-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Maybe I'll take a trip. I was gonna go the following weekend for the Ford weekend but maybe I'll hit both.

Update,
Not going to be able to make it this weekend....but the following weekend is Ford weekend so I should be there. :D

Haggis
10-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Update,
Not going to be able to make it this weekend....but the following weekend is Ford weekend so I should be there. :D

Oh well, sorry to hear that Danny. Maybe we will catch you next time.

Haggis
10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Well Chris and I made it safely back from Englishtown, NJ yesterday evening. We left Friday at 11am and arrived sometime after 3pm, we met some fellow F-body enthusist at Mike's Famous Harley Davidson in Delware and had lunch.

Too put it short on the trip up and driving home Sunday we did not see one Marauder. Where were you guys? For surely you were not on the NJ Turnpike or any other of the local roads we traveled on our stay in NJ.

We had a good time and saw a lot of nice TransAms and other F-bodies. Chris was able to hear different exhausts systems and was finally able to make a decision and bought the SLP Loudmouth catback exhaust to put on her car.

They even had a burn-out competion and BillyGman and Barry have some competition from what I seen.

merc
10-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a great weekend. :)

BillyGman
10-12-2004, 01:16 AM
They even had a burn-out competion and BillyGman and Barry have some competition from what I seen.

oh, man, I can't believe that I missed that!! I didn't think that they ever had burnout contests at Englishtown!!! Last week I was combing their website looking for anything that mentioned a burnout contest, and I didn't see one thing!!! Why don't they ever list that on their online scheduele????? I'm sorry that I wasn't there. Do you have any idea when they will be doing that again?

Haggis
10-12-2004, 03:46 AM
oh, man, I can't believe that I missed that!! I didn't think that they ever had burnout contests at Englishtown!!! Last week I was combing their website looking for anything that mentioned a burnout contest, and I didn't see one thing!!! Why don't they ever list that on their online scheduele????? I'm sorry that I wasn't there. Do you have any idea when they will be doing that again?

Next year sometime, probably in Oct. again. It was SLP that had the burn-out contest, they did it in the water pit at the start line. One more thing the Marauder was not invited this year, hopefully they will change their minds for next year. There are a lot of us that could have beaten the F-bodies and Mustangs that were there.

MarauderMark
10-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Update,

I may be there as well providing the weather holds and no one calls..