PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble downloading tune from PC

teamrope
10-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I have a brand new (never used) SCT 9100 and the interface cable that connects to the serial port on my PC, but cant get my pc to see the tuner to send it the file.

Do I need additional software, or should I hook it up to the car first? ANy help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Dennis Reinhart
10-09-2004, 07:59 PM
I sent you the SCT software if you are still having trouble give me a call tomorrow

01 Interceptor
10-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Your serial port may not be enabled in CMOS.

MM03MOK
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Just a guess.......try "Add Hardware" in your control panel after connecting the Tuner to your serial port. The computer needs to recognize that the tuner is connected.

teamrope
10-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Just a guess.......try "Add Hardware" in your control panel after connecting the Tuner to your serial port. The computer needs to recognize that the tuner is connected.

I tried that Mary, but thanks anyway

Your serial port may not be enabled in CMOS.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I tried it on my laptop too. Same results.

I sent you the SCT software if you are still having trouble give me a call tomorrow

Thanks Dennis, your the best!

BK_GrandMarquis
10-09-2004, 11:41 PM
I tried that Mary, but thanks anyway

Maybe, but I doubt it. I tried it on my laptop too. Same results.

Thanks Dennis, your the best!

Did you have it connected and turned on before you turned on the PC? Serial devices are not always recognized like other plug and play devices.

MarauderMark
10-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Goto your start menu then control panel then system .then click on hardware then click on com see if it has other than one port being used if so thats it .if not unplug it , put it back in and check it again.
The comp should reconize the cable.