PDA

View Full Version : Provenance

james_hart6
01-24-2003, 10:02 AM
There's a program that comes out of Canada, "Dream Car Garage". On that program I saw a Corvette owner who had captured all of the paperwork - and I mean ALL of the paperwork - of the car in a three ring notebook. This guy even dropped the gas tank to retrieve the build sheet that was adhered to the top of the tank...

While perhaps not that rabid, I've gotten a black (naturally!) three ring binder that closes with a zipper, and have collected every piece of paper that relates to my MM. Not just service receipts, but the original dealership offer, the tags that came with the keys, the offers that came with the jacket, insurance tags, receipts from the K40 antenna and CB radio, everything to do with the car. They're kept in see-thru protective sheets.

While I doubt that the MM will become a highly desired classic, or that the folks who by 'em used will care, it's still handy to have everything in one place. And ya never know - suppose Mercury does stop production in a year or two and it ends up that there's only 10,000 cars ever sold...

And, of course, a pen and pad from Slowpoke are going into the folder as well.

Wonder if there's a build sheet over the gas tank? :confused:

Jim

Bigdogjim
01-24-2003, 11:26 AM
I am glad I am not the only one thinking like that. I have almost every bit of info newspaper, mag, net, etc. Been put it together for a while.
Good luck with it
Big Jim :rock:

BeaSStMaster
01-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Wow, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only packrat. At Impala gatherings, I was impressed by some guys who had Impala "scrapbooks" and decided over 2 years ago that I'd do the same. The difference is that mine was a Mercury Marauder scrapbook. I've printed each article that I found on the web (many from other countries in other languages) as well as every magazine and newspaper mention that I've seen of the Marauder ever since it was announced. (I especially like the ones that discuss it as a 2001 release):D

When I went to the dealer to get serious about ordering the MM, I coerced from him the MM Sales Guide in it's custom 3-ring binder. Boy, was I ever excited to get that!

I hope that my situation will change for the better soon and I can replace my aging Impala SS with a MM. If that doesn't happen, there's always the book, isn't there?

MAD-3R
01-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Replace? You would sell the SS?

Mark McQuaide
01-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Every fillup (which are too frequent) the miles and gallons pumped go into the Marauder Notepad with the Marauder Pen, then later into a Marauder spreadsheet on the computer that tracks everything about the car.

Once my wife sees the Marauder jacket and the Marauder CD, she figure I've finally gone over the edge. As long as Marauder posters don't start showing up in the bedroom...hmmmm

MAD-3R
01-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Or the plushy Marauder to sleep with.
How about just a teddy in a jacket with the hat?

And a kilt for Sarge

Long Live #3
01-24-2003, 01:36 PM
I'll take the Marauder plush toy.

I don't know about the kilt though.

BeaSStMaster
01-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Replace? You would sell the SS?

The BEASST (http://www.syllicom.com/Impala1.htm) has over 156,000 miles and, being the original owner, I can attest that each one was a hoot! But I think that it's time for a new SSled, don't you? :coolman:

russ in VA
01-24-2003, 01:49 PM
I've been doing the 3 ring binder thing for several years now on all my cars. I refer to them as baby books. I can tell you from experience that it really impresses shoppers when it comes time to sell. At least the enthusiasts anyhow.

I got the idea when I bought a 1991 Saleen Mustang from the original owner. He had every reciept for everything done to the car (quite a few mods too!) done up in a binder including a photo's and flyers from cars shows. Turns out, I had seen the car years before at a show I was at! Since I sold it, I have gotten calls from three successive owners wanting to chat about the car! (Be sure to blank out your credit cards numbers on the reciepts if you plan to pass the book on.)

LincMercLover
01-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Hmm... Marauder nighty... I'm gunna have to talk to my girl about this! :D

martyo
01-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Has anyone figured how to fit Logan into a three ring binder yet?

LincMercLover
01-24-2003, 04:15 PM
He'd need a Trapper Keeper (anyone remember those?)!

Bob Mathis
01-24-2003, 05:08 PM
I keep everything I can get my hands on. I have CD"S, Tech book that the dealer had pins all kinds of paper work. The box that the jacket came in is full. I've learned from having a 66 Fairlane what all that can mean when it comes to selling a car like this. But I don't plain on doing that.

BODYMAN
01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Same here all stashed in the jacket box, how fitting.
Same for every mustang I have owned (6).
I think it just shows how much we all care about our cars.

chapel1
01-24-2003, 05:31 PM
I also am putting all my Marauder stuff in my black box.Except for my promo "Marauder" hat I got from the dealer back in May.That goe's on the rear deck next to the new Mercury Marauder hat I got from the catalog.:coolman:

UncleLar
01-24-2003, 07:42 PM
That reminds me,I've got to start bugging my L/M saleslady for any training videos or cd's they have for tha Marauder so they don't just toss it in the trash later. You might check with your sales people on this idea too.

Billatpro
01-24-2003, 07:59 PM
BeaSSTMaster, your right, it's time to trade that portly well used and way past it's time pile of SS junk in on a brand new black MM, you will be glad you did.

Ah.......how much you gonna want for the old hagg any way......... just for S**ts and grins.

LincMercLover
01-24-2003, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't be dissing his SS too much... "What's one man's junk is another man's treasure." Someone may come along and want to dump that new ZZ 527 in here. You want THAT "pile of SS junk" beside ya at a stop light?:shake:

Billatpro
01-24-2003, 09:21 PM
LML, I think your missin my point.

LincMercLover
01-24-2003, 09:25 PM
LOL, no I'm not... I'm being humorous with you, although the smilie isn't very...

BODYMAN
01-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Has anyone else been able to obtain a promo dvd from a dealer on the Marauder. I purchased one off of e-bay for 23.00 well worth the money. approx 45-50 minute dvd. If anyone ever comes accros one on e-bay I would buy it up becuase they will not make anymore of these.

Todd

LincMercLover
01-25-2003, 08:40 AM
I've got one, but you can't have it! :D All I did was send in a bunch of requests for info on the Marauder before it was actually "available," then I think it's up to Mercury what they send ya. Got a booket once, a poster bochure, then this DVD. Guess it's just in how much ya bug 'em about the info! :up:

WolfeBros
01-25-2003, 10:31 AM
<<<<<<< Some dummy accidently threw his away and had to buy a replacement on ebay after he bought the car. :rolleyes:

chapel1
01-25-2003, 09:38 PM
I've taped all the car shows and test drives and commercials from T/V.And have two DVD's ,one which has not been opened which is for my Marauder collection.I've also framed my window sticker.