PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy ordered today..can't wait!!!

MMSuperFan
10-07-2004, 05:35 PM
After much reading and study...mostly here...I decided on the Trilogy S/C. Thanks to all those who post here and to Jerry Barnes and crew for the added technical information they provided.

Install is still three weeks away and my blood pressure is already up 20 counts.

Tallboy
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM
After much reading and study...mostly here...I decided on the Trilogy S/C. Thanks to all those who post here and to Jerry Barnes and crew for the added technical information they provided.

Install is still three weeks away and my blood pressure is already up 20 counts.
i know exactly how you feel. did they tell you what kit #you were? trilogy shipped mine yesterday and it will be here monday, then it's down to carfixer for the install. congratulations!!!:up:

MMSuperFan
10-07-2004, 05:59 PM
i know exactly how you feel. did they tell you what kit #you were? trilogy shipped mine yesterday and it will be here monday, then it's down to carfixer for the install. congratulations!!!:up:

I was too preoccupied with the prospects of kicking the crap out of one of my smarta$$ed neighbors (owns a '99 SS Camaro), at the track, I forgot to ask.

Tallboy
10-07-2004, 06:07 PM
i ordered mine on september 30th, and i was kit #54. let me know when you find out what #you were!

DVader
10-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Who sells it and what other mods would be required?

Tallboy
10-07-2004, 06:23 PM
trilogy motorsports is the vendor. from what i hear, nothing else is needed, it's quite a comprehensive kit. their link is on the forums homepage.

MMSuperFan
10-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Call this number and ask for Jerry Barnes (313) 336-6135

If you aren't sold after talking to Jerry, PM BillyGman or Logan.

jgc61sr2002
10-07-2004, 06:43 PM
DVader - Welcome aboard. :D

MarauderMark
10-07-2004, 07:51 PM

Nothing else is required BUuuuuuTT.A reinhart upgrade and t/c would be nice ,Kooks headers sys , 4:30's , the fuel pump and filter upgrade as well..Gets me excited just thinking of it... :D

Oops allmost forgot Welcome !!!!

Patrick
10-07-2004, 07:56 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

FiveO
10-07-2004, 07:57 PM

You can do the s/c and nothing else. Several people have and are very happy with it.

Should run about 13 flat with the stock pulley.

Its a spendy kit...but well worth it.

BillyGman
10-08-2004, 12:49 AM
MMsuperfan, that's great news!!! You'll be very pleased w/the Trilogy kit. Of that I can assure you. This kit will make your Marauder fast enough to blast by any stock Camaro on the planet as long as both cars have equal rubber on the back. What I mean is, if he has Drag radials, and you only are running the factory stock standard radial tires, that you might have enough traction problems for his car to give you a tough time off the starting line. but if he has standard radials also, or if you both have drag radials, and his car is stock, you'll hurt his feelings for sure. I've raced modified Camaros as well as stock ones and my car was always victorious.

Dvader, welcome aboard!!! If you have a Marauder, and want to reduce your 15 second quartermile ET by about two full seconds, then get the Trilogy kit, and it will do that w/out any other modifications, and even on the street tires. But if you want to get into the 12 second bracket, then simply add the Kooks headers and complete exhaust package, and some 4.10 gears in the rear, and you'll be well into the 12's even on hot days. But the Trilogy kit comes w/everything you need for a clean installation including the best installation manual that I've ever used in my life!!! I installed my kit on my Marauder myself. It also comes w/a special chip so you won't have to go get your Marauder tuned on a local dyno after the installation is complete. You might want to get it Dyno tested to see the great increase in power that you've obtained, but a dyno TUNE isn't needed. And your Marauder will then put 380-385 HP to the wheels if it's otherwise stock. if you have headers, and a free flowing exhaust, it will put down 400 HP to the wheels (like mine).

lotusstv
10-08-2004, 08:59 AM
MMSuperFan,

Welcome to the Trilogy club! You will not be disappointed. I installed my kit
about 10 months & have loved every minute of it. If your neighbors camaro SS is stock or close to it, you will have no problems. The best part will be the look on his face when your 4200 lb Marauder blows him away! :)

Steve

BillyGman
10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
MMSuperFan,

If your neighbors camaro SS is stock or close to it, you will have no problems. The best part will be the look on his face when your 4200 lb Marauder blows him away! :)

Steve
Yep, I know that look. :D That's how my co-worker with the LS1 powered 98 Camaro SS looked. And he had headers, ported cylinder heads, and a bigger camshaft, and I still beat him three times. He insisted on three times after he was beat the first time. He couldn't believe it. Before this happened he stated that "I wouldn't even waste my gasoline to race a Marauder because they're slow even if they are Supercharged". Boy did he eat his words. After this all went down the first time he said "I can't go back to work knowing that you beat me so bad....we gotta go once more...ya gotta give me another chance dude" :baaa: and so I gave him two more chances and he still failed to keep up w/the Big Black Stallion. He also said...... "that car is insane!!! I heard it go by me and it doiesn't even sound like a car.......it sounds evil!!!!!!"

Bluerauder
10-08-2004, 12:03 PM
He also said...... "that car is insane!!! I heard it go by me and it doiesn't even sound like a car.......it sounds evil!!!!!!"
Sounds like the ultimate compliment to me !!!! :D

Has he asked for best 3 of 5 yet??? :rofl:

BillyGman
10-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Sounds like the ultimate compliment to me !!!! :D

Has he asked for best 3 of 5 yet??? :rofl:
Yeah, actually I just learned that he went and sold the car to buy a rice burner!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!

MMSuperFan
10-11-2004, 08:57 AM
i ordered mine on september 30th, and i was kit #54. let me know when you find out what #you were!

Kit number 55.

Tallboy
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
i got mine monday. you won't believe how much stuff you're getting. i figured it would be a supercharger in a box. wrong! this is a very comprehensive kit. every nut, bolt, fitting, etc. is included. you'll be amazed...:)

MMSuperFan
10-13-2004, 05:46 AM
MMsuperfan, that's great news!!! You'll be very pleased w/the Trilogy kit. Of that I can assure you. This kit will make your Marauder fast enough to blast by any stock Camaro on the planet as long as both cars have equal rubber on the back. What I mean is, if he has Drag radials, and you only are running the factory stock standard radial tires, that you might have enough traction problems for his car to give you a tough time off the starting line. but if he has standard radials also, or if you both have drag radials, and his car is stock, you'll hurt his feelings for sure. I've raced modified Camaros as well as stock ones and my car was always victorious.

Dvader, welcome aboard!!! If you have a Marauder, and want to reduce your 15 second quartermile ET by about two full seconds, then get the Trilogy kit, and it will do that w/out any other modifications, and even on the street tires. But if you want to get into the 12 second bracket, then simply add the Kooks headers and complete exhaust package, and some 4.10 gears in the rear, and you'll be well into the 12's even on hot days. But the Trilogy kit comes w/everything you need for a clean installation including the best installation manual that I've ever used in my life!!! I installed my kit on my Marauder myself. It also comes w/a special chip so you won't have to go get your Marauder tuned on a local dyno after the installation is complete. You might want to get it Dyno tested to see the great increase in power that you've obtained, but a dyno TUNE isn't needed. And your Marauder will then put 380-385 HP to the wheels if it's otherwise stock. if you have headers, and a free flowing exhaust, it will put down 400 HP to the wheels (like mine).

Billy,

This question if for anyone who can answer it, but, I have seen the video of your burnouts. If I recall correctly, one of them is from a "dead punch" no left foot magic on the brake. If it is that easy to spin the tires, then how in the world do you launch it without losing all that energy? It would seem to me to be difficult if you go to WOT when the lights go green. :burnout:

lotusstv
10-13-2004, 06:47 AM
MMSuperFan,

I have never had my car to the track, so i do not have a launch technique for the 1/4 mile. But i can tell you that you need no 'left foot magic' to spin the tires. If you WOT from a dead stop the tires are spinning like no tomorrow. If you WOT at 5 - 10 the tires go up in smoke. If i am screwing around with someone i come out at about 2/3 throttle to avoid too much spin, let it get moving & then WOT. The bottom line is that there is so much power you just can't believe it. The first time you drive it, you just can't believe it. :)

Steve

Billy,

This question if for anyone who can answer it, but, I have seen the video of your burnouts. If I recall correctly, one of them is from a "dead punch" no left foot magic on the brake. If it is that easy to spin the tires, then how in the world do you launch it without losing all that energy? It would seem to me to be difficult if you go to WOT when the lights go green. :burnout:

BillyGman
10-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Billy,

Yes, I do hit WOT all at once when I get the green light on the tree at the dragstrip, and I have no wheelspin. But the reason for this is because both of those two burnout videos I posted were done w/the factory stock standard radial tires. And at the track I use drag radials. Infact, I like the Nitto P305/45/18 drag radials so much that I also use them on the street too. But you'll only probably get 10k out of them since they're made of such soft rubber. I would imagine that after 10K miles, they would be extremely treacherous in the rain.

But besides the drag radials at the track, you have to remember that they use a lot of that VHT rubber compound at the dragstrip, so you'll always hook-up better at the dragstrip than you will on the street. I can still smoke-up the Nitto drag radials from a dead punch on the street (although not as good as I can smoke the standard radial tires). But at the track, they grab real good as long as I take the air pressure down to 22 PSI.

MMSuperFan
10-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Yes, I do hit WOT all at once when I get the green light on the tree at the dragstrip, and I have no wheelspin. But the reason for this is because both of those two burnout videos I posted were done w/the factory stock standard radial tires. And at the track I use drag radials. Infact, I like the Nitto P305/45/18 drag radials so much that I also use them on the street too. But you'll only probably get 10k out of them since they're made of such soft rubber. I would imagine that after 10K miles, they would be extremely treacherous in the rain.

But besides the drag radials at the track, you have to remember that they use a lot of that VHT rubber compound at the dragstrip, so you'll always hook-up better at the dragstrip than you will on the street. I can still smoke-up the Nitto drag radials from a dead punch on the street (although not as good as I can smoke the standard radial tires). But at the track, they grab real good as long as I take the air pressure down to 22 PSI.

:bows: :bows: Thanks for the good info, Billy. Can't wait to get mine installed. But, for now I have to wait until the kit arrives. :alone:

SouLRioT
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM
are they still giving out the shirts with each kit? Because I'm looking foward to getting kit #250 (its going to be awhile)

Tallboy
10-14-2004, 11:36 AM
are they still giving out the shirts with each kit? Because I'm looking foward to getting kit #250 (its going to be awhile)yes. there's a form you fill out and fax back to trilogy. they send you a serial numbered shirt no charge. nice touch.

ParkRanger
10-14-2004, 02:38 PM

You got me enthused just reading your post. Congrats and hope it is all you expect and MORE.
Can't wait to see when we can go S/C here in Calif.
Enjoy your snack when you eat your neighbors car. Keep us informed.

PR :burnout: