PDA

View Full Version : AAA auto insurance

nslatin
10-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Does anyone here insure their vehicles with AAA. Here in Las Vegas it is AAA of California. The story I got today was they own the insurance company, and run it as a not for profit. This means they have to plow the profits back into the company and this keeps the premiums low. Very low.

The name of the company is Western United Insurance. This policy, for my MM and my wifes 04 Camry V6, was $3000 less for the full year than the same coverage with State Farm.

Any feedback about WUI or AAA would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

sailsmen
10-09-2004, 03:48 AM
If you are buying Limits less than what the State Financial Guarranty Fund provides no problem.

I will give you an example AAA quoted on my mother's insurance. She paid more to go with Fireman's Fund. Why? the AAA insurance company although "A" rated has a net worth of $65 million vs several Billion for Fireman's Fund.

Our State Guarranty Fund only covers up to $150,000. Her house is worth over 2X that and her Auto Limits are over 2X that.

ParkRanger
10-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Neal:

Changed from State Farm to AAA 3 months ago because of a premium increase due to a fender bender my wife had with her car. I was really irrated because I have been with SF for 25 years w/o incident :mad2: so I shopped and was very surprised at the low cost with AAA. Not only better rates but also better coverage -immediately changed to AAA for not only cars but all my home insurance too. Saving a bundle! :D

PR :burnout:

chrish
10-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Does anyone here insure their vehicles with AAA. Here in Las Vegas it is AAA of California. The story I got today was they own the insurance company, and run it as a not for profit. This means they have to plow the profits back into the company and this keeps the premiums low. Very low.

The name of the company is Western United Insurance. This policy, for my MM and my wifes 04 Camry V6, was $3000 less for the full year than the same coverage with State Farm.

Any feedback about WUI or AAA would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

The 3k you "saved" for the 2 cars would BE= to 2300 more than I pay for 2 cars for a year .......

What gives?????? :banned:

nslatin
10-11-2004, 06:04 PM
The 3k you "saved" for the 2 cars would BE= to 2300 more than I pay for 2 cars for a year .......

What gives?????? :banned:
I guess that would be one of the differences between Texas and Nevada :coolman: . Las Vegas is a high auto premium town.