PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so quiet in here?

QWK SVT
10-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Anyone care to say anything? I know there's several of us out there, how about post your location, and we'll se exactly how many Canucks there actually are on this board...

TripleTransAm
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Haven't you heard? We're all in deep hibernation following our first heavy snowfall of last week. Haven't left the house in days, running out of food, will resort to killing/eating neighbors soon.

Didn't help that our electric grid was shut down thanks to the additional demands requested on our power provider from south of the border when they tried to jump start The Secret Project's motor.

Dr Caleb
10-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I think there's only about a dozen or so of us. One in each province, two in Ontairo if memory serves.

I guess we're all still kinda shell shocked. Parlament back in session, the HMCS Chicoutimi, and we're all kind of laying low around MM.net.

I'm kind of interested in Marty's Frankenstein too . . .

Reduaram
10-17-2004, 03:09 PM
The wet coast has a couple of Marauders out here. I have 1 and have seen another one on the mainland. I think there is still an '04 for sale in Duncan.

yorks
10-17-2004, 03:21 PM
I know of at least 3 in Windsor including mine, but I think I'm the only member here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

89VERT
10-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Vancouver on the west coast here.

FordNut
10-21-2004, 01:47 AM
Haven't you heard? We're all in deep hibernation following our first heavy snowfall of last week. Haven't left the house in days, running out of food, will resort to killing/eating neighbors soon.

Didn't help that our electric grid was shut down thanks to the additional demands requested on our power provider from south of the border when they tried to jump start The Secret Project's motor.
Snow? That's a 4-letter word.

Dr Caleb
10-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Snow? That's a 4-letter word.

It started snowing last week. There's almost 30cm (1 foot) on the ground, and more to come in the next couple days. Freezing rain this morning. It would have been faster to walk to work, but not by much!

The MM is frozen in place in the driveway :( I didn't have time to ready it for winter, the snow hit so fast. . .

I can think of many, many four letter words today!

89VERT
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
About 15 Celsius in Vancouver today .Bright sun and virtually no cloud.. uh.. oh .. do I soundl like I'm gloating ?

Sorry ...
I washed the MM before I drove to work today and it looked fabulous all day !

QWK SVT
10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
About 15 Celsius in Vancouver today .Bright sun and virtually no cloud.. uh.. oh .. do I soundl like I'm gloating ?
Yes, you do! Damn you, and your good weather (and all those beautiful ladies, to boot) :D Oh well... You'll be soaked with rain, sooner or later :D

89VERT
10-23-2004, 06:01 AM
Hey , I was in Toronto ( Niagara on the Lake area) last week and your weather was not that bad ... but when you compare it to the west coast ....

Digital Man
11-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Uh, Hamilton Ontario.

My '04 (built in April) has seen its first snow fall. Yeah, she was a bit scared. But I said, don't worry honey, were gonna get you some nice new snow tires for Christmas.

I think she'll be ok.

:burnout:

Dr Caleb
11-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Just heard from a another guy in Edmonton! Bought his during the last full moon, during a lunar eclipse while the Red Sox were winning the world series.

Cursed, or blessed - you decide ;)

stock93cv
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
I am in Delta BC and I have seen 2 other MMs over the last year, one at the broder crossing and one on the 91 Connector a couple of months back. Gotta be more floatin' around here somewhere. Anybody know how many were sold in canada in each year?

tmac1337
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
For those of you in colder climates, I would just like to say its in the upper 70's here in south florida. I have my doors and windows open, a nice breeze through the house. And oh yes, the Marauder likes to come out of the garage once every few days, ALL YEAR LONG.

Dr Caleb
11-09-2004, 03:47 PM
For those of you in colder climates, I would just like to say its in the upper 70's here in south florida.

If you sucked any harder, you'd have 'Hoover' stamped on your forehead. ;)

Just Kidding, of course :lol:

It was 21C just south of here (Calgary) yesterday. That's 69F to you southern folks. ;)

snowbird
11-09-2004, 04:42 PM
For those of you in colder climates, I would just like to say its in the upper 70's here in south florida. I have my doors and windows open, a nice breeze through the house. And oh yes, the Marauder likes to come out of the garage once every few days, ALL YEAR LONG.I wouldn't want to wreck your day or anything but i trained a squadron of duck to s__t on target all summer and just sent them for the winter a couple miles north of Hollywood beach for the winter (Gee, look like your area)

If you find a birdy "gift" this winter on your car, well, i will invoke, what was it, the fifth amendment ??!!!
:flamer:

TripleTransAm
11-10-2004, 06:21 AM
For those of you in colder climates, I would just like to say its in the upper 70's here in south florida. I have my doors and windows open, a nice breeze through the house. And oh yes, the Marauder likes to come out of the garage once every few days, ALL YEAR LONG.

Except every few years, said garage ends up scattered across the panhandle and parts of Georgia and South Carolina...
:coolman:

It's all good... as I was mentioning to my Louisiana-born ex-coworker who's now in Orange County CA (and incidentally, dying to come back to Montreal), having seasons actually makes you appreciate the weather. Hopefully, this will be the first winter in a while that I will not lament my driving situation (I sold my Civic this May) with all my Trans Ams tucked away for 3-4 months... that is, unless my MM decides to give me a little 'quality-related' surprise... :help: (latest thing on the list of failures... the lighting in the driver's side window control pod).