PDA

View Full Version : What can't you get away with on I94?

Motorhead350
10-05-2004, 07:59 AM
I was doing 100 for 4 hours on I94 and the funny thing was I was following a cop in my Marauder. He had a GMC Jimmy, but the licence plate had a badge. He eventually turned off and waved to me. People especially in Chicago are so cool to you when your in this car! :banana2:

stevengerard
10-05-2004, 01:46 PM
The other day I was on western, street got vacant, floored it for a block only to have someone flash their brights at me from behind, a Chicago LEO just saying hello, do LEO's really let this car off with more than others or is it coincedence

Lou
10-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Earlier this year I was on I-294 heading toward Road America in Wisconsin and it was about 5 AM as I wanted to get an early start. Pulling out of the O'Hare toll plaza a Chevy pick-up nailed it and pulled up to about 105 in the left lane.

I figgered if there was a Dist 15 trooper still awake he'd get the guy in front of me first so I layed back about 1/4 mile and kept it around 105. We did better than 100 from the toll plaza to the state line where we both slowed down. The only time we slowed down was to go through the last toll booth.

At one point my radar detector chirped so I slowed down but the pick-up didn't. No further chirps so I got to about 130 catching up to him. It runs just as smooth at 130 as it does at 80.

I think I'm in lust...............:P